Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: VZW Offered "Exclusive" Plan

Feedback Score

VZW Offered "Exclusive" Plan

I have a family shared plan with 3 lines, but simply feature phones, no data. The primary line has lapsed by about a year and now VZW has offered me an "exclusive" plan for my primary line. This would be to get a smartphone ($99 for the iPhone 5) with unlimited talk/text and 2Gb of data for $60/mo.

Has anyone seen this plan offered and how would I "dovetail" it with my family share plan? The other 2 lines will most likely stick with feature phones.

Feedback Score
    isnt that normal price for the plan?

unless you got absolute clarification, they probably worded it in a way where you think that might be the total, but that might not be the case. the plan might be $60, but you also get charged a device fee aka "monthly line access". for example $40 for 1 smart phone on the $60 plan. so the actual total would be $100 + fees

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    You don't have to dovetail it. We had a family plan (not share everything), and a seperate aircard line. If the $60 is indeed an individual plan, you'd just have one share plan and one individual line on your account.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My fiance got a text for the same offer.She currently has 900 minutes, unlimited text and a basic phone. This deal would have her pay less per month, get unlimited minutes and an iPhone.

She does not want an iPhone. Maybe an android phone though.

Phones
    E-815
    W-755
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I got the same text on 5-21-13 and two days later my 3G quit working on my phone.
    A friend had the same exact thing happen two days after he got the same text.
    We have different phones but same old 900 minute plan and older phones.
    As a result of no 3G, my phone goes dead every day now and I used to go 4 to 5 days on a charge.
    I updated the PRL to no avail and the problem exists no matter where Iam. Strong 3G areas.

I heard tales of VZW phasing out 3G for the new VOLTE which isn't even working yet.
    Seems like they are trying to force us to get smartphones by disabling our older phones.

Who knows. Iam over five years out of contract also.
    So close to firing them but their call service quality is supreme to other carriers.

If that 60.00 plan is for real that would be what it takes to maybe switch to a smartphone.
    We will see...

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    They're not phasing 3G out. I had lots of problems in SW Wisconsin a few days ago, and saw a thread from a few days before that about problems somewhere in the NE (that cleared up.) I thought maybe VZW was doing backend work (i.e. not backhaul, but the equipment behind that.)

Sent from my SCH-I405 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    It's a loyalty plan. Customers can request it thru care or telesales. It gets you 2 GB and unlimited talk and text. $60 no discounts plus tax. It does not have to be iPhones it can be any model, on discount, on contract, or just simply a plan change with no equipment change. This is a great plan for those without unlimited data on one or two line accounts. It really does exist, you must call in and request it or threaten to leave.

Feedback Score
    still trying to figure out what the difference is between this and the regular $60 2gb unl talk/text plan on their website.
    do they not tack on the extra $40 a month or something?

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeen View Post
    still trying to figure out what the difference is between this and the regular $60 2gb unl talk/text plan on their website.
    do they not tack on the extra $40 a month or something?
    A single line share everything plan for a smartphone with 2GB is normally $100/mo.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Feedback Score
    yes, i know the above. but people in this topic are just talking about the exclusive "plan". and the way VZ likes to phrase things, the plan is a certain $ but then you get charged per phone to be on that plan. So thats why i was asking for clarification. people here mention plan, but 60 is normal price. unless they meant 60 is the total amount, which would be $40 less than normal (normal 2gb plan 60 + 40 for device). a flat $60 total seems too good to be true.
    Last edited by zeen; 06-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    The email also says "Exclusive plan is not a Share Everything plan " so what is it? We currently have an old Family plan with 4 basic phones and 550 mins. If one phone was upgraded through this deal would it be moved to its own plan? Would the other phones stay on the same old plan? If I just wanted a smartphone and didn't care about the unlimited mins and text, would I be better off just adding a smartphone to my current plan for $30? If this is the case, it would only save me $10 to drop the one basic phone and cost $60 for the new plan for a difference of $50. I guess I'd be getting unlimited talk and text for $20 more vs just adding a smart phone to my current plan. Let me know if I'm understanding this right.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatothe0 View Post
    My fiance got a text for the same offer.She currently has 900 minutes, unlimited text and a basic phone. This deal would have her pay less per month, get unlimited minutes and an iPhone.

She does not want an iPhone. Maybe an android phone though.
    Single line basic phone users should consider prepaid options. VZ postpaid just isn't competitive in that market.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    I have a friend thinking of switching to VZW and went to a VZW store last week. He wants an iPhone5 and was offered this $60(plus taxes) plan but was told it is only good until Father's Day. Unlimited talk/text and 2 gigs of data per month. Can't use an employee discount and can't add a "share data" device on this plan.
    Phones I have owned within the past few years: iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, iPhone4, iPhone 3GS, Moto Droid, HTC Incredible, HTC Hero, Blackberry Bold 9700, HTC EVO, HTC Desire, Samsung Mesmerize...

Phone
    Lumia_635, iPhone_5S
    Carrier
    at&t_GP, Virgin_Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That is a good price for that "Exclusive Plan". It is similar to their current 3G Prepaid Smartphone offer...
    Up to 4X the data. Same low price!
    Our Prepaid Smartphone Plans give you Unlimited Talk and Text with the freedom to select the data plan that's right for you. Get 2GB of data for only $60 per month or 4GB of data for $70 per month. Stream more music, games and movies with No Annual Contract and No Credit Check all on America's Most Reliable High–speed wireless network.

Order now and get Free Shipping and Free Activation.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silliybilly View Post
    I have a friend thinking of switching to VZW and went to a VZW store last week. He wants an iPhone5 and was offered this $60(plus taxes) plan but was told it is only good until Father's Day. Unlimited talk/text and 2 gigs of data per month. Can't use an employee discount and can't add a "share data" device on this plan.
    Can a basic phone be added to the plan though? or another smartphone with its own 2 GB data plan?
    Last edited by sprtfan; 06-11-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast