Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score

Huawei Ascend Plus (H881C)

Available now from the website. Phone runs on Verizon’s towers.

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Found at Wal-Mart in Hindsdale, NH this afternoon.

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have more tech specs on this device? Outside of the box implies single core CPU, inside implied dual, and info on the amount of RAM is nowhere to be found.

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I'd also like to know more specs. In particular, does it have the FM radio that the Ascend Y has?

Phones
    Ascend Y, Proclaim, Ascend Plus
    Shorty, LG290C, VX5500, S380C, 235C, 440G
    401G
    Carriers
    America Movil, Virgin Mobile
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Just found this youtube review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1xJTs1re_Y

And yes, it does have the FM Radio

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I did end up buying this phone today and have been very pleased with it. According to sys info, it has a dual core 1.0 GHz ARMv7 CPU, 512MB of RAM, a 480x800 240dpi screen, 2GB internal storage and no SD card pre-installed. 512MB of RAM was a a little disappointing, but thankfully memory management seems a lot better than my old Droid X2. It does not have much, if any added-on bloatware and everything works well. Bluetooth even worked out of the box with the notoriously fickle Audi MMI system. It looks and feels solid too for an inexpensive phone.

Only complaints so far are no camera flash (i.e. flashlight), the auto-rotate lags a bit, and scrolling in Chrome is a bit choppy. There are also no protective cases available as of yet, but a random person on Facebook says an eBay seller will have something available in the near future.

Hope this helps anyone looking for basic info on the device.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to know how is compares to the LG Optimus Showtime?

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    i seen some phone cases for this phone on amazon.com now
    Quote Originally Posted by zen_ View Post
    I did end up buying this phone today and have been very pleased with it. According to sys info, it has a dual core 1.0 GHz ARMv7 CPU, 512MB of RAM, a 480x800 240dpi screen, 2GB internal storage and no SD card pre-installed. 512MB of RAM was a a little disappointing, but thankfully memory management seems a lot better than my old Droid X2. It does not have much, if any added-on bloatware and everything works well. Bluetooth even worked out of the box with the notoriously fickle Audi MMI system. It looks and feels solid too for an inexpensive phone.

Only complaints so far are no camera flash (i.e. flashlight), the auto-rotate lags a bit, and scrolling in Chrome is a bit choppy. There are also no protective cases available as of yet, but a random person on Facebook says an eBay seller will have something available in the near future.

~Nikky~

Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the camera has auto focus or not?

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrenny View Post
    Does anyone know if the camera has auto focus or not?
    yes it does

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    How is the signal/antenna strength?
    How does it compare to Samsung Proclaim?

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    i think its about the same for both phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis7426 View Post

Feedback Score

Cases

I've been looking for hard cases for a few weeks now, and the only ones I would see were red, white, blue and black; plus jelly cases. I've just searched again today and found many new ones added on ebay.

Phone
    Moto G
    Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis7426 View Post
    I can't compare it directly to the Proclaim, but it is slightly worse than my old Moto X2 when I'm out in the boonies of Nebraska. It's still perfectly acceptable though.

At one month with the device, I can't really complain about anything. One button root with framaroot works, usb tethering works with 3rd party apps (but not hotspot), and battery life is good even with a VPN app running all the time. I don't know what the official ST policy is on device modification or tethering, but since this runs on Verizon's 3G network, and Verizon has been moving their post-paid customers to LTE as quickly as possible, I don't think there will be problems as long as you don't use crazy amounts of data.

Oh and I did order one of the jelly cases right when they came up on ebay. It fit right, but always stuck in my pocket and collected every bit of lint. Hopefully the hard cases now available are a little better.

Carrier
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    look on amazon.com for phone cases
    I can't compare it directly to the Proclaim, but it is slightly worse than my old Moto X2 when I'm out in the boonies of Nebraska. It's still perfectly acceptable though.

At one month with the device, I can't really complain about anything. One button root with framaroot works, usb tethering works with 3rd party apps (but not hotspot), and battery life is good even with a VPN app running all the time. I don't know what the official ST policy is on device modification or tethering, but since this runs on Verizon's 3G network, and Verizon has been moving their post-paid customers to LTE as quickly as possible, I don't think there will be problems as long as you don't use crazy amounts of data.

Oh and I did order one of the jelly cases right when they came up on ebay. It fit right, but always stuck in my pocket and collected every bit of lint. Hopefully the hard cases now available are a little better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast