Thread: Net10 Huawei Glory and Huawei Ascend Plus now available.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score

Net10 Huawei Glory and Huawei Ascend Plus now available.

Phone
    BlackBerry 10, Android,
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AIO
    Feedback Score
    Looks like they are on Verizon.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I'd be all over these phones if America Movil didn't restrict youtube viewing...

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indyrunr89 View Post
    I'd be all over these phones if America Movil didn't restrict youtube viewing...
    Do they? Not on their androids they don't. It comes with a native YouTube App. All androids do. Maybe their features phones where they can control more of the software they can block streaming services but not on their androids.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using HowardForums

Phones
    401G
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I have stated on here several times in the past couple of months my experience with Verizon ST. Tried it two separate times over several months. The service worked great until I watched 3 minutes of youtube. Service slowed to a crawl and stayed that way for over a week. Youtube would play 10 seconds then buffer, 10 seconds then buffer, etc...Seemed to recover download speed as the days went by. However I ended up returning both phones while I could.

If anyone can share their experience with Verizon ST and youtube, I'd like to hear it. I have friends with ST but they don't care to watch youtube. It could be my area, but who knows? Download speeds around 1.5 mb to 2 mb, plenty fast for youtube.

Feedback Score
    I have stated on here several times in the past couple of months my experience with Verizon ST. Tried it two separate times over several months. The service worked great until I watched 3 minutes of youtube. Service slowed to a crawl and stayed that way for over a week. Youtube would play 10 seconds then buffer, 10 seconds then buffer, etc...Seemed to recover download speed as the days went by. However I ended up returning both phones while I could. If anyone can share their experience with Verizon ST and youtube, I'd like to hear it. I have friends with ST but they don't care to watch youtube. It could be my area, but who knows? Download speeds around 1.5 mb to 2 mb, plenty fast for youtube.
    Anyone who wants to answer, please post it in the Straight Talk forum where it belongs. This is the Net10 forum.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by annepani View Post
    Anyone who wants to answer, please post it in the Straight Talk forum where it belongs. This is the Net10 forum.

Net10 and Straight Talk are sister companies which use the name networks. Net10 Verizon and ST Verizon aren't going to act differently. This is a Net10 Topic. I can answer his question just fine.

When I had the Proclaim on Net10, which is the same as the proclaim on ST mind you not, I returned it. Yeah Verizon 3G isn't the fastest with real world speed capable of reaching 1-3Mbps down, in actuality, I never could get more than 1Mbps down and I live in a heavily blanketed 3G and LTE market so it wasn't due to over populated networks as most folks around here are on LTE by now.

I could not watch a YouTube video from the start without the same buffering issue. And 90% of my post paid Verizon friends suffer the same issue. Its not a YouTube throttle issue. Verizon 3G is old technology and just plain sucks. Its got good coverage but its in the stone age as far as data speed capability goes. That's why Verizon was so quick to push their LTE network out. It was their 3G upgrade as it runs on GSM and provides way better network performance or they were gonna start failing pretty bad in network rank while AT&T and T-Mobile were boasting their HSDPA+ "4G" networks which is just incredibly enhanced 3G, but it still left Verizon's 3G in the dust.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using HowardForums

Phones
    401G
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin.kelley View Post
    I could not watch a YouTube video from the start without the same buffering issue. And 90% of my post paid Verizon friends suffer the same issue. Its not a YouTube throttle issue. Verizon 3G is old technology and just plain sucks. Its got good coverage but its in the stone age as far as data speed capability goes.
    I appreciate your feedback ben-kelley. I forgot to mention one other caveat: I ran the Ookla Speedtest on my Ascend Y four times over a 48 hour period. By the third & 4th time the download speed was under 150k! It dropped with each test. I still believe it is because the speedtest uses quite a large chunk of data to complete and somehow I got throttled. Just like streaming.

Yesterday I also got a private message from a ST employee lurking around here. She advised me that streaming content is a violation of their policy. No kidding, that is why I left ST...

We are free to make our own informed choices. I know what I think is happening and shared it. Now I will shut up...

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    use wifi to stream youtube
    ~Nikky~

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I appreciate your feedback ben-kelley. I forgot to mention one other caveat: I ran the Ookla Speedtest on my Ascend Y four times over a 48 hour period. By the third & 4th time the download speed was under 150k! It dropped with each test. I still believe it is because the speedtest uses quite a large chunk of data to complete and somehow I got throttled. Just like streaming.

Yesterday I also got a private message from a ST employee lurking around here. She advised me that streaming content is a violation of their policy. No kidding, that is why I left ST...

We are free to make our own informed choices. I know what I think is happening and shared it. Now I will shut up...
    The speed test app does use quite a bit of data. About 20-30MB per run some have said. So you probably used 100+mb running 3-4+ speed test.

And that much data in that short of time might have flagged your account for throttling. But who knows, onoy based on speculations, nobody really knows how their systems work with determining data abuse.

Until an official statement is released, its only our best guess.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using The HowardForums.com App mobile app