Thread: What is a straight talk byop cdma after deactivation(straight talk/verizon again?)

Feedback Score

What is a straight talk byop cdma after deactivation(straight talk/verizon again?)

hi i recently activated a verizon phone that was cheap to see if the straight talk byop cdma kit worked and it did !!! i had some minor issues because its set up better for new customers rather than current ones they activated my byop with a new number rather than using my current one. anyways i got my number ported to the new phone and my service too and it worked great. I recently upgraded to the byop that i really wanted and the first one is still on my account deactivated and says it can be activated i also noticed straight talk asigns the verizon phones with new serial numbers that are different from the verizon meid on the phone. Anyways not to drag this out my question is the first byop i activated thats on my account and says it can be re activated if i remove it from my account can someone else use the phone with the new assigned serial number to activate it on straight talk or will it be a verizon phone again?also before you activate the phone you register it so is that permanent ? i guess its basically the same question lol

Feedback Score
    If you can activate it with Verizon again please post back and let me know. No one has been able to tell the answer to that question. Verizon reps were split 50/50.

Feedback Score
    i checked the esn through verizon and its good for contract and prepaid so im guessing yes straight talk gives it one of their serial numbers after you register it they only use the original meid for registration im thinking if i can reativate it why cant someone else if i take it off my account i just want to know for sure before i do

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    of note do not sell the phone until you remove it from the web site.

Feedback Score
    one thing i thought of though is you have to do over the air programing before its activted to ST dialing *22890 so i dont know if that would be a issue going back to verizon

Feedback Score

serial number

in my question i said they assign you a serial number i believe it may be the decimal version of the hex verizon esn ST is using to identify the phone ive been unable to check the site has been down i just wanted to add that before people started thinking straight talks changing esn numbers!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggn16315 View Post
    one thing i thought of though is you have to do over the air programing before its activted to ST dialing *22890 so i dont know if that would be a issue going back to verizon
    I talked to Verizon and one rep said yes, you can bring it back and one said exactly what you are saying, and their system would not allow it back.

If you find out PLEASE post back here, if you can activate it on a Verizon line I would really like to know!

Feedback Score
    well I definitely found out straight talk is using the decimal version of the hex meid off the phone to identify it but if your talking to the Verizon reps and there saying its not over the air programmable back to Verizon I guess it answers my question that its a straight talk phone from activation onward.

Feedback Score

the answer i guess!!!????

so I got through to a ST BYOP dept person and they said the new owner would have to buy another cdma registration kit to activate it. I cant figure it out because if its on my account and says reactivate as an option can I even do that??? Or would I have to purchase a new registration card ? So many questions there site had been down for a few days hopefully they will have more info on the byop cdma subject when it comes back!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggn16315 View Post
    so I got through to a ST BYOP dept person and they said the new owner would have to buy another cdma registration kit to activate it. I cant figure it out because if its on my account and says reactivate as an option can I even do that??? Or would I have to purchase a new registration card ? So many questions there site had been down for a few days hopefully they will have more info on the byop cdma subject when it comes back!!!
    Well, since you already registered the phone on ST and it was assigned with a serial number (actually the decimal version of the verizon's meid hex) it will remain on the ST system, but without an account. If someone tries to reactivate it, it will work. What I don't know is if you would be able to use that phone as a Verizon phone again.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    iPhone
    HTC One V
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EntiendoNo_ View Post
    Well, since you already registered the phone on ST and it was assigned with a serial number (actually the decimal version of the verizon's meid hex) it will remain on the ST system, but without an account. If someone tries to reactivate it, it will work. What I don't know is if you would be able to use that phone as a Verizon phone again.
    You can still use it on Verizon as long as ESN is clean. I did this last week -- had an iPhone 4 registered on ST BYOD program (before they prohibited BYOD iPhones), took it off my account, and then registered it and activated it on a Verizon postpaid account (using the online My Account system on Verizon) simple and nothing to it.

Feedback Score
    Is just like pageplus, you can activate a verizon phone on pageplus but once you deactivated it, it can be used back on Verizon, or another pageplus number