Thread: T-Mobile Iphone 5 on Straight Talk T-mobile?

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile Iphone 5 on Straight Talk T-mobile?

Has anyone tried this? Will the APN need to be modified?

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure with Straight Talk. I can tell you that on other phones, with straight talk you always have to put in the APN. But, on Simple Mobile, you do not. With that in mind, I'd go with Simple Mobile. There is not a lot of difference in price and the coverage is the same.

With a MyTouch 4G slide and a Amaze 4G and a S3 and a Straight talk sim, I had to put in the APN's. But, with a Simple Mobile sim, I had 4G data as soon as I put the card in the phone.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Phone
    Nexus 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for your response. I would much rather stay with straight talk t-mobile as I have yet to experience any type of data cap or throttle. Simple mobile is too restrictive with data. Can anyone that has tried this combo out comment?

Feedback Score
    I had a phone on Simple Mobile that worked with no APN changes for 3 days then suddenly data wouldn't work without changing the APN. I'm just mentioning it so someone doesn't pick them for that reason alone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by desertflyer View Post
    I had a phone on Simple Mobile that worked with no APN changes for 3 days then suddenly data wouldn't work without changing the APN. I'm just mentioning it so someone doesn't pick them for that reason alone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums
    Don't know what phone you are using, but mine has worked for months. However, I'm getting ready to replace all my phones so I'd like to know what phone you were using. I'm going iphone's myself. But, I think I'll wait till the new one comes out with the larger screen. iphone 5S? or whatever they'll call it. I was going to wait for the GSIV, but I'm giving up google.

Feedback Score
    Was using a One S. Updating the APN settings fixed it. This was close to a year ago.