Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Getting Galaxy S4 Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Working Off of HTC TP2 & Epic 4 G

Feedback Score
    Using speedtest.net app ... Standing outside with no obstructions ... Epic4G is 752kbps download 252 upload ... S4 is 118kbps download 173kbps upload (I made sure only one phone was active at a time)

I did ##DEBUG# with each to see engineering test. The Epic 4G was on EVDO w/ pass on AN-AAA. The S4 was on 1x, I checked EVDO and AN-AAA was Fail. For those looking for lock code for S4 debug it is SPRINT(777468)

I only have one idea left, perhaps I must disable the hands free activation in order for the phone to be allowed to connect to EVDO. Any other thoughts???

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If you're getting AAA fail, then your Profile 0 and/or 1 AAA key is wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Doesn't appear to be as simple as AAA key. When I change key I start getting error 131 data connection issue. When I change back then all works again w/ slow data. A closer look at ##DEBUG# on the S4 shows that EVDO Protocol state as Inactive. I believe the AAA password would be wrong only if the EVDO was active.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by dubroz; 06-14-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Are you able to extract your profile 1 AAA key from your Epic 4G to compare it with the value you wrote on the S4?

I'm also assuming that you've got your S4 configured for CDMA only as opposed to CDMA/LTE, correct?

Feedback Score
    Yes ... I am on CDMA only.

I checked against profile 1 AAA key on original donor TP2. On the TP2 ##DATA# gave profile 1's 6 digit text strings for the AAA key and HA key. How do you pull profile 1 AAA key from Epic 4G?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    What speeds are you getting on your TP2? You can launch your TP2 web browser and go to delreports.com to run their speed tests.

I don't know how to get Profile 1 AAA key on Epic 4G. Will have to google that.

Feedback Score
    TP2 was 3G with comparable speeds to Epic.

I tried googling ... there are too many forums talking about using other phones as donor for Epic. I couldn't find an instance of using Epic as the donor.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No need to google. Since your speeds are same on the TP2 and Epic 4G, this means you have accurate Profile 0 and Profile 1 AAA key on both TP2 and Epic 4G. At the original HoFo SERO thread, one of the users was experiencing the same speed issues on their GS3. The user mentioned he copied NAM1 (and NAM2?) from TP2 to GS3 to get his speed back. Perhaps reach out to him to see exactly what he had to do.

Feedback Score
    I solved it .... I think you need to re-write certain fields with DFS over and over again. I connected my Epic donor read all the tabs in DFS and took screen grabs of the Programming General, Data, NAM1, NAM2, Mobile IP Profile 0, Mobile IP Profile 1. I connected the S4 Read all the tabs and did a write command to make sure every checkbox matched perfectly and the ones that couldn't be un-populated I left alone. I then re-read the tabs with the S4 to make sure the changes kept.

Voice, Data, Text ... REAL 3G all working with unrooted S4 on Sprint Legacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speedtest.net download is 84ms ping, 786 kbps and upload is 903 kbps.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Congrats.

Feedback Score
    Help!

I'm trying it on a S4 and got stuck at DFS (newest ver).

There are 2 Samsung diagnostic com ports showing and neither one is letting me read the MEID on the programming tab (bearing in mind that I have the correct MSL and Samsung password).

Feedback Score
    Make sure you put your S4 into the correct daig mode ... dial ##DIAG#.... enter your MSL ... under PDA click Qualcomm USB Setting ... click DM+MODEM+ADB ... click OK

Make sure to change back when you are done flashing

Feedback Score
    Done that. I'm stuck here.
    http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/...psaee1d640.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    I'll post a guide later on.

Other things to try .... Make sure you have the correct s4 driver installed and able to access your s4 in mtp diag mode without dfs. Make sure qpst or CDMA or any other modem servers are not running. Restart computer. Out s4 in the right diag mode. Plug into PC. Launch drs. If you still see two com ports try clicking on one, mine was COM 9. At bottom should be a line with connection setting and double click that line. If this doesn't work then try the other com port. If that doesn't work then turn on USB debugging in developer options on s4 and retry. And after that, I have no other ideas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oolong8 View Post
    I had similar issues, had to put it in usb debugging mode for it to work consistantly. You could try that. Also, try a different computer. Finally, could take it out of debug mode, put it back to MTP or something. Shut it down, take out the battery. Start it back up, put it in proper diag mode again, then plug it into the computer. If still, try a different usb cable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast