Thread: Why am I receiving text messages related to Visual Voicemail?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Why am I receiving text messages related to Visual Voicemail?

...I don't have that feature. I never activated it. I called up AT&T THREE TIMES about it, and the issue is still present! They told me Visual Voicemail was not activated. However, EVERY TIME I use my Voicemail, or someone leaves me a voicemail, I get a text that looks like this:

1000000000 (4:24 PM):
    alpsgaacds01.attwireless.net:5400?f=0&v=710&m=1234 567890&p=&S=I&s=5433&i=143/993&t=1234567890:A:CMSGROUP0339702:ms04:client:672 3

(Replace "1234567890" with my phone number)

I don't know what to do, but it's irritating the hell out of me. All I know is that this behavior probably started around 2 months ago when I changed my phone number.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like someone else had VVM.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA View Post
    Looks like someone else had VVM.
    i don't follow. this number was actually on Net10 originally and I never saw any of these stupid text messages on my old phone.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I used to have an LTE Samsung Note, and if You downloaded the VVM app, VVM with transcription was free. It took ATT several times to provision it properly. Before it worked I got garbage texts like you. Ask ATT to reprovision texts for you, worth a shot!

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ...but i didn't download VVM, nor do I want it. It's useless, and I just want these texts to stop.

Phones
    LG G2
    LG G2
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hg3300 View Post
    ...but i didn't download VVM, nor do I want it. It's useless, and I just want these texts to stop.
    Just try it! You would be resetting your account, not what is stuck on your number now.
    Today a group of leading venture capitalists published an open letter to the FCC calling on them to prevent what they say would be the end of net neutrality and a crippling blow to young startups.
    No Google, say it ain't (or wouldn't of been ) so! ATT and Verizon would have killed their own cash cow.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i think they've already tried that. anyway, I contacted them several more times, and contacted the nearest AT&T store. They're going to try changing my number. I guess I'd be willing to try that, after all I've only had this one for two months.

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    After any port you have a seperate phone number and MSISDN. The phone companies each have their blocks of phone numbers, the MSISDNs for AT&T are then 310380(more digits for a phone number). When a text or phone call is made, the phone company does a number portability lookup, which uses looks up your number and gets a phone number within those blocks of numbers the cell co has. This is then used to route the call.

I wonder if the previous user of your MSISDN had VVM, and so it's still associated with your MSISDN within AT&T's system. At any rate, indeed getting a new number would also get you a different MSISDN and clear this up.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums