Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: US Cellular to get the iphone in 2013

Feedback Score

US Cellular to get the iphone in 2013

I'm pretty excited to see this. Was going to preorder the S4, but kept forgetting, now I will certainly hold off for an iphone.

Posted on Macrumors.. (New account, I cannot post a link)

As part of its quarterly earnings release today, U.S. Cellular announced that it will begin carrying Apple products later this year, although the carrier offered no additional details on its plans.
    We have a number of strategies in progress to increase loyalty and attract more customers, including our announcement today that we will begin offering Apple products later this year. By further strengthening our device portfolio, we'll give consumers another great reason to switch to U.S. Cellular, and enable our existing customers to choose from an even wider variety of iconic smartphones, and enjoy the outstanding U.S. Cellular customer experiences they deserve. Our smartphone penetration is currently 43 percent of core market customers and growing quickly. We believe there will be strong, ongoing demand for smartphones and data products and services from our customers, and we have significant room for growth in this area.

Feedback Score
    Here you go:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/05/03/...ter-this-year/

Also:

http://9to5mac.com/2013/05/03/u-s-ce...ter-this-year/
    http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=12315

I also think this is very exciting news. I was thinking of jumping ship to StraightTalk due to no iPhone, but now I may wait and see what happens.

Phones
    Moto Crush
    Moto 323
    Moto V262
    Carrier
    USCC!
    Feedback Score
    Plus this:
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/03/u...ar-apple-2013/
    Looks for real finally

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Electrify
    Carrier
    US CELLULAR
    Feedback Score
    Be prepared to suffer with more changes and price increases.
    MOTOROLA Still #1 in reception and call clarity.

Carrier
    us cellular
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure apple had to drop what they were trying to charge us cellular for the iPhone. Apple must finally be realizing they're not as sought after as they used to be. I'll stick with my Samsung though...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using HowardForums
    fon frenzy

Phones
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Motorola Droid Razr
    HTC Desire (retired)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smiggly View Post
    I'm pretty excited to see this. Was going to preorder the S4, but kept forgetting, now I will certainly hold off for an iphone.

Posted on Macrumors.. (New account, I cannot post a link)

As part of its quarterly earnings release today, U.S. Cellular announced that it will begin carrying Apple products later this year, although the carrier offered no additional details on its plans.
    So what you're saying is you're going to hold out for a fragile, out dated, over priced, and boring device?

Carrier
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Maybe. I'm sure the Chicago sale helped raise a big chunk of the money needed.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using HowardForums

Phones
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Mogul
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vin_mitchell View Post
    I'm sure apple had to drop what they were trying to charge us cellular for the iPhone. Apple must finally be realizing they're not as sought after as they used to be.
    After yet another quarter of subscriber losses for USCC, I'm sure that Apple wasn't the one kowtowing during the negotiations...
    Thrill me...

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I, for one, am happy to hear about this. I was a USCC customer for 8+ years and jumped ship 2 years ago to get the iPhone with Verizon. I haven't been displeased at all with Verizon or the iPhone, but I have always wanted to go back to USCC...the plans were cheaper and I just liked being with USCC better than Verizon. I'm glad US Cellular got away from the notion that they don't need to offer the best products in the world so long as they have the best customer service. I am one of (I'm guessing) hundreds of thousands that have left USCC to get the iPhone. It's nice to see that they finally got the message and are getting off their high horse and joining the other carriers offering Apple products. Assuming plans are priced the same or less than Verizon, I will almost certainly be coming back to US Cellular next year.

Carrier
    us cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    After yet another quarter of subscriber losses for USCC, I'm sure that Apple wasn't the one kowtowing during the negotiations...
    Speaking of losses check out apples stock lately :-D

Phones
    Electify
    Desire
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    My wife and I have both wanted an iPhone for a year or so...just to try one out...but over the last couple months we have both lost interest. She has a Note 2 which she loves, I haven't used it extensively, but from what I have seen of it I'm impressed. I'm still using my original Electrify because it works...hard to justify spending money on a new phone when this one does its thing still...but the next phone I get will almost surely be the Note 2 or if motorola comes out with a decent bigger screen phone I would pick that up.

I think USCC and Apple missed the boat on this...not sure how much it is going to help either company...I do think they will sell a bunch...but I don't see then selling that many.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hoping this doesn't contribute to a painfully slow, congested (3G in particular) data network... one thing that up until now I thought I had escaped by coming over to USCC from Verizon.

Phones
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Mogul
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vin_mitchell View Post
    Speaking of losses check out apples stock lately :-D

Sure, right after you check out the ~$140 BILLION in cash that Apple is sitting on. :-D

No matter how you wish to spin it, there's simply no way that USCC with only 5 million subscribers was dictating terms to Apple.

Carrier
    us cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Sure, right after you check out the ~$140 BILLION in cash that Apple is sitting on. :-D

No matter how you wish to spin it, there's simply no way that USCC with only 5 million subscribers was dictating terms to Apple.
    Seems to me us cellular rejected apple 2 years ago?? Hmmmm....but as far as apple sitting on a lot of money I'd assume they're making money on their devices considering they charge more for theirs knowing certain people will actually pay more for for whatever reason. I'd give examples but you can price check their computers, phones and tablets and compare if you wish.

Samsung Galaxy SIV

Feedback Score
    That explains a lot of the customer unfriendly changes we have seen

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast