Thread: Move to a different Province and plan/contract changes - help please

Feedback Score

Move to a different Province and plan/contract changes - help please

I have Moved from Manitoba to Alberta and the plan that I have from Manitoba is not available here in Alberta anymore. I want to change over to a 403 area code to avoid long distance charges. My question is since the plan I have signed up for under my current contract is not available anymore, is there any way to get out of my current contract without paying the cancellation fees? And I would be under the old cancellation process as this contract was signed back in 2011. Any help would be great! Thanks!

-Andreas

DH is offline I've got more phones than fingers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bi11ab0ng View Post
    I have Moved from Manitoba to Alberta and the plan that I have from Manitoba is not available here in Alberta anymore. I want to change over to a 403 area code to avoid long distance charges. My question is since the plan I have signed up for under my current contract is not available anymore, is there any way to get out of my current contract without paying the cancellation fees? And I would be under the old cancellation process as this contract was signed back in 2011. Any help would be great! Thanks!

-Andreas
    I haven't heard of anyone getting out of their contract due to switching provinces where their old plan is no longer available. You could probably call in to cancel and possibly get offered a comparable plan from Customer Relations (retentions). If the contract is somehow renewed again by changing your plan without new hardware, you might be able to just pay the $12.50 deactivation fee and 30 days notice depending on province. However I am pretty sure this loophole was fixed, and if it was not Customer Relations will try and manually calculate / charge your old D/ECF.