Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S4, att No mms!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Ok so it has never work since S2. I also had a Skyrocket and all functions work. Could it be the sim with issues. My original sim was not a traditional BYOD it came off a Nokia E71. Its last job was cut down to micro n I'm keeping it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using HowardForums
    NO, I meant. I've been using go sms pro since I had my s2 and everything worked fine, s3 everything was fine, note2, vivid, inspire, galaxy 1, and lots more. Settings have always worked on all my previous phones. on my S4 doesn't work and go sms pro doesn't make a difference, still can't send no matter if I use stock messaging app or go sms pro

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    Scroll up. Try the answer above I found in another forum.
    thanks, post #18, OP said it did not work

Feedback Score
    Did you add all the fields we told you to add -- not just the ones ST mentions? Specifically APN Type.

Also delete the stock APN. You can do it by going into the APN and then the menu and choose delete. Mess around and look for settings.

Do you know what the "menu" buttons look like? Use them.

________

EDIT: FROM ANOTHER FORUM.

Add/Change APN settings in AT&T galaxys4

ANSWER:

He then posted an exact replica of my APN settings from this picture:

and don't forget this:

Samsung Galaxy S4 APN Straight Talk settings HELP
    Yes, I'm very familiar with Android, this is not my first Android phone and this is not the first time I mess with apn settings. I know how to delete and create apn settings, however, on my s4 it will not let me delete or edit the stock apn! when I select it there is no "menu" and there is no way to delete or edit it. Can't be deleted (unless my phone is rooted I've heard) If you know how to edit/delete stock apn settings without rooting, can you please tell me?

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haulero View Post
    yes, i'm very familiar with android, this is not my first android phone and this is not the first time i mess with apn settings. I know how to delete and create apn settings, however, on my s4 it will not let me delete or edit the stock apn! When i select it there is no "menu" and there is no way to delete or edit it. Can't be deleted (unless my phone is rooted i've heard) if you know how to edit/delete stock apn settings without rooting, can you please tell me?
    DUDE,

Read the answer in my post. It worked for 3 other people.

You are NOT reading.

READ THE PART that says FOUND IN ANOTHER FORUM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    thanks, post #18, OP said it did not work
    Then he's not doing it right. it worked for 3 other people with AT&T locked S4s.

He seems to be obsessed with creating a new APN or editing an APN without following those steps we told him.

I want to hear him say he tried those steps because I swear he has not.

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haulero View Post
    I know how to delete and create apn settings, however, on my s4 it will not let me delete or edit the stock apn! when I select it there is no "menu" and there is no way to delete or edit it. Can't be deleted (unless my phone is rooted I've heard) If you know how to edit/delete stock apn settings without rooting, can you please tell me?
    1) you have to enable the Developer Mode.

2) Once you enable the Developer Mode, you can edit the settings.

Do these steps.

If you have done them, do them again.

this is NOT to ADD a new APN. If you think it says that you can't read. It's saying to EDIT the APN settings.

Originally Posted by eyberz
    Ok so I was able to edit my apn settings for straight talk (at&t sim) with a carrier locked at&t Samsung Galaxy S4. ..

first go into settings-->more tab -->about device-->hit build number (grayed out) 5 times until you enter into developer mode-->

after that in settings the connections tab hit more networks-->mobile networks-->apn setting and hit menu button and add the needed apn setting and hit save...

(this is NOT to ADD a new APN. If you think it says that you can't read. It's saying to EDIT the APN settings.)

I was able to get everything working including mms and 4g hspa+ with my at&t straight talk sim without rooting or anything except these steps.. works great!

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Then he's not doing it right. it worked for 3 other people with AT&T locked S4s.

He seems to be obsessed with creating a new APN or editing an APN without following those steps we told him.

I want to hear him say he tried those steps because I swear he has not.
    Cause tapping the build #5 times has the same effect as tapping Nexus 4 seven times to be developer. With S4 you still need to toggle it on, it defaults to off. FYI, while typing this, I've touch the home button several times and svoice activates. It's not good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using HowardForums
    Samsung SM-N900A 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special
    Samsung SGH-I337 32GB on GoPhone LTE $45.00 Special

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Cause tapping the build #5 times has the same effect as tapping Nexus 4 seven times to be developer. With S4 you still need to toggle it on, it defaults to off. FYI, while typing this, I've touch the home button several times and svoice activates. It's not good.
    Sure, same as with Nexus 3 that I have. You activate Developer Mode (by the "secret handshake" of tapping the Build number several times) and then are able to do stuff that is hidden or locked out from mere mortals.

But once he activates the Developer Mode -- as outlined in that forum post -- the instructions work to edit the stock APN, right?

Clarify what you mean by this part?

With S4 you still need to toggle it on, it defaults to off.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sure, same as with Nexus 3 that I have. You activate Developer Mode (by the "secret handshake" of tapping the Build number several times) and then are able to do stuff that is hidden or locked out from mere mortals.

But once he activates the Developer Mode -- as outlined in that forum post -- the instructions work to edit the stock APN, right?

Clarify what you mean by this part?
    top right hand corner, after tapping build #5 times, you still have to turn it on, its off by default. After becoming a developer, APN is game. You can do anything you want, add, reset to default.

Feedback Score
    1) you have to enable the Developer Mode.

2) Once you enable the Developer Mode, you can edit the settings.

Do these steps.

If you have done them, do them again.

this is NOT to ADD a new APN. If you think it says that you can't read. It's saying to EDIT the APN settings.
    Developer mode is on..... if I try again it says "no needed, developer mode is already on"
    I still can't edit those settings even if I'm on developer mode, so my ONLY choice is to add a new apn!

I came across that threat as well and didn't work for me! The reason I'm here asking questions is because I've been looking for 2 days and I didn't find anything so I figured I would ask you guys. You are talking to me like I'm a first time android user and is not like that, I CAN'T edit or delete original apn even if I'm on developer mode so my ONLY choice is to create a new one!

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Developer mode is on..... if I try again it says "no needed, developer mode is already on"
    I still can't edit those settings even if I'm on developer mode, so my ONLY choice is to add a new apn!

I came across that threat as well and didn't work for me! The reason I'm here asking questions is because I've been looking for 2 days and I didn't find anything so I figured I would ask you guys. You are talking to me like I'm a first time android user and is not like that, I CAN'T edit or delete original apn even if I'm on developer mode so my ONLY choice is to create a new one!
    OK, at least we know you are on the right track. You have Developer Mode enabled and on.

When you see THIS below (or something like this) -- what happens when you CLICK on the APN? Does it open up?

When it OPENS UP, does it say "EDIT Acess Point? This is an S4 APN below.

what happens when you CLICK on a field? Does the keyboard come up?

When the keyboard comes up, does it let you type?

After you type, can you go into the menu options and SAVE?

this is NOT an S4 but ALL Androids do this.

Phone
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    OK, at least we know you are on the right track. You have Developer Mode enabled and on.

When you see THIS below (or something like this) -- what happens when you CLICK on the APN? Does it open up?

When it OPENS UP, does it say "EDIT Acess Point?

what happens when you CLICK on a field? Does the keyboard come up?

When the keyboard comes up, does it let you type?

After you type, can you go into the menu options and SAVE?
    yes, it does

Feedback Score
    When I click con that "att phone" it opens up, after it opens up and I hit menu there my only choice is "discard" I see all the fields on gray, if I click on a field nothing happens (all fields are gray) Keyboard doesn't come up....

Phone
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    When I click con that "att phone" it opens up, after it opens up and I hit menu there my only choice is "discard" I see all the fields on gray, if I click on a field nothing happens (all fields are gray) Keyboard doesn't come up....
    Go back into Developer Options and tell me if this switch is ON or OFF?

Feedback Score
    Go back into Developer Options and tell me if this switch is ON or OFF?

If I go back to developer options the switch is ON

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast