Thread: US Cellular Galaxy S3 to prepaid Service

Feedback Score

US Cellular Galaxy S3 to prepaid Service

I've been googling this for days, but is there ANY way to take my S3 to a prepaid Carrier? Which one? I can't seem to find anyone that does a CDMA phone! Only GSM ones. Pulling what little hair I have out slowly trying to solve this! The phone is currently active on US Cell.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The phone has to be reprogrammed to work on other carriers. Verizon MVNOs will accept phones from other carriers if you can find someone to reprogram the phone. Verizon MVNOs include: Page Plus, NextGmobile and Talkforgood. Some NextGmobile dealers advertise being able to "flash" (reprogram) CDMA phones to NextGmobile.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply, time to do more research

Update: Wow, crappier plans than what I have right now! Very Discouraging
    Last edited by gjbnh; 05-21-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Verizon data is not cheap, even on an MVNO, but I think at least Page Plus should be cheaper than US Cellular for limited data. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-for-Page-Plus! started advertising that they can activate US Cellular phones today, but their webpage indicates that they only wish to sell to dealers. I don't see any list of dealers that use their software on the website for consumers to contact, but you could always try contacting them to see if they would supply a list of dealers that use their software. There are also other similar businesses that might be able to flash CDMA phones to various carriers.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys, I will look into Page Plus. I'm disappointed because my wife has a new Straight talk, and besides UNLIMITED data, they have UNLIMITED text and phone calls, and US Cell I only have unlimited phone and 2 gigs of data a month for about twice the cost!!! It just plan sucks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
    Thanks for the input guys, I will look into Page Plus. I'm disappointed because my wife has a new Straight talk, and besides UNLIMITED data, they have UNLIMITED text and phone calls, and US Cell I only have unlimited phone and 2 gigs of data a month for about twice the cost!!! It just plan sucks!
    What is your zipcode? I may have a better option for you.

Feedback Score
    You're better off just selling the phone and buy one that works on a prepaid of your choice.

Feedback Score
    My zip is 03743. And selling it is probably what I'll end up doing; touch to do tho when I'm competing against $50 with some carriers!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gjbnh View Post
    My zip is 03743. And selling it is probably what I'll end up doing; touch to do tho when I'm competing against $50 with some carriers!
    We flash Us Cell S3's nearly everyday with unlimited talk, text and 3g data for $55 a month, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to provide you a local number in that zipcode.