Thread: LG 840g "Call Divert Set"

Feedback Score

LG 840g "Call Divert Set"

I don't want my calls "diverted" any place. Tracfone has taken it upon themselves to set the LG 840g to do that by default though without explaining what that means or where they have decided that they would like to "divert" whatever it is that they are "diverting". Does it mean incoming calls will be "diverted" to call waiting and they just didn't feel like a complete sentence for the message pop-up?

If it's not call waiting then why can't I change that setting?
    Last edited by repodmyusb; 05-15-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Feedback Score
    Where are you seeing this message? I purposely enabled call forwarding no answer so that my unanswered cell phone would automatically switch to ringing my home phone. This is through an AT&T setting, which happens to work on my LG800G but not on some other phones. There is no popup, it just does it. The codes are easily available if you do a search. Perhaps you have a phone where this was inadvertently set up.

Feedback Score
    It pops up every single time I make a phone call from the lg 840g. The second you go to a contact and hit "call" the message "Call Divert Set" pops up. Never fails. I didn't set up anything to do that.

Don't see why we'd have to go looking for some kind of code to make it stop doing that though. I don't even know what you're talking about with codes. Who would even think of something like that? There should be a setting to turn it off in my opinion. But there is not.

Feedback Score
    I have been doing some research, and it might be a problem with the headset jack. Something about the connector being loose on the inside and it generates a headset reminder. Is your phone a refurb? Anyway, it might be defective and need a replacement under warranty.

Feedback Score
    What? Just....stop. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

I'm on the phone with tracfone now. They're spinning it too.

All I want to know is what is it? What's it doing? Why can't I control it? No dice. They can't/won't give me an answer. The generic response is "That's just a message on this model phone and as long as you can make and receive calls then there are no problems".

We'll...I disagree. Until I know what it is, what it's doing, where and what it's diverting where and why exactly I hav e no control whatsoever over the function assuming that I did have an explanation for it then, yes, there is a problem. Especially if the question is being avoided like the plague.
    Last edited by repodmyusb; 05-15-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Why don't you try looking it up instead of relying on people who you think are stupid?

Feedback Score
    So, the call ended by the rep from Tracfone asking me what State I was in after almost an hour of refusing to accept the generic response in the old "deal with it" manner. Apparently there is a tower around here that is doing the "diverting" (still unexplained, btw). That's rather interesting, I think.

Never did get an answer to my actual question from Tracfone regarding what "Call Diver Set" means, what is it diverting and why can't I control it? So I'll be contacting my state representative to find out what's going on with this.
    Last edited by repodmyusb; 05-15-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Why don't you try looking it up instead of relying on people who you think are stupid?
    My sides are hurting from laughing. That is the best comment I have seen. Right on by The way!!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by repodmyusb View Post
    So, the call ended by the rep from Tracfone asking me what State I was in after almost an hour of refusing to accept the generic response in the old "deal with it" manner. Apparently there is a tower around here that is doing the "diverting" it. That's rather interesting, I think.

Never did get an answer to my actual question from Tracfone regarding what "Call Diver Set" means, what is it diverting and why can't I control it? So I'll be contacting my state representative to find out what's going on with this.
    Ya your state Representative got elected just to worry about your cell service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwiseinc View Post

Your mind set is why companies like this get away with the nonsense that they do. You know what's stupid? I'll tell you what's stupid.

"Sent from my blah, blah, blah, using blah, blah, blah". That's what's stupid. Stick with gel skins, ringtones, and middle schooler one liners and leave the hard stuff to folks who have the common sense to ask the right questions.

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Well, the message is LG's doing. But, call divert potentially has settings to divert all calls (which it isn't doing or you would never get calls), divert on already in a call, on no answer, and on out of service area. I think it's very likely that Straight Talk is using call divert for voicemail and such. There should be a menu to examine these settings.

I'l just say, if you suspect your calls are being diverted for other reasons, I seriously doubt those diversions would be made visible to the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by repodmyusb View Post
    Your mind set is why companies like this get away with the nonsense that they do. You know what's stupid? I'll tell you what's stupid.

"Sent from my blah, blah, blah, using blah, blah, blah". That's what's stupid. Stick with gel skins, ringtones, and middle schooler one liners and leave the hard stuff to folks who have the common sense to ask the right questions.
    Asking a question is fine. Telling someone they don't know what they are talking about when they try and help you is the problem. Be careful who you attack they might just have a clue.

Feedback Score
    No...my question was completely deflected and spun into something that had nothing to do with "Call Divert". Nothing. Was not a personal attack in any way. If we cannot comprehend the issue then why bother creating another one out of thin air just to produce a theoretical "helpful" answer?

I'm just used to dealing with professionals when discussing these shenanigans with technology and current events. Probably why I don't post here so much anymore.

Anyhow. Like I said. I'll deal with it now that I have some idea what is happening. According to the rep, there is a tower close by that seems to be the culprit or mechanism for the culprit. This is a rather big deal until there are some answers as to what exactly is going on.
    Last edited by repodmyusb; 05-15-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwiseinc View Post
    Tracfone claims to be the #1 provider of prepaid service in the world. Seems to me it's a lot of peoples problem. Perhaps when folks start to comprehend the monumental importance of asking their elected officials what their position actually is on the technology and the practices of the companies who sell it as well as the legislation that is derived from it then maybe we won't have these kinds of shenanigans happening with the unanswered questions. Some of which are very important questions in scope.