Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Droid RAZR M/HD/MAXX HD with JellyBean on PagePlus - VOICE/SMS/MMS/3G WORKING

Phone
    Droid Razr M (XT907) Droid 4 (XT894)
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

HOWTO: Droid RAZR M/HD/MAXX HD with JellyBean on PagePlus - VOICE/SMS/MMS/3G WORKING

This step-by-step guide will help you flash your Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907) or Motorola Droid Razr HD/MAXX HD (XT926) running the latest stock version of Android - 4.1.2 (Jellybean!) to Page Plus Cellular with everything working (voice, SMS, MMS, and most importantly, stable 3G).

Disclaimer: This information is being shared for informational/educational purposes only. I am in NO way responsible if you brick/cripple your phone. This WILL void your warranty. This information is being provided with ZERO GUARANTEES. You have been warned.

Credits: snoop1979 & wardcst (for general OTA procedure), ZaYAC-ua & droidan (for getting NV_Only to stick), cellzealot, kbman, & whiterabbitorg (for assistance with M.IP unlock), mattlgroff (for Razr Utility), djrbliss (for root and bootloader unlock), monho (for working confirmation and modem driver on XT926), alluringreality (for PRL OTA fix), and everyone from this thread for sharing their work on this issue on and off for the last six months: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1967189 - especially: Wojei, coolbird, amrit50, neelhow, BlueNightSky

Equipment Needed:
    Droid Razr M (XT907), Droid Razr HD (XT926), or Droid Razr MAXX HD (XT926)
    A 3G Donor Phone
    USB cable (USB-Micro to USB-A - preferably the one that came with the phone)
    MS Windows 7 computer with a USB 2.0 port (Administrator access required)
    WiFi Internet access (for downloading apps from Market to phone prior to mobile data functioning)
    Note: A 4G SIM is NOT NEEDED for this process (in fact, inserting a SIM can interfere with the flash, so leave it out!)

Software Needed: (I recommend creating a new folder on your Desktop and store all of your flashing-related stuff there)
    General
    Motorola Drivers Version 5.9.0 https://www.box.com/s/q4p0cwic8oeebg1p0uf6
    RSD Lite https://www.box.com/s/qwi63ptnsks8e6ywodgj
    CDMA Tool DFS (free version) http://www.cdmatool.com/Download
    Verizon 53100 PRL (Only needed if you are having trouble with OTA on step 9) https://www.box.com/s/ft9nsf8xuwno5krngt1z

Razr M Only
    Droid Razr M Utility Version 1.20 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2249773
    Droid Razr M 4.0.4 (ICS) Modem Driver https://www.box.com/s/gd4llwjjmw2cj73x7cpk

Razr HD/Razr MAXX HD Only
    Droid Razr HD Utility Version 1.21 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2307439
    Droid Razr HD 4.0.4 (ICS) Modem Driver https://www.box.com/s/hi7pdt5vyynuxe7if5r0

Phone Apps Needed:(Download from Market on step 5)
    SQLite Editor ($2.99) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qleditor&hl=en
    build.prop Editor (Free) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...9wLmVkaXRvciJd
    Root Checker (Free) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...90Y2hlY2tlciJd

Things to consider before starting:

The three-finger salute: You will regularly need to access the phone's boot menu during this process. To do this, you need to learn how to do the "three-finger salute". With the phone off, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time. Personally, I find it easiest to hold the phone in landscape position with both hands and the screen facing me, then press Power and VolUp with my left ring and index fingers, and VolDown with my right index finger. After holding all of these buttons down simultaneously for a second or two, the boot menu should appear. To navigate the boot menu, use VolDown. To select an item, use VolUp.

Donor Phone: A donor phone is required for 3G data. Many makes/models will work for this task, so I cannot list which phones will work and which ones won’t. In order to work as a donor, the phone must: 1) be capable of full activation via OTA dial out (most 3G smartphones are capable), and 2) the MEID value must be editable (this is the tricky part) – some models of HTC and Samsung phones work. Motorolas generally do not.

