Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't get Straight talk service from Verizon tower

Feedback Score

Can't get Straight talk service from Verizon tower

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but need help. I have had Straight talk service for about 6 months, and it works great everywhere but at my home. There is a Verizon and an Alltel tower about 7 miles from my house. When I try to program my samsung galaxy proclaim by calling *22890, I get "thanks for calling Alltel." I have called Straight talk over and over to try and fix this. Sometimes, after doing many things, it will work, for a while. I can make calls for a while, but then I'll try to make another call, and get the message "C O M 50B", your call cannot be completed. Straight talk says that Alltel is disrupting the signal. But I think that since the Verizon tower has only been up about 3 months, it is not programmed correctly to receive my phones signal. I can drive down and park within 100 feet of the tower, and it still will not program. Straight talk sent me a replacement phone even though I told them it won't make a difference. And guess what? It still doesn't work!! I don't understand while sometimes after their programing my phone it will work for a short time, and then, it doesn't work. Any ideas or help?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    sounds like the tower is not up and running at this time or it could be a verizon service partners tower not a true verizon tower.it also could be a att,tmo or sprint tower.but it sounds like you are getting a verizon service partner tower.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    it sounds like you need to choose a gsm company. thats awful. do you have any buds who have service when they come visit you?

Quote Originally Posted by wendya View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum, but need help. I have had Straight talk service for about 6 months, and it works great everywhere but at my home. There is a Verizon and an Alltel tower about 7 miles from my house. When I try to program my samsung galaxy proclaim by calling *22890, I get "thanks for calling Alltel." I have called Straight talk over and over to try and fix this. Sometimes, after doing many things, it will work, for a while. I can make calls for a while, but then I'll try to make another call, and get the message "C O M 50B", your call cannot be completed. Straight talk says that Alltel is disrupting the signal. But I think that since the Verizon tower has only been up about 3 months, it is not programmed correctly to receive my phones signal. I can drive down and park within 100 feet of the tower, and it still will not program. Straight talk sent me a replacement phone even though I told them it won't make a difference. And guess what? It still doesn't work!! I don't understand while sometimes after their programing my phone it will work for a short time, and then, it doesn't work. Any ideas or help?

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your reply! What is a Verizon service partner tower and how would it affect my straight talk phone?

Feedback Score
    I was told I need a cdma phone. And a neighbor has a Verizon cell phone and she gets service. I just don't understand why it would work one day and then not the next?

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    well you have a straight talk verizon that does not roam. so their verizon phone will roam on a partner network.

Feedback Score
    Got it, Thanks! Just wish I could find out what the error message C O M 50b means? Straight talk has no idea.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    ask alltel

Feedback Score
    When I try to program my samsung galaxy proclaim by calling *22890, I get "thanks for calling Alltel." But I think that since the Verizon tower has only been up about 3 months, it is not programmed correctly to receive my phones signal. I don't understand while sometimes after their programing my phone it will work for a short time, and then, it doesn't work. Any ideas or help?
    In addition to *22890, try updating with *22891 also. That is a secondary PRL. This is done routinely on the non-smartphones in Net10 and Tracfone and maybe it will help here too. It is worth a try.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I've tried that too. I just programmed it with the *22890, and it says it was programmed successfully. But, then when I try to make a call, I get the same error message. I can use my browser. I don't want to give up this ST phone as the price is so good, but have tried just about everything. I do have a landline but don't want to use it do make long distance calls. And ideas why it would work for a while, and then not? Does the signal strength vary? One time after calling ST, it worked for 4 days, then, like a dummy, I turned the phone off, and the next morning it would not work. I'm not giving up!!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I've tried that too. I just programmed it with the *22890, and it says it was programmed successfully.
    But did you try *22891?

Carrier
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    If you look on the tower, there may be a phone number to call for emergencies and tower related issues. If you call it and let them know that it is flaky, they might send a technician out to check it.
    Questions?? Read the FAQs: The Prepaid FAQ . The Straight Talk FAQ
    Disagree with someone? Be Nice!
    Report posts that violate the rules by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom, left of the post.

I have blocked some Hofo users and so I don't see and won't respond to messages from them.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I did try it. Didn't work.

Feedback Score
    I'll look next time I go by it. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    It works! Drove by the tower yesterday, which is about 8 miles from my home. I reprogrammed it, and this time it was successful! I think they finally have the tower fully working. Went home and tried to make a call, and it wouldn't go through. But powered my phone off and on, and it is working so far! Thanks for all your suggestions!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast