Thread: Sprint iphone 5 unlocked with GPP in tmobile edge only

Feedback Score

Sprint iphone 5 unlocked with GPP in tmobile edge only

I have a sprint iphone 5 unlocked using gpp sim on tmobile. Works good only drawback is that its in tmobile edge. I want to switch to net10 but i dont know if 3g will work on my sprint iphone. i want to know if anyone has 3g or lte working with a different carrier like net10 or simple mobile using a sprint iphone 5 with gpp unlock?

Feedback Score
    Not possible, unlock iPhone from Sprint is not available anywhere.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Richbeasley914 View Post
    I have a sprint iphone 5 unlocked using gpp sim on tmobile. Works good only drawback is that its in tmobile edge. I want to switch to net10 but i dont know if 3g will work on my sprint iphone. i want to know if anyone has 3g or lte working with a different carrier like net10 or simple mobile using a sprint iphone 5 with gpp unlock?
    The carrier used determines what connection speed you will get within the capabilities of the telephone. If you are assigned a T-Mobile SIM card with Net10, your speed will be the same as you currently have. If you are assigned an AT&T SIM, you may obtain 3G speed if AT&T has that service at your location.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    In the same situation as you, currently there is no patch yet to enable 3G on the Sprint iPhone 5 for GSM use with the GPP Sim. Even with a Net10 or Straight Talk sim, it still shows EDGE speed. Popping in a nano-sim from either T-Mobile or AT&T w/o the GPP interposer will show 3g/4g connection with the Sprint iPhone 5, but activation won't go through.

If it were only that simple as the iPhone 4s.. i have the Sprint iPhone 4s using the R-SIM 7+ method, and i'm getting great 3G speed.

Feedback Score
    you have to install the neterteam software on the iPhone5 to get 3g data. i have simple mobile and im using a sprint iPhone 5 with good 3g data. (no 4g data)
    when you get your gpp for the iPhone 5 it comes with a code. you download the software first then hook up your phone to your windows machine, then run the software (make sure iTunes is installed) then it will recognize your iPhone, hit the install button and bam it starts to install the profile on your phone. it will ask you to choose the carrier you plan on using. choose that. then look at your phone it will have a profile ready to install choose install and your done. turn the phone off let it power down then install the gpp sim and turn the phone back on and your ready to go.