Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HTC ONE Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    I would think your experience is probably more common than mine. I just prefer to know the power (to pull battery) is there – even if I never have to use it. Turns out, though, in my case I have always needed it at some point.
    Learning Android root on my SGSIII while waiting for Ubuntu Phone OS.

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."

Perspective instantiates reality.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    I would think your experience is probably more common than mine. I just prefer to know the power (to pull battery) is there – even if I never have to use it. Turns out, though, in my case I have always needed it at some point.
    Excuse me if I'm spreading misinformation, but I seem to recall the Moto phones without removable batteries had circuits to take care of a battery pull situation. Hold down the power + volume buttons long enough and it is the equivalent of pulling the battery.

Carrier(s)
    vzw [UL data]
    Feedback Score
    Reread my first June 19 post.

Point is, ultimately all buttons are software controlled. With Snowden and PRISM, CMOS PLAN chips and CIA CTO Hunt's revelations at CTIA, plus the exponential proliferation of Android malware, we now know that there can be no certainty that the display, or any button, will always work as Google intended. An uninvited intruder can make your handset jump through its hoops.

But removing the source of power can't be compensated for with software. That's a certainty.
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 06-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    I spoke to a guy who I spotted using the VZW HTC ONE and he also had a VZW DNA+ which was neat to play with. Looks like the DNA but with a monster battery, SD card, but he said VZW declined it so it wont make it to market. He was a nice short guy I met in NC. The ONE on VZW was pretty neat and I may have to scoop it up.
    Moto Razr

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xbernaut View Post
    I spoke to a guy who I spotted using the VZW HTC ONE and he also had a VZW DNA+ which was neat to play with. Looks like the DNA but with a monster battery, SD card, but he said VZW declined it so it wont make it to market. He was a nice short guy I met in NC. The ONE on VZW was pretty neat and I may have to scoop it up.
    With Verizon getting the HTC One, I guess they don't need the DNA+, but I do wish the One had an SD slot.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    With Verizon getting the HTC One, I guess they don't need the DNA+, but I do wish the One had an SD slot.
    And supported wireless charging like the DNA. Several cars are now even offering wireless charging pads built into their center console.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Any word on when/if the "phablet" HTC 1 Max will be released on Verizon?

Feedback Score
    Yup. and its pretty big. I heard they just removed the finger print scanner off the back of it. Has SD card slot and removeable back cover.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3