Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got a text message today from Straight Talk

Phones
    bb tour
    ve20(old) lg rythm(old)
    glimmer/ax8600/wave/e815/nokia 6255i(bit the dust)
    Carrier
    alltel/ATN
    Feedback Score
    I followed the link that was posted and when asked for a phone number I gave a number that is not on a tracphone account of any brand. It just went thru to a mobile website that had options for search, sports and news, shopping etc. When I clicked on sports and went thru it took me to foxsports and had the latest headlines but the format seemed a little off somehow. The page did load a little quicker than normal. Seems like maybe it forces you to go thru their server or something and maybe they cut down the content some to make things appear quicker. When I closed that window and reopened my browser everything appears normal again so I don't know what the point it cuz it seems like you would have to click that link everytime you wanted to experience the web thru their "enhanced browser" .

Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums
    what is this new feature, and how can I manipulate it in order to make myself seem superior to those around me?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by every1nosme View Post
    I followed the link that was posted and when asked for a phone number I gave a number that is not on a tracphone account of any brand. It just went thru to a mobile website that had options for search, sports and news, shopping etc. When I clicked on sports and went thru it took me to foxsports and had the latest headlines but the format seemed a little off somehow. The page did load a little quicker than normal. Seems like maybe it forces you to go thru their server or something and maybe they cut down the content some to make things appear quicker. When I closed that window and reopened my browser everything appears normal again so I don't know what the point it cuz it seems like you would have to click that link everytime you wanted to experience the web thru their "enhanced browser" .

Sent from my XT862 using HowardForums
    When I got that message brought up in my browser, which randomly popped up while browsing, I skipped the phone number thing and same little homepage thing was brought up.

Sent from my PantechP9090 using Tapatalk 2

Carriers
    Straight Talk (ATT SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I just did it all it is is a bunch of popular sites bookmarked.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
    I got a text message today from Straight Talk that said my phones browser required an update and to click on the link provided (it is a tracfone link). I have been using the stock browser on my Proclaim with no problems. I haven't clicked on the link. Did anyone else get this? I'm not sure if I should do this or not.
    Just Straight Talk spamming you.

Quote Originally Posted by ljfnky View Post
    If you check out straight talks Facebook page there's a post about it.

Here you go, to supply all the information:

https://www.facebook.com/StraightTalkWireless?fref=ts

Straight Talk
    Friday, May 17 at 7:43pm

Calling all Android users! We wanted to let you know that we've enhanced the mobile browser experience. When you see the screen below, simply input your phone number and we'll handle the rest.

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2