Thread: Voicemail problem

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Voicemail problem

I've run into an issue with voicemail on both phones on our family plan. Basically what is happening is if we get a voicemail while the phone is shut off, when the phone is turned back on, we are not notified of it. My wife missed 2 voicemails on her phone because of this. She was able to retrieve them, but was never notifed of them. She keeps her phone off and in her locker while at work because they don't like the employees using their cellphones during work hours. We only found this problem earlier this week when I left her a voicemail and when she turned on her phone, she got no notification. In addition, this voicemail, left on Tuesday, never showed up in her inbox.

I turned my phone off, called it, left a voicemail, then turned the phone back on 30 minutes later and even after another 30 minutes, no notification was received. I was able to retrieve the voicemail, but was never notified of it. What's going on here? I haven't called ATT yet but am going to. The phones are a Pantech Breeze II and a ZTE/ATT F160, just feature phones.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this.

RedStickHam

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Have you spoken with customer service about the issue? I am not certain if it is a phone issue, tower issue or a provisioning problem in the At&t system. If you do call them, do it from a different phone # and have the mobile phone # nearby so they can troubleshoot.

One issue that comes to mind is if the voice mail pilot # is incorrectly setup would create such an issue. Hope you get the issue resolved.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    Have you spoken with customer service about the issue? I am not certain if it is a phone issue, tower issue or a provisioning problem in the At&t system. If you do call them, do it from a different phone # and have the mobile phone # nearby so they can troubleshoot.

One issue that comes to mind is if the voice mail pilot # is incorrectly setup would create such an issue. Hope you get the issue resolved.
    I haven't called them yet but I will. One thing I'd like to add is the voice mail I left my wife around 1PM on Tuesday just showed up in her voice mail today(2 days later) at around 5PM. She told me she spoke with a coworker who has ATT and was told she's having the same problem.

Her coworker once had Verizon, but switched to her husband's ATT account because the rates were better. She said the service was better with Verizon than it was with ATT, and my wife wants to switch. We're both off contract now so it might be worth considering.

RedStickHam

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Do you have text messages disabled? AT&T uses a specially configured text message to turn the voicemail message indicator on and off.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Do you have text messages disabled? AT&T uses a specially configured text message to turn the voicemail message indicator on and off.
    We have text messaging enabled.

Phones
    I727 Skyrocket;BB Curve 9360
    I727 Skyrocket;BB Curve 9360
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This happened to me the other day. I changed my plan in the middle of my billing cycle and it seemed one of the lines never got provisioned properly. I called it in and they had to reprogram the line. They than credited me the first half of my billing cycle @ $103.50 I was pretty happy about that, but not happy about the customers who left messages and I had no idea.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    att note 3, vzw charge
    ATT Note 3
    VZW Charge
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've not used either att's or vzw's native voice mail for years, instead I use google voice. G/V has it's issue's too, but I like that it sends me a text (s) and/or emails, of each message, and they are retained on the service until I delete them, which I never do, so I can go back for years to pick up messages. Just a thought.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I can also suggest an app called "YouMail" which works similar to Google Voice. It is free and has a lot of extra features that makes it very good. I dumped Verizon's VM because it was just too annoying.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    This happened to me the other day. I changed my plan in the middle of my billing cycle and it seemed one of the lines never got provisioned properly. I called it in and they had to reprogram the line. They than credited me the first half of my billing cycle @ $103.50 I was pretty happy about that, but not happy about the customers who left messages and I had no idea.

Sent with the HoFo App
    We haven't changed our plan in fact, we've been on the same Family Plan for 7 years. My wife has a coworker who is having the same issue. May be time to switch.

RedStickHam

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with ATT technical support regarding my voicemail problem. It turns out I'm not alone and that they've gotten other reports of voicemail problems. I was told it was being worked on and they hope to have it resolved by the 20th. Hopefully they will.

RedStickHam