Some people have been able to get 1X data working without a donor, but I do not currently have a working method for it. If someone enlightens me, I will gladly update this post. Forum rules prohibit me from fully documenting the donor process, so you will need to use your Google skills if you are not already familiar with it. The basic idea involves transplanting certain properties from the Razr into your donor phone temporarily, activating the donor (which generates the 3G keys based on your phone number and MEID of the Razr), and then extracting those keys for use in the Razr. For the sake of this guide, I will assume that you know how to do this already. If you don't have a donor phone available, PM me and I can generate your keys for you using my donor once you have completed step 9.

Pre-Flash Tasks:

-Charge your battery. You do not want to try this process when running on low batt or bad things can happen.
    -Back up your data from your SD card or remove it from the phone to prevent it from accidentally getting formatted during the flashing process.
    -Write down your MEID from your old phone (if applicable) and new phone. You will need this information when doing the ESN Change with PPC. Go to Settings -> About phone -> Status and make note of IMEI (aka MEID). It should be a 15 digit number. Drop the last digit when giving this information to PPC (only give them the first 14 digits). This information is also available on the label that was originally attached to the back of the Razr or maybe on the box as well.
    -Install Motorola drivers, RSD Lite, and DFS (you'll have to create a free account for DFS).
    -Unzip/Unrar the Razr Utility and ICS Modem Driver files.
    -Install the Diagnostic Interface driver on your PC. If you happen to be on a 32-bit system, you can use the 5.9.1 Pre-release drivers here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1891582. There are currently no packaged Pre-release drivers for 64-bit operating systems. Luckily, if you are on a 64-bit OS (most people are nowadays), Windows 7 has a driver built in for the diagnostic interface (which is the only one we need anyway). To install the diagnostic interface driver:
    1) With the phone off, do the three-finger salute and boot into BP Tools mode (looks just like normal boot).
    2) Now connect phone to PC via USB cable. If you are on Win7 x64 like me, Windows should find 4 new devices but won't have the drivers to install any of them. If prompted to install anything by Windows, (i.e., Add New Hardware Wizard, etc) cancel out of it.
    3) Click 'Start' -> right click on 'Computer' and choose 'Properties'. Click on 'Device Manager' on the left. Here you should see 4 items from the phone that are missing a driver (they will have a yellow question mark next to them).
    4) One of the items with a question mark should be labeled something similar to "QC Interface" (NOT the NMEA interface). Right click on it and choose Update Driver Software. Now choose Browse my computer for driver software -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Show all devices -> Motorola -> Motorola QC Diag Port. Finish running through the wizard and it should install the correct driver. After installed, it should show the COM Port # that the diagnostic interface is installed on under the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section of Device Manager. Make note of the COM Port #, you will need it later for DFS.

ESN Change and Retrieving MDN, MIN, and SID:

Either before starting or just before step 8, (if you are trying to minimize downtime on your old phone) you will need to contact Page Plus and have them do an ESN Change as well as give you some information we'll need for manual NAM programming. The ESN change associates your new phone's MEID with your phone number. Voice, text, and cellular data on your old phone will stop working at this point.

You can either call PPC directly, have a dealer do it (which costs $$), or do it through PPC web chat, which is my preferred method. It is easy to mess up a single digit in these long numbers if you are reading it to someone over the phone, so doing it online makes it less prone to errors. Go to https://www.pagepluscellular.com/support.aspx and choose Live Chat. You need an account on their website to access chat. It's the same account you use to manage your account, add PINs, etc. Copy and paste this into the chat window once an operator has responded:

"Hello, I need to do an ESN change to a new device. My phone number is: XXX-XXX-XXXX My old MEID is: YYYYYYYYYYYYYY My new MEID is: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Please also provide my MDN, MIN, and SID."

They will probably respond with something like "Verizon 4G LTE devices (with MEIDs starting 990000) are not compatible with our system. They are able to be activated by dropping the last digit of the IMEI (99000) but they are not able to be programmed with OTA (*22890 or *228) and unable to be manually programmed. Unfortunately, there is not much we know to get these devices working at this time. Do you want me to use this device anyway?" Say "Okay", and they will complete the ESN change for you. Don't forget to have them give you your MDN, MIN, and SID. In my experience, MDN and MIN are usually my 10-digit phone number, but for some people, only the MDN will be your phone number and the MIN will be a different number. Your SID will depend on your geographic location. We should only need your MDN, but it is good to have all three numbers just in case.

Flashing Tasks:

Ready to start? Let's go!

1) Format Data and Cache. With the phone off, do the three-finger salute and put the phone into Recovery mode. (The next steps will be slightly different if you have already flashed a custom recovery) Once you see the Android logo with an exclamation mark on the screen, hold VolDown and then press and hold VolUp for 1-2 seconds, then release. The recovery menu should appear. Use VolUp and VolDown keys to navigate and the Power button to make a selection. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". After that is done, choose "wipe cache partition". After that is done, choose "reboot system now". Since we are going into fastboot mode next, it is easiest to try to get into the boot menu as soon as you choose the "reboot system now" option. To do this, hold down VolUp + VolDown immediately after choosing "reboot system now". If successful, you will get the boot menu and you should go into AP Fastboot for step 2. If not, don't worry, you will just need to wait for the phone to boot (which takes a few minutes since it is the first boot following a wipe). Once the phone boots to the activation screen, power it off and continue.

2) Flash the phone to Android 4.1.2. If not already in AP Fastboot mode, do the three-finger salute and put the phone into AP Fastboot mode. Connect it to the PC via USB. Open the folder where you unzipped the Razr Utility and run the "WindowsUtility.bat" file. Choose option 1. This will take a few minutes to run and then your phone will reboot. Bootup will take longer than normal since this is the initial boot.

3) Bypass the activation screen. After the phone boots, you should be facing an activation screen. Tap the four corners of the screen in this order: Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Right, Bottom Left. This takes some finesse and you might have to try like 50 times before you get it. See this video for a demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDYN0iWp_4 Go through the rest of the setup wizard and connect to your WiFi and add your Google account. When you're finished, it will take you to your home screen. During the next few steps, you may occasionally get screens popping up warning that a SIM needs to be inserted in order to activate. Simply bypass/ignore these messages for now.

4) Flash the ICS Modem Driver. This step is required to stop NV_Only from reverting later. First, verify current modem version. Go to Settings -> About phone and look at Baseband version. It should be the following version:

Razr M: SM_BP_101031.027.32.81P
    Razr HD/Razr MAXX HD: VANQUISH_BP_100730.081.64.09P

We are going to backrev/downgrade to the modem driver that shipped with ICS. Now, power off the phone and do the three-finger salute and put the phone into AP Fastboot mode again. Launch RSD Lite and double-click on the phone (it should be listed on the first line - Port 1). Now click on the "..." button and choose the appropriate file:

Razr M: X907_Modem_SM_BP_1139.000.32.12P.xml
    Razr HD/Razr MAXX HD: VZW_XT926_4.0.4 modem.xml

Now click Start. After flashing, the phone will reboot. Check Baseband version again. It should now be the following version:

Razr M: SM_BP_1139.000.32.12P
    Razr HD/Razr MAXX HD: VANQUISH_BP_1045.711.53.20P

5) Install Apps. Go to the Market (Google Play Store) and install the following apps: SQLite Editor, build.prop Editor, Root Checker. Shut off WiFi when finished.

6) Root Phone. Go to Settings -> Developer Options. Turn the slider in the top right corner to ON. Now put a checkmark in the USB debugging box. Connect to the PC via USB and open the folder where you unzipped the Razr Utility and run the "WindowsUtility.bat" file. Now choose option 5 and proceed. This will run the Motochopper exploit and gain root. Afterwards, the phone will reboot. Now run the Root Checker app on the phone and hit the 'Check' button. Grant it root access when prompted. Status should show as 'Rooted'. If it fails, do not continue - you missed something, so go back and try again.

7) Set NV_Only mode. This step allows the phone to store and access programming information on internal memory instead of the SIM card (since we can't use LTE, no SIM). Launch the SQLite Editor app. Grant it root access when prompted. Click on the "Files" section at the top. Navigate to the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases folder. Choose settings.db. Choose secure. Find #13 subscription_mode and change its value from 0 to 1.

8) Disable LTE. This will disable LTE so the phone will try to activate over the air instead of via the SIM. First, do the ESN Change with PagePlus as noted above if you haven't done so already. Now launch the build.prop Editor app. Grant it root access when prompted. Scroll down to the last entry; telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice. Change its Default Value from 1 to 0. Save and reboot when prompted.

9) Activate OTA. Upon reboot, the phone will now tell you that it needs to make a call to Activate. Allow it to do so. After you hear "Welcome to Verizon Wireless Programming", hit the 1 key. After 30-60 seconds of horrible music playing, the programming will complete and you should get a message on the phone indicating that it was successful. You should be able to make and receive calls now. Now wait 5 minutes or so without rebooting (or the programming may not stick). Next go back into build.prop Editor and set telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice Default Value back to 1 and reboot when prompted.

NOTE: If the activation prompt isn’t appearing, or if the phone isn’t dialing out while attempting to activate, your phone may be associated with a non-Verizon tower (causing OTA to fail). In this case, you need to flash a Verizon PRL first and then the phone should activate. Not everyone needs to do this, it depends on your geographic location. Only flash a PRL if the activation on step 9 is unsuccessful.

To flash a PRL, boot back into BP Tools mode, and connect to the phone with DFS (use instructions from the first part of step 10 if you are unsure of how to do this). Once you have sent the SPC unlock 000000, navigate to the ‘Programming’ tab and then the ‘NAM’ subtab. On the right side of the window under ‘PRL’, click ‘Load’, select the 53100.prl file (a download link is in the software section), and then choose ‘Write’. You will see a bunch of PRL write events in the log. Once it is complete, disconnect the phone from USB and reboot it. After the phone boots back up, you should get an activation prompt and you can continue from step 9.

10) Manual NAM programming. This will allow for mobile data access, since most but not everything is automatically programmed during OTA activation. Now is the time to generate your keys using a donor phone. (Some people have reported their keys changing during step 9, so you should make sure to generate your keys after completing step 9 to avoid having to generate them twice). PM me if you would like me to generate your keys for you using my donor.

Power off the phone and do the three-finger salute and put the phone into BP Tools mode. Connect it to the PC via USB. Open DFS and click the 'Ports' button in the top left. Double-click the 'Motorola QC Diag Port' in the main window and then double click "Motorola QC Diag Port" again under 'Devices Online' at the bottom.

Make sure the "plug" icon (right next to the ports button) is green now, indicating that DFS is connected to the phone. Click the 'Log' button in the top right to make the log window visable. Now click the 'SPC' button, which will send 000000 (default SPC lock password on the XT907/XT926) to the phone to unlock it. The log should indicate that the device is now unlocked.

Click on the 'Programming' tab, and then click on the 'General' subtab. Click the 'Read' button in the 'Config' section. It should show NV_Only for 'Ruim Config'. If it says RUIM_Only, you skipped a step and need to go back before proceeding.

NOTE: When reading the Data and Mobile IP subtabs, it is normal to see errors in the DFS log. Many of the NV items in this section are write-only, so errors are generated when attempting to read them. Ignore them.

Now click on the 'Data' subtab and click the 'Read' button. You will need your MDN here that PPC customer support gave you previously.

Under 'PAP UID', input MDN@vzw3g.com
    Under 'PPP SIP NAI', input MDN@dun.vzw3g.com
    Under 'PPP UID', input MDN@vzw3g.com
    Under 'PPP Pwd', check the box and input the PPP key in hex format from your donor phone
    Under 'HDR AN NAI', input MDN@vzw3g.com
    Under 'HDR AN Pwd', check the box and input the HDR key in hex format from your donor phone
    Under 'HDR AN LONG UID', input MDN@vzw3g.com
    Under 'HDR AN Long Pwd', check the box and input the HDR key in hex format from your donor phone
    Check the box at the bottom that says 'Authentication require password encryption'
    Change 'HDR SCP force AT config' to 'RevA_MFPA'
    Click the 'Write' button

Now click the 'Mobile IP' subtab and click the 'Read' button.

