Thread: LG505c How do I view whats on the sd card in my phone

Feedback Score

LG505c How do I view whats on the sd card in my phone

I want to see the files on my sd card that's in my phone and I can't find a way to see them. All I can find is card memory with my pictures,sound,contacts,music. There's no other or files. I tried to trasfer everything from the card to the phone memory and same thing. Also when I try to transfer a .jar file to the phone with blutooth it says "file not supported" when I know very well .jar and .jad files are supported since that is what the java games are on the phone. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    I believe you are going to need a data cable. The card is a separate animal from the phone, so to speak, and there is limited communication between the card memory and the phone memory. This is to keep a wall between the two to help prevent access to Tracfone's special programming through a cable. So the phone memory is accessed via bluetooth and the card memory is accessed via cable. Bluetooth is not as scary as a cable, because it can be restricted to just certain jobs.

The card is basically a flash drive and you can put things on it that are not allowed into the phone memory. So try putting the jar and jad on the card and tell the phone to look for them there and let the phone work with them long distance. Might be more acceptable to the security system.

Feedback Score
    Thanx for the info but this phone will not let u see any jar files from the card(thanx to tracfone) since they want you to use up your minutes online downloading files. God forbid if tracfone lets us get something for free on any of their newer phones.
    Next Question, anyone know how to get rid of the annoying security box in opera mini 7.1 where you have to clk "allow this time" every time you clk a link to go to another page? It just uses up more of your minutes having to clk that every time. I'm ready to dump it and get another browser.

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yobry1 View Post
    Thanx for the info but this phone will not let u see any jar files from the card(thanx to tracfone) since they want you to use up your minutes online downloading files. God forbid if tracfone lets us get something for free on any of their newer phones.
    Next Question, anyone know how to get rid of the annoying security box in opera mini 7.1 where you have to clk "allow this time" every time you clk a link to go to another page? It just uses up more of your minutes having to clk that every time. I'm ready to dump it and get another browser.
    To see all files on the card try using a file manager app llike http://boostapps.com/apps/ultimate-file-explorer/

To eliminate security prompts in Opera Mini use a signed version of Opera Mini. See http://blog.wapreview.com/6693/ for instructions
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com