Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Getting Galaxy S4 Running on Sprint SERO/Legacy Working Off of HTC TP2 & Epic 4 G

Feedback Score

Stuck with no data. errors 67 or 131 depending on what I put in

So, I can't do a *2 and all that; I'm assuming it's because this phone was never activated. I've tried two slightly different 32-digit Pwd for HDR AN & HDR AN Long (one which came up in DFS when read from my S3, and one which I pulled from NV item 1192. Any additional tips on how to get around activating?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Either this phone was never activated on Sprint or the previous owner did a ##786#. Either one will cause you not be able to activate over the air.

Your 2 options:
    1) Temporarily activate S4 on a Sprint account. Do not do ##786#.

2) Write profile 0 and profile 1 keys.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score

empty 466_1

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineMan View Post
    Either this phone was never activated on Sprint or the previous owner did a ##786#. Either one will cause you not be able to activate over the air.

Your 2 options:
    1) Temporarily activate S4 on a Sprint account. Do not do ##786#.

2) Write profile 0 and profile 1 keys.

I'm trying to do option 2 as I don't have easy access to a person with a regular sprint account. My issue now is that I went back to my TP2 instead of my S3, and the TP2's 466_1 / ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1 is empty through QPST 366 ( gotta find what I did with 378), and through QXDM. I don't know how to pull it from CDMAWS or DFS.

I'm getting decent 3G speeds on the TP2 after reprovisioning, so it must be right. Odd that that info is not in there. Also, DFS Programming/Data tab only has HDR AN Long. Authentication require password encripiton is not even checked.

I'm going to try setting up the S4 just like this, without the extra stuff in Data, no profile 1 passwords.

Feedback Score
    Ah, no editing posts...
    So I got it all working, activated the phone, flashed it, activated the old phone (while it was off), wrote all 0s in ##MSL#, rebooted, wrote in my proper info in ##MSL# (rebooted), did profile update, works!

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Could anyone suggest if Treo 800w would work as donor?
    Thanks.
    OM

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe anyone has figured out how to get the AAA key from the 800w. So the answer is no...it's not a good donor.

Feedback Score
    Anyone in SoCal can help me do this on an old legacy plan that has a TP2 line. I'm willing to buy your old phone (prefer S3/4, but will consider the Epic) or pay for your help. Please let me know via PM or email my user name ATgmail. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I had a rather interesting experience moving my S4 Mini onto my Sprint legacy account. I previously moved a Galaxy, then a Galaxy SII onto this account using my old Touch Pro 2's info.

When I got the S4 Mini, it had a bad ESN, but had been activated on Sprint previously. I managed to write my MEID to the phone, but was having issues with it connecting in QPST/QXDM (later found out this was just user error on my part, always send the password and SPC to the phone prior to trying to do anything to it during the QPST session). I can't quite recall, but I may have written some NVitems as well. Bit fuzzy on this part. So after some frustration, I just went into ##MSL# and changed the MDN and MSID to the appropriate values. I restarted the phone and (this is the really odd bit). The phone re-activated OTA, and I actually had LTE data, along with working 3g/voice/text. I verified LTE speeds using Speedtest as well.

About a month later I went to CA and came back, after I got off the plane I got an error "SIM locked" and my LTE hasn't worked since. Everything else works just fine. Still curious as to what happened here.

I wonder if it's possible for me to get a different SIM and have working LTE again. Once I had the crack it's painful to use 3g..

Feedback Score
    Folks,

I've had a decent amount of experience with this topic and am happy to answer questions if I can help.

Question: have people been able to use native hotspot on Sprint, once the android phone has been successfully put on the legacy plan?

For example, I have seen phone-as-a-modem work on Epic 4g, EVO, and GSiii while on a legacy free-and-clear america plan (3g data only). In the latest success story, the actual native Sprint hotspot app was working on a GSiii on the legacy plan. (Touch Pro settings)

However, the native hotspot is not working on a GSiii on SERO (touch pro) line right now, and I'm not sure whether: 1) the settings are wrong, 2) there is a meaningful difference between the Free and Clear America plan vs SERO on allowing PAM, or 3) if an update on the GSiii software provided some sort of check on the hotspot tethering connection that it did not before.

The phone has SCM of 0x2a, and T NAI is the same as NAI for profile 1 and 0. There error message is "you are not subscribed to hotspot" or something. 3g data is working on the phone.

If someone could tell me if:
    A) you have PAM working (without root) on a SERO plan, or
    B) If you know whether using SCM 0x2a or 0x3a (ESN vs MEID) makes a difference.

I would appreciate it. Again, happy to trade stories to help if I can help.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Try THIS. I don't think it requires root. To answer your questions:

A) Not natively.
    B) Not sure.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Bibbin. I installed the app from your link, and it looks like it requires root (I may be doing it wrong, though).

I know I sound like a wus looking for a non-root answer, but this is for my Dad's GSiii & I don't want him to have to deal with a rooted phone and worry about updates breaking it, etc.

His GSiii has been working with the native hotspot on a legacy plan, so my hope is that I just missed something when I entered the TP's settings this time for the SERO plan I'm moving him to.

Feedback Score

Got LTE on SERO 3G plan with S4

I have several S4s. I put one on my SERO $30 (3G) plan, replacing my S2 E4GT. (The plan phone is a Touch Diamond.) The others are activated on Freedompop. I can confirm that the sim cards from the freedompop phones will work in the device on SERO, providing 4G LTE data service.

Feedback Score
    @scuba1999
    I have a S3 activated on Freedompop device. There is a fix for it and it works, at least of Freedompop. (google: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MB1][MC3][MD4][MK3][...).

I also have a hotspot fix for my S4 on SERO and that works. (google: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MDC][MDL][MF9][MJA]Hotspot Mod )

Not sure I can post links here.

Both my devices are rooted. Don't know if the patches will work with non-rooted devices. You can root then apply the patch and then uninstall root. See if it works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritzio View Post
    @scuba1999
    I have a S3 activated on Freedompop device. There is a fix for it and it works, at least of Freedompop. (google: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MB1][MC3][MD4][MK3][...).

I also have a hotspot fix for my S4 on SERO and that works. (google: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MDC][MDL][MF9][MJA]Hotspot Mod )

Not sure I can post links here.

Both my devices are rooted. Don't know if the patches will work with non-rooted devices. You can root then apply the patch and then uninstall root. See if it works.
    I flashed MIUI v5 and it allows native hotspot use. On another note, are you able to get LTE on an SG3? If so, educate me please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bibbin View Post
    I flashed MIUI v5 and it allows native hotspot use. On another note, are you able to get LTE on an SG3? If so, educate me please.
    Just like I said. I took the lte sim from an S4 activated on FreedomPop (on a free plan) and put it in another S4 that was flashed to a SERO $30 plan. The network sees the sim as authorized because FreedomPop is an MVNO on the Sprint network. Cost me $20 to activate an S4 on a FreedomPop free 500MB plan ($0/month). With connections to 10 or more friends, that SIM has 1000MB of free data each month and those friends can share up to 500MB more with you monthly. With that sharing from friends, I have 1.5MB of LTE data monthly on that sim. Getting friends is easy. Getting them to share extra MBs with you is also easy: Just login to your account and use the request tool.
    Last edited by Moritzio; 10-07-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast