Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Fido subs vs Rogers sub etc

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    562
    Phones
    Motorola RAZR HD
    Motorola RAZR HD
    Iphone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    AT&T prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0

    Fido subs vs Rogers sub etc

    Telus announced today they were buying out Mobilicity. I that transaction is finalized, Telus will have more subs then Bell making them the 2nd biggest carrier in Canada. The first one being Rogers, of course.


    I was wondering how many Rogers subscribers are from Fido?

    Does anybody know?
    Of course I'd like to sit around and chat. Of course I'd like to sit and chew the fat....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,690
    Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Fido is well over 2 million, and I did get some information yesterday from a Rogers manager that Fido activates more lines now than Rogers does. Would be interesting to see exact numbers.

    Personal phone: FIDO $56 unlimited Smart plan w/2GB LTE MAX ($10/GB overage)
    Business phone: FIDO $55 unlimited Standard plan w/5GB LTE MAX (2 x 10% discounts = $44.55, $10/GB overage)
    Laptop/desktop: WIND $15 AITF unlimited data (10GB soft cap)


    All my posts are my own opinion only and not necessarily that of any of my employers, past or present.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    628
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    Fido is well over 2 million, and I did get some information yesterday from a Rogers manager that Fido activates more lines now than Rogers does. Would be interesting to see exact numbers.
    Do you have a source for the 2 million subscribers? I know it was around that when bought out, but I've seen indirect references to varying amounts since then.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,690
    Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stately Automat View Post
    Do you have a source for the 2 million subscribers? I know it was around that when bought out, but I've seen indirect references to varying amounts since then.
    Fido publicly stated over 2 million on their own website a few years ago. The number certainly hasn't gone down.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    FITH BEYOND Thunder Bay
    Posts
    17,855
    Phone
    IR GS BLooD Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity...... F!DO Tbaytel SE, Wind HMP
    Carriers
    M@ther Nature ! HardWare Opiates
    AXIS OF EVIL DEAD & Krill Kill Kult Member Fighting the War on Terra !
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster_qc View Post
    Telus announced today they were buying out Mobilicity. I that transaction is finalized, Telus will have more subs then Bell making them the 2nd biggest carrier in Canada. The first one being Rogers, of course.
    ?
    Hellus aready blew by Hell placing them in second.
    B.efore C.hrist E.ntity

    "Bell's always ready to compete," Well Break the Bell Telus Alliance. Bell Stop Talking and Start Competing!

    http://www.bellmobilityclassaction.ca/


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    FITH BEYOND Thunder Bay
    Posts
    17,855
    Phone
    IR GS BLooD Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity...... F!DO Tbaytel SE, Wind HMP
    Carriers
    M@ther Nature ! HardWare Opiates
    AXIS OF EVIL DEAD & Krill Kill Kult Member Fighting the War on Terra !
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    Fido activates more lines now than Rogers does. Would be interesting to see exact numbers.
    I never completely Left Microcell/Fido there was never good reason too

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    628
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    Fido publicly stated over 2 million on their own website a few years ago. The number certainly hasn't gone down.
    Fair enough. I just wasn't sure if they released solid numbers at some point and I had just missed it.

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using HowardForums

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    580
    Carriers
    Fido
    Cantel AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by trickster_qc View Post
    Telus announced today they were buying out Mobilicity. I that transaction is finalized, Telus will have more subs then Bell making them the 2nd biggest carrier in Canada. The first one being Rogers, of course.


    I was wondering how many Rogers subscribers are from Fido?

    Does anybody know?
    As of today, Fido has 3,372,763 subscribers. This number also includes any reserved number that a customer might have on their account.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    628
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FidoSeniorAgent View Post
    As of today, Fido has 3,372,763 subscribers. This number also includes any reserved number that a customer might have on their account.
    Huh. More than I would have thought.

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using HowardForums

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,690
    Phones
    Moto X
    Q10
    Carriers
    Fido Solutions
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FidoSeniorAgent View Post
    As of today, Fido has 3,372,763 subscribers. This number also includes any reserved number that a customer might have on their account.
    Thank you for that! Interesting how Rogers does not let Fido advertise that fact. Perhaps so they can go around boasting that Rogers has more subs than everyone else (but in reality it's a combination of Fido/Rogers subs).

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,247
    Feedback Score
    0
    ^If they separated the numbers that would put Rogers in #3 Possition

    Sent from Samsung S4 with Android Howardforums App.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    628
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    ^If they separated the numbers that would put Rogers in #3 Possition

    Sent from Samsung S4 with Android Howardforums App.
    Without knowing the specific numbers for Virgin, Solo, Koodo, Mike, etc you can't say that for certain.

    Sent from my SGH-I897 using HowardForums

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinCredible View Post
    Thank you for that! Interesting how Rogers does not let Fido advertise that fact. Perhaps so they can go around boasting that Rogers has more subs than everyone else (but in reality it's a combination of Fido/Rogers subs).
    It's also because it isn't a valid number he gave you.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    580
    Carriers
    Fido
    Cantel AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ircu View Post
    It's also because it isn't a valid number he gave you.
    If you know the number, then go ahead and state it instead of stating my number is an invalid number. Maybe you should've asked me how I was able to get that number in the first place.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,910
    Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4, 3G, Sony Ericsson Z710i, Z600, T310
    Ericsson T18z, Cantel Amigo AT&T 3610
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FidoSeniorAgent View Post
    If you know the number, then go ahead and state it instead of stating my number is an invalid number. Maybe you should've asked me how I was able to get that number in the first place.
    I'll ask: how were you able to get that number in the first place? It's awfully specific to be an estimate.
    Unlocked Pentaband iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked iPhone 4
    Unlimited airtime, Unlimited CAN/US long distance, Unlimited SMS to CAN/US wireless numbers
    2500 Call Forwarding minutes to CAN/US numbers
    CiD, 6GB
    Google Voice for visual voice mail with message transcription, conditional greetings, unlimited messages (vs 35 message cap), remote retrieval from any PC or phone, no auto-purge after 10 days and most importantly no $7-$8 charge.
    $53$65

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking For: Potential FIDO sub-dealer...
    By LeadMan in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 04:32 PM
  2. how many city fido subs does fido have?
    By felpot in forum Fido
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 10:05 PM
  3. FS: Sick Car Audio System! (Fosgate subs etc...)
    By bdonn in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 07:40 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-20-2001, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks