Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: metro PCS new BYOD sim card

Feedback Score

metro PCS new BYOD sim card

Hi
    Have somebody seen the new sim card, I called metro 611 and they said u can buy it @ any metro store. Do u guys think that I can use regular Tmobile sim instead? any info!

Feedback Score
    Think of metro as a TMO mvno. You will need their sim to activate and it is a different sim than TMO. They provide the sales and support; sibling TMO provides the network.

Feedback Score
    Unless you are in Boston, Hartford or Las Vegas you wouldn't be able to purchase one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MA56 View Post
    Unless you are in Boston, Hartford or Las Vegas you wouldn't be able to purchase one.
    what if you get one in any of these markets and try to use it elsewhere?

Feedback Score
    Roaming shouldn't be an issue. They're just nit marketing it outside of the test areas yet.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    what i want to ask is there any las vegas dealers in this forum? if so are ya willing to sell/activate these new metro sim card and ship them for a price?
    Musician and Producer at chosen-1-records check out some of my work @ http://soundcloud.com/chosen-1-records

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n4zty View Post
    what i want to ask is there any las vegas dealers in this forum? if so are ya willing to sell/activate these new metro sim card and ship them for a price?
    I am not a dealer, but i know a few. I am looking into it.

Phone
    LG Motion 4G LTE (Nokia 5230 - former)
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    You can activate a line in a MetroPCS Home Area and use it in the Extended Home Area with no problems. (See the coverage map on the website: http://www.metropcs.com/metro/maps/coverage-map.jsp)

I activated my LG Motion in Philly in January and have never had a problem using it here in Chicago for 6 months. Only pitfall was I had 1x data speeds, but phone and texting worked like a charm. As of this morning, I now have 4G LTE speeds and couldn't be happier.

I got in on the New Years $30/month flat-rate special (same as the $40/month plan). It's easily the best deal I've ever had -- even over the earlier TMobile plans. Again: no taxes or fees -- flat rate.

If you like smaller phones, get a 4.3 in LG Motion. Perfect screen size without carrying a tablet in your pocket. They run about $149 and you get all the bells and whistles, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Google Play store apps. It is a CDMA phone, not GSM.

Just ran two SpeedTest.net test using the app:

10.74 Mbps downlaod / 3.70 Mbps upload / 94 ms ping
    8.27 Mbps downlaod / 8.38 Mbps upload / 38 ms ping
    Last edited by Telemakhos; 06-17-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Telemakhos View Post
    If you like smaller phones, get a 4.3 in LG Motion. Perfect screen size without carrying a tablet in your pocket. They run about $149 and you get all the bells and whistles, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Google Play store apps. It is a CDMA phone, not GSM.
    Not sure anybody's really interested in CDMA anymore and the motion has a 3.5" screen and extended home is limited to CDMA since tmobile has nationwide 4G

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Would I be able to get a local number if I get a sim in either Hartford or boston? I fall in the middle of the two but don't visit either one enough to justify having an 860 or 617 number

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    LG Nexus 4 - T-Mobile (postpaid)
    Nokia Lumia 521 - T-Mobile (prepaid)
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint (via Ting)
    ZTE Valet - Verizon (via Tracfone)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The website mentions Dallas also.

Quote Originally Posted by MA56 View Post

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Providence area Metro dealers are advertising sim cards also - so I imagine Worcester area dealers are also.

Quote Originally Posted by SBdunks View Post
    Would I be able to get a local number if I get a sim in either Hartford or boston? I fall in the middle of the two but don't visit either one enough to justify having an 860 or 617 number

Feedback Score

Exclamation

Very interested in checking out the MetroPCS GSM SIM here in PA.
    Please send a msg if you can hook me up with a GSM card / login where I can switch in my name and address.

Phone
    LG Motion 4G LTE (Nokia 5230 - former)
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman9831 View Post
    Not sure anybody's really interested in CDMA anymore and the motion has a 3.5" screen and extended home is limited to CDMA since tmobile has nationwide 4G
    I know GSM is better for call quality, switching btwn phones, and international calling. But is CDMA really that outdated at this point?

I don't live in one of the 4 select markets to bring an unlocked GSM phone to Metro PCS, so I'll wait. My setup and price works for now.

Sorry about the LG Motion gaffe. I like the Motion's smaller 3.5 screen. YouTube videos look crisp in HQ mode. I'm not a fan of large phones.

Quote Originally Posted by SBdunks View Post

Typically, you cannot get a number for an area code where a MetroPCS Home Area does not exist. That said, call customer service. Things are changing right now. Maybe that policy has changed, too?

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Well since theyll be shutting down CDMA by mid2015 don't think that many more people would hope on it also would rather have HSPA fallback than EvDO fallback

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast