Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iOS7 Beta on Straight Talk

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

iOS7 Beta on Straight Talk

Hey, thought i'd create a thread for people who have developer access and their experience with the iOS7 Beta on Straight Talk.

I dont have the courage to upgrade yet, but for those of you braver than I; I have some questions...

Initial Questions Needing Answers:

Is the Cellular Data Network Menu exposed?
    How is reception?
    How is battery life?
    AT&T or T-Mobile ST SIM?
    Other General Thoughts/Impressions (especially those relating to its performance on Straight Talk):

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    People who get in the Beta Developer Program may have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I dont think said agreement covers menu options in settings. Its more geared towards "developery stuff"

Phones
    Blackberry Pearl 8100
    Black Motorola V3 Razr
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well there's a myriad of videos and threads showing how to simply download the IPSW for free and just install ios7 so I'm sure someone who did that didn't sign anything and can comment

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Back before the release of iOS5, Apple tightened the requirements to get a developer's license to cut down on the unauthorized releases of beta software.

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One person (seems like a ST user from his Youtube video - HOME network tag on iPhone) said there's no APN editing and they patched the T-Mobile sim swap method.
    https://twitter.com/Mewstarz/status/344311958314569728
    https://twitter.com/Mewstarz/status/344409918473920512
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SDA1SB5QE
    Past providers: Page Plus, AT&T, T-Mobile, Virgin, Straight Talk
    Past phones: Nokia 820, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S, HTC One V, iPhone 4, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia N9, Samsung Focus, Samsung Captivate, Nokia N900, HTC 8525, iPhone 3GS, iPhone, Nokia E61i, Siemens A56...

Feedback Score
    i would like to try ios 7 im downloading the beta right now so i will back to coment how it works on my iphone 5 ios 7

Feedback Score
    I've installed iOS7 on my Verizon iPhone 5 that I've been using with AT&T ST SIM for a while. Cellular data works fine with the APN Carrier Settings profile already installed previously (through www.unlockit.co.nz) so I did not have to do anything. MMS does not work as it did not when it was on iOS 6.

iOS7 looks pretty good with added functionality but it's laggy and slow especially with the animation effect when opening and closing a folder and switching apps. Overall, I'd say it's worth the update even if it's at a first beta stage.

Feedback Score
    I am running iOS 7 beta on an iPhone 4 on straighttalk. As the person said before - a little laggy but it is running with the same features as iOS 6.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Can any of you access the Cellular Data Network Menu in Settings.app?

@volaris - WOW Patched the T-Mo SIM Swap!?!? Ouch! Welp, guess i'll be jailbreaking then (or moving to t-mo's sweet uncarrier plans)

Feedback Score
    Somebody knows if tmobile sim trick works like the iOS 6 to get mms to work?

Feedback Score
    If it works I will update the beta
    Just I want to see if somebody try it
    Before I lost my jailbreak

Feedback Score
    My APN hasn't reset in a while.
    I think the problem was with TetherMe, I believe upgrading it didn't fix the bug it had but after I removed it and reinstalled it I've had zero issues with the APN resetting.

Now I have a friend which I installed the Straight Talk profile and then did the sim swop for the MMS settings. He messaged me the next day saying picture messages don't work on green and only work on blue (iMessage).

Does anyone know if the APN profile messes up the MMS settings which were modified using the sim swop method?

Why is AT&T and Apple still blocking access to APN settings even on iOS 7? Does Apple not listen to customer feedback? Why these games with blocked settings for the phones that we own!

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Many iPhone users never own their iPhones. Before they pay off the subsidy, they are in line for an early upgrade or regular upgrade to start the cycle again.

Feedback Score
    Ok, but regardless the end result is owning the iPhone after their contract is over. That conclusion has nothing to do with why a specific setting option is blocked from access. The APN field is open on all Androids and is even open for all iPhone users around the world and even for T-Mobile sims here around the world. It's only an AT&T sim related annoyance which Apple needs to address since there is something known as MVNO's in our time and day. I will definitely call up Apple and waste their time with a senior advisor on the issue and eventually they will realize it's one of those things which serves no purpose but to annoy the user.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast