Thread: Headphones on Intensity III

Feedback Score

Headphones on Intensity III

I have a new company issued Samsung Intensity III and I can't find some information I need. Maybe someone with more experience with this phone can help me. I want to use the phone as an mp3 player but also be able to answer a call through the ear buds with an inline mic. I want to avoid the stock one piece units with cheap uncomfortable ear buds. I used to have an LG adapter for an LG phone that let me do just that. It was a mic and switch on a 2 foot cord into which I could plug my own ear buds. When a call came through, I'd get a beep in my ear and could press the button on the mic to pause the mp3 audio and answer the call. The only drawback was the extended cord length. That adapter is 2.5mm so I can't even test it with the Samsung's 3.5mm audio jack.

I found a couple adapters that I'm not yet permitted to link to. One claims to work with the phone but the ear buds plug into the mic so the overall cable is pretty long. Try Googling "E2082IINMG marttree". Another one (F8Z605cw) by Belkin has the headphone jack close to the phone plug and the mic follows the headphone cord and clips onto it part of the way up. That one looks like it's either discontinued or was never available in the U.S. except on ebay.

Before I start a trial and error approach and end up with a bunch of stuff that doesn't work, can anyone tell me if the Intensity 3 supports this kind of cable and does anyone know the pinout of the TRRS headphone jack on that phone?

Thanks!

Ray

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    It's best to pick up blue tooth stero headphones amazon has an Motorola for 40

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Feedback Score
    That's not a bad suggestion, but it's more like $50 with shipping and the reviews are mixed. More importantly, it means using new earbuds when I have wired earbuds I already know I like. I've got a couple options to try before I go for Bluetooth headphones. What I can't confirm is that the Intensity III will work with a generic wired remote mic/headphone or is that just assumed?

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    It will work just fine

Sent from my Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    I am using Xperia headphone for my SIII

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krafa View Post
    I am using Xperia headphone for my SIII
    How about that?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input. I ended up with two solutions I like. I found some really cheap Auvio pearl buds at Radio Shack that work very well for $10. They have an in-line mic that's pretty close to my mouth. I also found a Belkin adapter on ebay that has a plug with a jack attached and a mic on a separate cord that clips onto the headphone cord. It's like plugging the phones and mic into a Y adapter at the phone and running the two cords together up to your head. The good news is that it works and you can use any stereo earbuds with it. The bad news is that you have two cords to contend with. I imagine that's why they're obsolete now.

The last piece I still want is a right angle 4 conductor to 4 conductor 3.5mm adapter for where the headphones plug into the phone. Some headphones already have a right angle plug. The LG adapter I used before did. I've read that the headphone jack on some phones can be damaged if the straight plug of the headphones gets snagged and pulled to the side. I can see that. Seems like a right angle plug would reduce that risk.