Thread: Stopped getting SMS on my F-02D but able to send on AT&T

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Stopped getting SMS on my F-02D but able to send on AT&T

I have a Fujitsu F-02D and when I insert my SIM card, I can send and receive SMS messages without any problems. But after a day or two, I'm only able to send SMS but unable to receive. Can anyone help please?

Device(s)
    Softbank 007SH
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They have this thing where the system automatically detects what type of phone you have. If you use iPhone or Android with data plan ,that system will automatically charge you money for using a smartphone regardless of what plan you want.

I used a Japanese phone (not android) with AT&T and suddenly i could not receive SMS either. Call AT&T and they'll manually change your account and phone so you can receive SMS.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    You might have gotten an MMS from any of your contacts? I am not sure if the f-02d is like the sh-10d, but I had problems with not being able to receive them sms if anyone sends me an MMS. Put the sim card in a US phone and see if you get all your messages. Leave it in for a few hours.

I am thinking the mms blocks the rest of the sms from working due to the phone not supporting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGearTW View Post
    They have this thing where the system automatically detects what type of phone you have. If you use iPhone or Android with data plan ,that system will automatically charge you money for using a smartphone regardless of what plan you want.

I used a Japanese phone (not android) with AT&T and suddenly i could not receive SMS either. Call AT&T and they'll manually change your account and phone so you can receive SMS.
    I think it is a regular symbian based fujistu flip phone

Device(s)
    Softbank 007SH
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    did you manage to get SMS/MMS on your phone again? I'm curious!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not yet, I had to switch phones because of work.

Sent from my C6603 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    I have a F-02D and SH-11C. The problem is with AT&T - when someone sends you an MMS message, the service freezes up. So you can't receive any more messages or phone calls until you receive that MMS message, and the only way that MMS message will go through is if you put SIM card back into your regular AT&T phone. When you turn your regular phone back on and wait a while, then you'll receive everything that was trying to get sent through to you. I even opted out of data to try and fix it, and still the same problem.

I find it really dumb how that works out. You'd think that by opting out of data, that MMS messages would be skipped altogether, especially if you're trying not to spend money on data plans. I submitted that idea as a suggestion to AT&T, but likely to no avail. I'm frustrated that I can't use either of my keitai without having to face the chance that someone will come along and send an MMS message and freeze up the reception.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fkeidjn View Post
    I have a F-02D and SH-11C. The problem is with AT&T - when someone sends you an MMS message, the service freezes up. So you can't receive any more messages or phone calls until you receive that MMS message, and the only way that MMS message will go through is if you put SIM card back into your regular AT&T phone. When you turn your regular phone back on and wait a while, then you'll receive everything that was trying to get sent through to you. I even opted out of data to try and fix it, and still the same problem.

I find it really dumb how that works out. You'd think that by opting out of data, that MMS messages would be skipped altogether, especially if you're trying not to spend money on data plans. I submitted that idea as a suggestion to AT&T, but likely to no avail. I'm frustrated that I can't use either of my keitai without having to face the chance that someone will come along and send an MMS message and freeze up the reception.
    Yep, I had to stop using my sh-10c bc of it, my sister keeps sending me mms so it really sucks. The other option is using an nec phone, the mms will come through as garbage text instead.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of getting this phone, does anyone know if it's also a problem in Canada on any of the Big 3? I'll probably use it with Fido or Tellus.

Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Is this still a current issue with AT&T and Japanese telephones?