Thread: iPhone 4S on straight talk: incoming calls "unknown"

Feedback Score

iPhone 4S on straight talk: incoming calls "unknown"

This started a couple days ago. All calls from non straight talk customers and non AT&T customers are coming in as unknown caller. Of course the straight talk customer service was of no help and said it was a phone problem not a service problem. Any one know anything about this? Any possible fixes or solutions? Thank you in advance!

Feedback Score
    PS I have the BYOP sim card from straight talk. Also I have searched apple forums and apple has told everyone this is a carrier issue.

Obviously I believe Apple over ST.

Now how to go about getting ST to believe its them and not my phone. Hmmm....

Feedback Score
    It's a provisioning problem from AT&T.
    My friend with AT&T postpaid had the same exact issue you're describing on incoming caller ID. AT&T tech support fixed it for him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyNY View Post
    It's a provisioning problem from AT&T.
    My friend with AT&T postpaid had the same exact issue you're describing on incoming caller ID. AT&T tech support fixed it for him.
    So if I contacted AT&T would they fix it for me even though I'm technically with ST? (Even though the service is AT&T's towers)

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePro14 View Post
    So if I contacted AT&T would they fix it for me even though I'm technically with ST? (Even though the service is AT&T's towers)
    contact st to fix problem,st will contact att.

Feedback Score
    So to follow up I contacted ST they were able to do an update on my caller ID. It worked for a day. (Perhaps even less) then it went back to being unknown caller from my friends with sprint or Verizon.

The frustrating part is then I was emailing with ST which was going well and they gave me a number to contact which eventually transferred me over to tracphone service department. They then proceed to tell me that other carriers such as Verizon or Sprint have not updated their caller ID features to match that of straight talk/AT&T. This obviously isn't true because not everyone is having the same problem.

One ST agent tells me to contact this number and they'll get it sorted with AT&T as mentioned before and I get transferred and they completely deny it.

Never had this problem before. It's just really annoying to not know who's calling when it's not AT&T/ST customer.

Where to go from here...

Feedback Score
    Still no luck. Countless calls to ST and they claim it is ATT problem or my Iphone problem but everything on their end is provisioned.

Feedback Score
    OP, try your sim in another phone, if it does the same thing in another device it is ATT, if it works fine in the other device it is your phone.

ST to IPhone http://goo.gl/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://goo.gl/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://goo.gl/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987