Thread: V3m activation question

Feedback Score

V3m activation question

I'm coming to pp and I'm a simple person. I don't care for smartphones so I have a v3m. I looked in stickies and it needs a manual activation. But I how do I get my MSN and Sid I'd? And will mms work on the v3m?

Sent from my LGL35G using HowardForums

Phone
    CDMA Moto G
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    MMS probably won't work. The numbers you need are on a barcode sticker underneath the battery. (Probably in the phone menus too, but the sticker is faster.)

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeman View Post
    I'm coming to pp and I'm a simple person. I don't care for smartphones so I have a v3m. I looked in stickies and it needs a manual activation. But I how do I get my MSN and Sid I'd? And will mms work on the v3m?

If it is a Vzw V3M, after you give PPC the ESN/MEID, all you should have to do to get talk and text to work is dial *22890 to program it OTA. MMS (probably) and WAP will need additional manual modifications to work.

Feedback Score
    How come mms don't work right out of the box like other Verizon phones?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How come mms don't work right out of the box like other Verizon phones?

I don't know for sure, except that MMS requires cellular data. It is hit or miss, varying by model. It has been reported that MMS on PPC on the enV 2 and enV 3 work without modifications. I just can't remember if MMS will work on the V3M without modifications.

EDIT:
    According to http://www.wirelessforums.org/alt-cellular-verizon/q-verizon-moto-razr-v3m-activating-pp-set-up-details-124010.html , MMS on PPC on the V3M will work without modifications. There are also instructions on how to get WAP working. I have no idea if the info at the above link is accurate.

Phone
    Nokia 2720
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Ahhh! Must not be a VZW phone, then. The activation email I received from my dealer included the MSN and the further remark that if I need the SID I should call Page Plus customer service. If the instructions in the activation email are not enough, Page Plus has a "manual activations" that may help you.

My own practice has been to buy non-VZW phones (Alltel, maybe Sprint) already active on Page Plus.
    Regards, FJ

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    If its a CDMA V3m and its not Verizon branded (maybe a Sprint or USCC phone) it can be flashed to a Verizon V3m monsterpack and be indistinguishable from a VZ handset. Instructions are somewhere in here if you do a search.