Thread: Paylo Phone with wifi - any ever offered?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Paylo Phone with wifi - any ever offered?

Go back into your deep memory bank and let me know if there has ever been a phone with wifi offered on the Paylo program. We are grandfathered 18 cents a min VM customers but need wifi infrequently so thought we'd see if it had ever been an option on a VM Paylo phone. VM can't seem to tell us so asking some experts here.

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin_Mobile, AT&T_ Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CindiCC View Post
    Go back into your deep memory bank and let me know if there has ever been a phone with wifi offered on the Paylo program. We are grandfathered 18 cents a min VM customers but need wifi infrequently so thought we'd see if it had ever been an option on a VM Paylo phone. VM can't seem to tell us so asking some experts here.
    Here you go...
    http://www.virginmobileusa.com/phone-manuals-guides
    PREPAID means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Virgin Mobile: $35 / $1 | AT&T PREPAID: .25/Min

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks but any idea how to search these without having to open each one and to know which works on PayLo?

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Had a few minutes and checked a few - but no way to tell (except on a few) which are Paylo. Someone has to have bought a wifi phone via PayLo. VM is having a hard time answering my question, no surprise.

Feedback Score
    It's primarily smart phones that have wifi ability. Paylo does not offer a smart phone since it's a service used for primarily talk and text. They have basic phones and a few qwerty devices. To date, they have not had a device with wifi that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Here is a list of VM discontinued phones, none that I see have WiFi. It would be nice if they did add a wifi and touchscreen feature phone, but I think I'll be beating that dead horse for some time to come! Isn't 18 cents a minute quite high, not sure why you would stay on a plan like that? I guess if you have a bunch of cash rolled over and I am not familiar with the plan, but you have to use it up at some point and @ 18 cents you can burn through that pretty quick.

Feedback Score
    Most feature phones of any brand or carrier lack wifi and anything faster then 3G with a few rare exceptions.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Grandfather and Serve Preserver worth the cost per minute

Good point on the 18 cents per min but for us, the grandfathered rate plus the Service Preserver option of adding just $90 once a year make it worth while as we are not cell phone users (maybe 10 calls a month). But with a high school student traveling a little farther this year, we are having to look at options. Wifi would let him check emails at school and then just have the VM phone for calls home.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone's feature phones all seem to have wifi which got us thinking about VM needing the same option since they are pretty comparable services on the low end.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Tracfone's feature phones all seem to have wifi...
    Not really. Only two recent Tracfones, the Samsung S390g and the LG840g have WiFi. Carriers don't seem to like to sell WiFi equipped feature phones because it cuts into their data revenue.
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Even on other carriers feature phones with wifi have been hard to come by though one exception could be T-Mobile since they catered to the wifi calling being available on most of the feature phones when wifi calling was first introduced.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thanks to all

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the discussion and advice. We decided the wifi was a big deal for us to help save costs so are going to fade out of the VM plan and into iPhone 3GS we can get cheap and then using H2O minutes for our plan. Enough though we'll miss the once a year top-up of $90 on the VM plan, the wifi ease of the iPhone seems to justify it. Our local electronics recycler is getting iPhone 3GS donated by the score and selling them for $55 for 8 GB. That makes them almost a cheap as a new VM phone and great for wifi.

Carrier(s)
    Ting - R+ - Lyca - BYO - Selectel
    Feedback Score
    Hey just wanted to say thanks for the discussion and advice. We decided the wifi was a big deal for us to help save costs so are going to fade out of the VM plan and into iPhone 3GS we can get cheap and then using H2O minutes for our plan. Enough though we'll miss the once a year top-up of $90 on the VM plan, the wifi ease of the iPhone seems to justify it. Our local electronics recycler is getting iPhone 3GS donated by the score and selling them for $55 for 8 GB. That makes them almost a cheap as a new VM phone and great for wifi.
    If you have not already took the plunge, you might also look into Page Plus or Talk for Good!