Starting in the right pane:
    In the 'NAI' box, input MDN@vzw3g.com
    Set 'Home Address' to 0.0.0.0
    Set 'Prim HA Address' and 'Sec HA Address' to 255.255.255.255
    Check the 'MN HA SPI set' box and set the value to 300
    Check the 'MN AAA SPI set' box and set the value to 2
    Check the 'Reverse Tunneling Pref' box
    Under 'AAA Shared Secret', check the box and input the AAA key in hex format from your donor phone
    Under 'HA Shared Secret', check the box and input the HA key in hex format from your donor phone
    In the 'RM NAI' box, input MDN@dun.vzw3g.com
    Set 'DMU PKOID' to 10
    Click the 'Write current profile settings' button

In the left pane:
    Change 'DS QcMIP' dropdown to PrefMobileIP
    Set 'Active profile' to 0
    Set 'Number of profiles' to 1
    Set 'Retries count' to 2
    Set 'Pre-reg timeout' to 30
    Set 'Retries interval' to ms1750
    Check the '2002 BIS MN HA AUTH' box
    Check the 'Dormant handoff' box
    Uncheck the 'RRQ IF traffic' box
    Under the 'Profile' column, right click on the logo next to the top radio button (red minus sign) and choose 'Enable'. It should change to a green checkmark. Click the 'Write' button.

NOTE: Some people have reported that the Profile button appears as a question mark instead of a red minus sign, and that you can’t right click on it to enable it. I’m not sure why this happens, possibly because of an update in DFS. If this happens to you, simply ignore the ‘Profile’ column and move on with pressing the ‘Write’ button. Make sure to write each pane only once. If you need to write it a second time, make sure you are not writing blank values to the phone (sometimes the fields go blank - especially if you do reads in between, so if you’re not careful you can write blank values back to the phone).

Now reboot the phone and let it sit for at least a few minutes. You may see 3G start up immediately after the boot and then revert to 1X. Give it some time and you should have solid 3G shortly.

11) Finish up. Power down your phone and reinstall your SD Card.

12) Other considerations.

Bootloader Unlock: Unlocking the bootloader is not required for this process, but I am including it in the guide because now is an easy time to do it. Unlocking the bootloader allows you to flash a custom recovery, which can then be used to make nandroid backups (which I highly recommend). Additionally, most new ROMS are no longer supporting SafeStrap, so an unlocked bootloader is required to run a custom ROM in most cases. Be advised that unlocking the bootloader cannot be reversed and it will replace the "Red M" bootloader logo with an ugly warning screen (which CAN easily be changed later - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1901444) To unlock the bootloader, boot the phone normally (with USB Debugging enabled) and connect to the PC via USB. Launch the Razr Utility and choose option 6, then follow the prompts. To flash a custom recovery, boot the phone normally after unlocking the bootloader (ensure USB Debugging is still enabled) and connect to the PC via USB. Launch the Razr Utility and choose option 3 or 4, depending on your preference. I use TWRP, but both recoveries work well.

FOTA Updates: I would recommend avoiding any FOTA (firmware over-the-air) updates that may become available in the future, as they will likely reset the NV_only patch and break the flash. I will experiment with this when the time comes and try to find a way to incorporate future updates as they roll out, but I wouldn't recommend applying new updates immediately unless you're feeling frisky. Removing/freezing some of the bloat VZW apps on the phone (Amazon, NFL Mobile, Slacker Radio, etc) should prevent future updates from applying since the update checks for the presence of those apps before running. For this purpose, I highly recommend App Quarantine (Free) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arantine&hl=en) Usage of App Quarantine is a piece of cake since your phone is already rooted! There is also an app out there called FOTA Kill that will block future OTA firmware updates, however I have no experience with this. Preventing FOTA updates is definitely recommended since they have been known to run on their own (even though it is supposed to wait until you agree to the popup message).

