Thread: Cannot close music player on LG 840g

Feedback Score

Cannot close music player on LG 840g

Somehow I must have activated the music player on my LG 840 (I don't have any songs on the phone). Now I cannot get rid of the music player from the opening screen. There is no way to minimize or close it that I can see.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the darn thing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lancepj View Post
    Somehow I must have activated the music player on my LG 840 (I don't have any songs on the phone). Now I cannot get rid of the music player from the opening screen. There is no way to minimize or close it that I can see.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the darn thing?
    I hope you're not still stuck with the music player. For those with the same issue: in the top right of the music player screen is the menu button. Scroll to the bottom of the menu for Exit. Or use the Close button on the bottom of the phone (the one on the right).

To minimize the player so you can continue to play music and open other screens on your phone: on the full-screen view of the player tap the minimize icon just below the minimize button. To restore to full screen, tap the scrolling song title. If you tap the Close button, the player will exit.

Feedback Score
    I'm having this same issue too. The response to fix the problem says "in the top right of the music player screen is the menu button. Scroll to the bottom of the menu for Exit. Or use the Close button on the bottom of the phone (the one on the right)."
    On my music player screen, I don't see a menu button. Here's what I see: From upper left of screen on down - "3G" with the bars indicating signal strength. Then, moving right, what looks like a WiFi icon, then a music note, I guess indicating the music player is open, then battery charge indicator, then time of day. Moving down, the blue button with the 'return' curved arrow, then another blue button saying "All Songs" then moving down, a gray button labeled "Now Playing", then to the right of that is another gray button labeled "Shuffle" the to the right of that another gray button labeled "A-Z" with a drop down arrow. Then below that, a large white area that says "No Items". So where is the "Menu" button, or is this not the music player screen? When I press the very most lower right button on the phone, it takes me to my home screen, it doesn't close the player. When I slide my finger across the screen, it goes from "contacts" to "Widgets" to "Shortcut". When it's on "Widget" I see the what appears to be the music player, (dark gray bars with rewind, play, stop & FF buttons. Just above these buttons is what looks like a skinny "Post-It" note that I can make longer or shorter if I slide my finger over it. Is this part of the music player or some other application that I've opened and can't close? Thanks for any help you might have.

Feedback Score
    I opened the Music Player. Then I closed it by touching the curved arrow, either the blue one or the one on the bottom panel. There is no indication of any widget unless I specifically add it to the widget screen. It doesn't mean that the music player is still active. It is just a shortcut type of thing. To get rid of it from the widget screen, touch the up triangle in the lower right corner. Then drag the player onto the bottom row of stuff. Then touch the triangle again. Voila widget gone. If you want to access the music player now, you will have to use the regular app screen. The music note that is between the WiFi logo and the battery logo is just an indicator that the phone's ringer is turned on.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The music player can be accessed from the drop down notifications drawer, accessed by tapping a black area of the upper black notifications bar of the home screen.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/t...e=en_US&search