Thread: WHY must you suck so bad Clear??

Feedback Score

WHY must you suck so bad Clear??

So I am in jacksonville,FL. A Clear 4g area. I had them for about 4 years and left them. I recently needed a mobile hotspot again so I tried to hookup my 4g one I had through them. Nope..they said I needed to purchase a new one since it had been more than 6 months. So I bought their new $50 hotspot and paid for the $50 unlimited plan and it is JUNK. Modem/hotspot shows full green, great signal. I am 10 feet from it and it shows as 2 bars on my laptop. And this is a brand new laptop with a good antenna. I went in and changed the hotspots range from "short" to "long" and it STILL sucks. Whats the deal?? I need a hotspot. I use it. But this damn thing SUCKS. My new and old hotspots are right next to each other. I can go down the hall the new one shows 1 bar the old 3 bars. And for the record this is my THIRD hotspot in 2 weeks, the Clear rep just tells me its a bad hub and exchanges it. 3 of them now?? Cmon!! What should i do? Or is there a better hotspot? Better service?? What.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Apple iPhone 6s Plus, Nexus 6, Note 5, Galaxy S7 edge
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I use a Clear Spot Voyager and have no problems with the range. I would suggest to try updating the firmware on your current hotspot.

Feedback Score
    that is really bad that devices become so quickly unsupported, not very environmentally friendly. Years ago I lived in Jacksonville, FL and I tried that service and had the same problem. I still have the router somewhere, they tried to charge me an ETF before the end of the return period, it was a huge hassle. Clear had the potential to be an excellent idea but unfortunately the company doesn't care about making improvements or respecting their customers who have problems. "we'll try resetting the towers blah blah blah whatever". Believe me, you are not alone in terms of Clear problems. Some areas it's fine and others it's garbage.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    service up and down all month
    The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
    You have to work to be successful.

Feedback Score
    If you happen to be in an area where Clear works you really can't beat the service. I usually use over 10gb per month streaming videos, In some months I've gone over 20gb and it has been very reliable for me. I only use it in about 4 different places and I have good coverage in all of those places. It is truly the only service available any more without limits on how much data you use. In my circumstance I couldn't be happier. I don't see myself ever using it to replace my home internet but for what I use it for it's perfect.

Feedback Score
    I live in SaintLouis Mo, I use Clearwire and love it. It drops out sometimes but it is far better and more reliable than Charter ever was.
    My unit is a modem only though and it is Ethernet cabled to a wifi router. If the OP can go that rout, modem to wifi router they may have better luck because they can buy a good wifi router and know they are going to get good signal.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Feedback Score
    i have actually used Clear b4, i had it built in my HP Laptop and the service was fast, i mean really really fast. I used alot of data just to test the network, and it is very fast,i like in a month i used a little over 30GB of data. But within the month i was throttled, i had to call and they had to reset it, and then i was back on track.

There is something up in your area. Do u have on any Bluetooth devices on when your trying to get a signal, is there a cell phone near, because these things can play into your signal strength and network performance.

Feedback Score
    Funny, I average 65+ gigs a month, I watch massive amounts of Netflix, HuluPlus and Amazon Instant Video.
    Never been throttled. And it has been over two years this way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    Funny, I average 65+ gigs a month, I watch massive amounts of Netflix, HuluPlus and Amazon Instant Video.
    Never been throttled. And it has been over two years this way.
    WOOOOOOOOOW... WOW.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    We don't have satellite or cable, gave it all up because there is so much crap on tv any more.
    This way we pay about 25 a month for the three services and have plenty to watch.
    Dish was about 100.00 a month and we almost never turned it on because we have been watching the other three.

That and Internet, but I don't even see 10 gigs a month being used for PC Internet stuff.