Custom ROMs: I have not experimented with custom ROMs at all on the Razr so I can't say for sure, but user monho reported that he was able to flash a custom ROM without breaking the PPC flash. It depends on the ROM, so flash at your own risk. Some ROMs may only partially break flash by loading a newer modem driver, which will undo NV_Only. In this case, the programming data is preserved but the phone is looking for it on a SIM instead of NVRAM. Simply re- flash the 4.0.4 modem driver and then set subscription_mode back to 1 in SQLite Editor and you should be good. If you want to run a custom ROM, I recommend loading the ROM first and then trying these instructions, however there are no guarantees.

13) Donate. I spent A RIDICULOUS amount of time getting this to work, as well as about $125 on software and SIM cards. Then, I put in even extra effort so that this method works using FREE TOOLS so that YOU don't have to spend $108 on the full version of CDMA Workshop. After that, I spent a bunch more time on this detailed writeup, screenshots, and software hosting so that everything would hopefully be clear and as easy to follow as possible. I could have kept this method to myself so I could charge people for my flashing services, but I instead decided that this should be common knowledge.

If you used these steps to flash your phone, why not donate some bucks and buy me a beer (or two!):

Last edited by icebook; 07-01-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: text change at OP request

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Reserved...

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for this! I will be trying to get 3g and mms working soon.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Really nice writeup. This is very clear compared to trying to piece things together. I've never flashed a phone, but from my reading I would probably disable the Android updater at the end if I spent all the time doing that. I'm not familiar with what exactly changes with Android updates, yet I'd guess a future update could cause the phone to lose NV only for it to stop working.

Over the weekend I tried to figure out the process previously reported for the Electrify M activation. The Electrify M is a similar phone, yet it lacks Verizon LTE if that ever happens, and it doesn't have as much community support. I ran across a thread where an update soft bricked an Electrify M, which wasn't exactly encouraging considering the number of people unsuccessfully trying to fix it, especially since the Electrify M lacks tools like the Droid Razr M Utility to help newbies like myself. I didn't save the post, but I think the Electrify M is generally similar to the process listed here. Step 4 and 10 are reportedly not needed for the Electrify M, a Verizon PRL needs to be put on the Electrify M before programming, and a few other things might be slightly different, since they're different phones. I don't think I care enough about cellular data to do everything involved with step 10, but still, really good post.
    Last edited by alluringreality; 05-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    FYI - those of you whose MIN and MDN are not the same, they are reversed in the original instructions.

Feedback Score
    great post I'm getting ready to do it now

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Phones
    RAZR HD
    RAZR HD
    RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nice guide. If the phone successfully OTA activates there is no need for 3G donor (as far as my discoveries go) not sure why is that needed here, I've done it booth way's.
    1 Make the phone OTA activate
    2 Clone ESN and activate other 3G phone then export nam and 10key with CDMA and flash on destination phone.
    Is either or but not booth, anyways thanks for your guide just wanted to share my thoughts.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    alluringreality, you can block OTA firmware updates either by removing/freezing some of the bloat VZW apps on the phone (Amazon, LetsGolf, NFLmobile, etc). Since the update checks for the presence of those apps before applying, it will not update. There is also an app out there called FOTA Kill that will block future OTA firmware updates. I'll be sure to add a note about this to the main post. Razr M process isn't too difficult once you have your keys (PM me if you don't have a donor and I'll get them for you).

