Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Virgin Mobile airtime cards / pins for sale on Ebay. How many of you have bought one?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    316
    Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Virgin Mobile airtime cards / pins for sale on Ebay. How many of you have bought one?

    Hello,
    I have just recently bought "my third" Virgin Mobile airtime pin on Ebay. For two $40.00 cards (for a total of $80.00 in airtime) I only paid $39.99. The 2 airtime cards I bought in past months weren't as good of a deal but I still saved quite a bit of money. The way it works is You provide Your cellphone number to the ebay seller and they add the airtime to Your phone remotely. How many of You are cashing in on this great deal? Is this one of those too good to be true deals? Sorry if this has been discussed on here already. If it has please provide the link,links to the threads. Thank You.

    joet1966

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    728
    Phones
    LG Volt
    LG Volt
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    There is no large thread for it, some people do take advantage of these deals on ebay, others like me are just wary.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,730
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
    There is no large thread for it, some people do take advantage of these deals on ebay, others like me are just wary.
    No, these eBay deals are part of the discussion in the large airtime deals thread stickied above. I bought some nearly half-price topups from a seller mentioned there in the past week.
    Last edited by Churner; 06-01-2013 at 08:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    114
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have some 60$ Pins for 29 if anyone is interested.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    316
    Phone
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Churner View Post
    No, these eBay deals are part of the discussion in the large airtime deals thread stickied above. I bought some nearly half-price topups from a seller mentioned there in the past week.
    Thanks for the replys and for the link to the large airtime deals thread. I did notice that the purchase of the airtime doesn't show up on my Ebay purchases and there is no way for me to leave feedback for the seller. I did use paypal to pay for the top up card. Around 3 years ago I bought a $80.00 Page Plus airtime card on Ebay for $70.00. Turned out the seller was buying the airtime cards/pins with a stolen credit card. My phone stopped working one day but I was able to file a Paypal claim and get most of my money back. I thought that was a fair decision as I already used some of the minutes already. I hope this great deal on Virgin Mobile airtime cards/pins is legit. Don't want to go through that hassle again but these cheap airtime deals are hard to stay away from.

    joet1966

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Newer seller, some of them not protected by paypal, wants your number instead of sending a pin and photoshopped pic makes me too leary to take a chance.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arcadia, FL
    Posts
    1,455
    Phones
    Samsung Moment
    Palm Pre
    iPhone 3G 8GB
    Carriers
    Sprint,
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Burgh View Post
    Newer seller, some of them not protected by paypal, wants your number instead of sending a pin and photoshopped pic makes me too leary to take a chance.
    That's all of them.

    Have bought at least 30 VM and ST refills on eBay yet to have a problem.

    Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,151
    Phone
    Nexus⁴,Moto G
    Carriers
    T-Mo monthly4g, H2O
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JOET1966 View Post
    Thanks for the replys and for the link to the large airtime deals thread. I did notice that the purchase of the airtime doesn't show up on my Ebay purchases and there is no way for me to leave feedback for the seller. I did use paypal to pay for the top up card. Around 3 years ago I bought a $80.00 Page Plus airtime card on Ebay for $70.00. Turned out the seller was buying the airtime cards/pins with a stolen credit card. My phone stopped working one day but I was able to file a Paypal claim and get most of my money back. I thought that was a fair decision as I already used some of the minutes already. I hope this great deal on Virgin Mobile airtime cards/pins is legit. Don't want to go through that hassle again but these cheap airtime deals are hard to stay away from.

    joet1966
    That because most of these are not auctions, they are classified ads.
    LG Nexus⁴ -- Beanstalk Kit-Kat 4.4.4_r2 -- LTE + ART enabled
    Moto G ------- Stock KitKat -- 4.4.3 -- with ART
    Acer A100 -- GodDroid CM10 4.1.2 @1.5ghz
    Old: F3, Blaze 4g, SIII, OV, MT, Rise, Elite

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Mesa, Az 85207
    Posts
    194
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have been meaning to chime in on one of these threads for a while, but I'm usually too distracted or lazy. With that stated, I actually became aware of Virgin Mobile Topup Refills being sold on eBay from a thread on here a few months back and I ended up buying one shortly thereafter. Since then, in the past 4 months or so, I have probably bought 15 or more Topups and have yet to have a problem. I currently have 3 lines of service with Virgin Mobile and I have been paying the monthly bill for each line via Topups from an eBay seller for the past 4 months. I was using one particular seller to get $60 Topups for $40, but I recently found another seller selling them for a cheaper price (closer to half-price; and most recently - 3 days ago - I got a $40 Topup for $19.99), so I have now used 2 or 3 different sellers, all without a problem. I also did buy three $60 Topup last month and used the Cash Balance in my account to buy a Galaxy Victory. Again, without a problem.

    Now, I am trying to come off as arrogant or to suggest that it is not possible that some suspicion should be understandable. Personally, I have literally no idea how these sellers are getting the Topups to be able to sell them at such a discounted price. I am very curious; but I really have no idea how this is possible. And seeing that these Topups have been working for me, on 3 different lines, for at least 4 months now, it would seem that they are legitimate and reasonable to purchase and use to pay your monthly Virgin Mobile bill. I certainly understand people being suspicious and the speculation on how they are obtaining them is not unreasonable. With that stated, I just wanted to share my experience with my fellow members on here.

    By the way, for the record, my monthly bill is typically due on the 1st of the month, so I paid for a $40 Topup on May 31st (two days ago) some time in the evening, and the Topup was credited to my Virgin Mobile around 2:30 a.m., which was about 8 hours after I had paid for it via PayPal. If anyone has any negative stories about a buying experience with these Topups from ebay, I would really be interested in hearing about them!
    - AzAssassin, a.k.a. BillyJackAz

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,146
    Carrier
    Ring+ - Ting - PPC - Lyca - US Mobile (Beta)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AzAssassin View Post
    I have been meaning to chime in on one of these threads for a while, but I'm usually too distracted or lazy. With that stated, I actually became aware of Virgin Mobile Topup Refills being sold on eBay from a thread on here a few months back and I ended up buying one shortly thereafter. Since then, in the past 4 months or so, I have probably bought 15 or more Topups and have yet to have a problem. I currently have 3 lines of service with Virgin Mobile and I have been paying the monthly bill for each line via Topups from an eBay seller for the past 4 months. I was using one particular seller to get $60 Topups for $40, but I recently found another seller selling them for a cheaper price (closer to half-price; and most recently - 3 days ago - I got a $40 Topup for $19.99), so I have now used 2 or 3 different sellers, all without a problem. I also did buy three $60 Topup last month and used the Cash Balance in my account to buy a Galaxy Victory. Again, without a problem.

    Now, I am trying to come off as arrogant or to suggest that it is not possible that some suspicion should be understandable. Personally, I have literally no idea how these sellers are getting the Topups to be able to sell them at such a discounted price. I am very curious; but I really have no idea how this is possible. And seeing that these Topups have been working for me, on 3 different lines, for at least 4 months now, it would seem that they are legitimate and reasonable to purchase and use to pay your monthly Virgin Mobile bill. I certainly understand people being suspicious and the speculation on how they are obtaining them is not unreasonable. With that stated, I just wanted to share my experience with my fellow members on here.

    By the way, for the record, my monthly bill is typically due on the 1st of the month, so I paid for a $40 Topup on May 31st (two days ago) some time in the evening, and the Topup was credited to my Virgin Mobile around 2:30 a.m., which was about 8 hours after I had paid for it via PayPal. If anyone has any negative stories about a buying experience with these Topups from ebay, I would really be interested in hearing about them!
    My experience exactly! I have topped off my son's account for the next 8 months for about $19 for his $35 plan.
    If these discounted cards are still available during the end of year Consumerism Season I may top up and purchase a new LTE 4G phone for him as well, hard to replace his EVO V when it is working fine, plus there will most likely be more to choose from for less and we probably won't have any LTE service until then anyway.
    If they were being purchased with stolen credit cards, I just don't see how it could go on month after month with multiple sellers with the purchases going through both PayPal and eBay.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    536
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm new to this. Bought enough to buy a Victory and a few months of airtime. My girlfriend used me as the guinea pig and now she is interested in getting a few months worth too.

    As of yet no problems.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    23
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    How much can you add to your account? I thought I remember VM changing it awhile back but I didn't read the email cause I don't use top up cards. This would help buy 3 S3's when they come out for the family if I decided to take the chance since so many haven't had issues yet.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    602
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 6Burgh View Post
    How much can you add to your account? I thought I remember VM changing it awhile back but I didn't read the email cause I don't use top up cards. This would help buy 3 S3's when they come out for the family if I decided to take the chance since so many haven't had issues yet.
    I believe the limit is $400. You may trigger fraud alerts by doing this repeatedly on one account... maybe doing it once in each account would be the easier option?

    Sent from my SPH-L300 using HowardForums

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    602
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    In response to the thread question, I bought the $40/$19.99 deal last week, my first eBay top-up. Seeing multiple people having success was enough to encourage me to try... plus, saving half on my household's cell phone costs appeals to my tight budget. I was debating cutting my teenager's line off over the summer; if this deal continues, I won't need to.

    I'm trying to be both moral and pragmatic about this - there's no evidence of fraud, and I can save enough each month to make another utility payment with the difference. How can I not at least try it?

    Sent from my SPH-L300 using HowardForums

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,730
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aml1025 View Post
    I believe the limit is $400.
    The cash balance upper limit was reduced to $300 earlier this year. Last year and for many years prior, this answer was correct.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Virgin Mobile $25 Grandfathered Plan For Sale
    By kill00 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 03:55 PM
  2. Virgin Mobile $25 Grandfathered Plan For Sale
    By tcmobile999 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
  3. Virgin Mobile $25 Grandfathered Plan For Sale
    By tcmobile999 in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 02:06 PM
  4. PayLo/Virgin Mobile Kyocera X-tc for sale
    By primetechv2 in forum Non GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 11:45 AM
  5. Virgin Mobile Rock Box Package For Sale
    By yourmyboyblue in forum Non GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks