Thread: Reoccurring tasks in Blackberry 10 (more specifically Blackberry Q10)

Phones
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Rogers SonyEricsson c510 (unlocked)
    Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB (unlocked)
    Carrier
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Reoccurring tasks in Blackberry 10 (more specifically Blackberry Q10)

I got my Blackberry Q10 about 1 week ago and I manually created all my accounts as opposed to using Blackberry Desktop from my Blackberry Bold 9700 to my Blackberry Q10.

I have gotten my e-mail accounts working without any issues as well as my contacts and calendar (as well as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn).

On my Blackberry 9700, I have a lot of reoccurring tasks with specified due dates which re-occur every x number of months, weeks, or days.

From what I gather, on Blackberry 10, the Reminder application is supposed to replace the Tasks but when using the Reminder application, I can set a due date for the task but I can't seem to find a way to make it re-occur every x days/weeks/months. Am I missing anything?

Because I saw that my Blackberry Hub can be set up to synchronize with Evernote, I created an Evernote account but there isn't any re-occuring notes/tasks there either.

Any ideas?
    Fido (monthly plan - personal/data): Novatel Wireless MC950D or Nokia CS-18

Fido (monthly): ZTE WF720 Wireless Home Phone

Rogers (pay as you go - Canadian prepaid): OnePlus One

Rogers (monthly BIS data plan): Blackberry Q10 <- CANCELLED over Dispute

Lycamobile (US prepaid): Sony-Ericsson c510 or Sony-Ericsson w300i

T-Mobile (US prepaid): unlocked Fido iPhone 3GS 32GB or LG Nexus-4

Bell (tablet plan): Rogers unlocked Blackberry Q10

My Tech Blog

Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    On my Z10 (not Q10 but should be the same), I just use the calendar for recurring tasks/events, not the remember app.

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcomputin View Post
    On my Z10 (not Q10 but should be the same), I just use the calendar for recurring tasks/events, not the remember app.
    Thanks. However, unless I'm missing something, the recurring calendar event isn't really a task since I can't check it off as being completed like I was able to do with the Task list on my old Blackberry Bold 9700 running OS 6.0.

Anyone know of any Blackberry OS 10 third party apps that will do what I want?

Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    Take a look at this. It's not free, but may be what you're looking for.

http://slicktasks.com/blackberry10

Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Q10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

I haven't played around with task management on the device too much yet, but what I've seen I'm not impressed either. Maybe I'm missing something, but the functionality seems to be really lacking.

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Q10: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

I haven't played around with task management on the device too much yet, but what I've seen I'm not impressed either. Maybe I'm missing something, but the functionality seems to be really lacking.
    You're not missing anything! You're right on the money on this. MyTasks on legacy BB was my favorite.

Abcomputin is also on the money with alternatives in BBWorld; instead he linked to the creators site - self advertising maybe lol.

@Abcomputin,

In the future link to a BBWorld for a suggested app, especially if you participated in making the app or work at the company that did. You'll have better metrics from those that look at your app vs those looking at your website (external to BBworld) and higher chances of someone downloading the app and quickly providing feedback.

Personally I hate the layout of that app (the soft colours don't appeal to me in terms of priority). A Task app is something I'd like to create but in terms of a GTD (which this app seems to try to do). There are many others out there foro BB10 that are free so take a look. Cheers, and thanks for the suggestion (I just may try it out).
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Phones
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Take a look at this. It's not free, but may be what you're looking for.

http://slicktasks.com/blackberry10
    Thanks. It looks promising. I'll try to find a free app before purchasing it. Too bad there isn't a free evaluation version of it since I don't want to purchase something that doesn't do what I want.

Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    You're welcome lmcjipo. The only reason I pointed to the link that I did was that the other's ratings didn't look very good and the screen shots there were better than on bbworld.

Supa_fly, why would you think I was associated with the company making this app? I already said what I use in place of the task manager, which is the calendar.

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You're welcome lmcjipo. The only reason I pointed to the link that I did was that the other's ratings didn't look very good and the screen shots there were better than on bbworld.

Supa_fly, why would you think I was associated with the company making this app? I already said what I use in place of the task manager, which is the calendar.
    I must've missed that, apologies. Are you entering the recurring tasks as Calendar entries directly on your Z10, or from the Calendar service source?

Phones
    z10
    Torch 9800
    Bold 9000
    Carrier
    at&t / cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm just entering the calendar entries directly on the z10. This works for me, but it looks like many users will need the additional features of one of the aftermarket apps.