Lottjam1, thanks for the heads up about getting MIN/MDN mixed up. My MIN and MDN values were the same so I couldn't tell during the writeup that I had them reversed. I actually discovered after looking into it further that everything in step 10 should use MDN, so I will update the first post. Thanks for your help on that and enjoy your keys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by snoop1979 View Post
    Nice guide. If the phone successfully OTA activates there is no need for 3G donor (as far as my discoveries go) not sure why is that needed here, I've done it booth way's.
    1 Make the phone OTA activate
    2 Clone ESN and activate other 3G phone then export nam and 10key with CDMA and flash on destination phone.
    Is either or but not booth, anyways thanks for your guide just wanted to share my thoughts.
    Snoop, thanks for the input. I didn't have any luck getting 3G or even 1X after OTA alone. I suppose I could have gone with #2 and detailed how to program the other NAM settings and bypassed the OTA step altogether, but this hybrid method just ended up being the way I chose to do it and it works well.
    Last edited by tehjolly81; 05-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    I have unlocked GSM on my RAZR M using the NV 8322 edit. Up until now I had been using my AT&T SIM in this phone while I finished out my contract (4 more weeks until I'm free of AT&T!). I had previously OTA'd and had PP voice/text (no data or mms), and could switch between PP or AT&T simply by leaving my AT&T SIM in the slot and selecting "LTE/CDMA" or "GSM/UMTS" in "Network Mode". After making the M.IP updates from step 10 I lost my AT&T data access when I have GSM/UMTS mode selected, although voice/data do work. Is it possible to have data access for both AT&T/PP when switching between providers, or do I just need to wait for my AT&T contract to expire and then make the M.IP changes permanent for PP? Thanks.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lottjam1 View Post
    I have unlocked GSM on my RAZR M using the NV 8322 edit. Up until now I had been using my AT&T SIM in this phone while I finished out my contract (4 more weeks until I'm free of AT&T!). I had previously OTA'd and had PP voice/text (no data or mms), and could switch between PP or AT&T simply by leaving my AT&T SIM in the slot and selecting "LTE/CDMA" or "GSM/UMTS" in "Network Mode". After making the M.IP updates from step 10 I lost my AT&T data access when I have GSM/UMTS mode selected, although voice/data do work. Is it possible to have data access for both AT&T/PP when switching between providers, or do I just need to wait for my AT&T contract to expire and then make the M.IP changes permanent for PP? Thanks.
    I don't know for sure, I would imagine that mobile IP information for GSM is pulled from the SIM, but obviously it must look at NV memory since the changes you made caused you to lose your AT&T data. You could try reactivating off of your SIM (*22891 or whatever the process is for ATT) I've never owned a GSM phone, so I'm just guessing.

You may also want to try changing "HDR SCP force AT config" on the Programming->Data tab in DFS back to whatever it was previously (I'm assuming RevA_EHRPD)

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tehjolly81 View Post
    You may also want to try changing "HDR SCP force AT config" on the Programming->Data tab in DFS back to whatever it was previously (I'm assuming RevA_EHRPD)
    Now that I think about it, try this first. Forcing it to RevA_MFPA like we do in Step 10 is basically locking the phone to EVDO Rev. A, which you're not going to get on AT&T, which would be why your data isn't working. Using EHRPD again should open up LTE and possibly UMTS.

Feedback Score
    im not sure why but when i activate it keeps saying welcome to alltel? if i try *22800 or 801 it says i need a sim to activate, what should i do?

Feedback Score
    I've had similar issue where when activating it doesn't always go to Verizon. I seemed to have success manually dialing out to *22890. Sometimes it took a few tries before it connected to Verizon instead of some other provider.

Phone
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I agree, try again multiple times. If that doesn't work, try activating in a different physical location, like at work instead of home so you are on a different tower. VZW acquired Alltel a while back, so they are on the same network.

Your SID could also be incorrect but I have no idea why. You could try scanning the phone in BP Tools mode with DFS to find the SID and then ask PPC customer support what your SID should be and make sure they match. If you've done a cache/data wipe and a fresh flash from fastboot, I don't think any old information would survive though.

Did you try OTA activation through the Alltel menu? It should be option #1 just like on VZW.

Feedback Score
    i will check the sid and yes i got this phone a few days ago and wiped it a few times, if all else fails i will esn swap back to my old phone and try again tomorrow

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast