Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: APN Keeps Resetting

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

APN Keeps Resetting

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My family has two iPhones (AT&T SIM) with Straight Talk, and about once a week the phones seem to reset their APNs from att.mvno to Phone, making data/MMS useless until changed back.

Anyone else had this and found out why?

Thanks.
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Carrier
    ST Unlimited x 4 Lines
    Feedback Score
    I have 3 iphones, two form at&t and 1 Verizon, att phones resets apn, but not the verizon one.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by oscar786 View Post
    I have 3 iphones, two form at&t and 1 Verizon, att phones resets apn, but not the verizon one.
    Yeah, I used to have an iPhone 4S with Page Plus and it never reset either.

Feedback Score
    It happened to me before, I was unable to delete the old APN and kept changing itself back to the old APN. You can download APN Backup restore from the market, it will let you delete the old apn, that way your phone will have nothing to go back to, it will stay on Straight talk apn settings

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulero View Post
    It happened to me before, I was unable to delete the old APN and kept changing itself back to the old APN. You can download APN Backup restore from the market, it will let you delete the old apn, that way your phone will have nothing to go back to, it will stay on Straight talk apn settings
    I believe he is referring to iphone... Not android

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    the people that are having this problem are the ones that have usesd the sim swap metod.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trim99 View Post
    I believe he is referring to iphone... Not android
    Sorry, I guess I didn't pay attention

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Volaris View Post
    I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My family has two iPhones (AT&T SIM) with Straight Talk, and about once a week the phones seem to reset their APNs from att.mvno to Phone, making data/MMS useless until changed back.

Anyone else had this and found out why?

Thanks.
    Yes this happened to me all the time on a Verizon branded iPhone 5 using a Straight Talk AT&T sim card using the sim swap trick with an unactivated t-mobile sim. Got so fed up that I sold the phone and bought the Straight Talk version of the iPhone 5 using Verizon's towers. I lost about $150 bucks selling my old iPhone 5 but no more data loss and no more SIM card swap trick and re-entering APNs.

Carrier
    ST on ATT/T-Mo pre-paid
    Feedback Score
    Well, I am on a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) and my APN disappeared today. I've had wonky data all week -- I am no where near any pseudo-cap (single digit MB weekday use; use wifi @ home; minimal data when out and about on evenings/weekends). For the life of me, I can't get the settings for the APN to save. Grr.

edit: and now it's back after a reboot or two.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I received a PM from Straight Talk's Sara, who states this is happening because I have an iOS update available.

I'm not sure if that's the cause (is anyone with the latest iOS experiencing this?), but it would make sense. Those two iPhones don't have the latest iOS because they're jailbroken.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I received a PM from Straight Talk's Sara, who states this is happening because I have an iOS update available.

I'm not sure if that's the cause (is anyone with the latest iOS experiencing this?), but it would make sense. Those two iPhones don't have the latest iOS because they're jailbroken.
    yes that can be a probable cuprit

Carriers
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score

It is not because of an ios update. I have an unlocked ATT 4s that periodically loses its settings. I finally to tired of using the sim swap to reset and jailbroke it. Last week the jailbroken phone had no data. I checked and noted it had lost the data setting (reverted to "phone") but interesting not the mms setting. I changed back to att.mvno and it worked fine.

After that happened I posted asking if anyone knew why this continues to happen and got zero responses to my post. It appears the cause is still undetermined.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    LG Optimus Q Straight Talk
    iPhone 3gs Straight Talk
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Happened to me also but, it has not affected my data or MMS use. I only noticed it when I went into my cellular data settings.
    Cellular data APN setting reset to: "att.mvno"
    Voicemail setting reset to: "phone"
    MMS settings reset to : APN "phone"
    MMSC "http://mmsc.mobile.att.net"
    MMS proxy "proxy.mobile.att.net"

I change it back only if it affects my usage...

Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score
    this happens because unlike other MVNO SIMs, the straight talk at&t sim was engineered to look identical to a normal at&t sim. therefore the settings keep getting replaced automatically with the settings for a normal at&t sim.

Carriers
    GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayossno1 View Post
    this happens because unlike other MVNO SIMs, the straight talk at&t sim was engineered to look identical to a normal at&t sim. therefore the settings keep getting replaced automatically with the settings for a normal at&t sim.
    Then why does my red pocket sim keep resetting?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast