Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando 4G C811 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Casio G'zOne Commando 4G C811 Release Thread

She has finally arrived. No sign of the extended battery or dock yet though. Hopefully the website isn't fully updated yet.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=6753

Name:  casio-gzone-commando-4G.png
Views: 12333
Size:  420.5 KB

Feedback Score
    that 99 price tag is tempting. I have an upgrade in 3 weeks. Hopefully this wont have the bugs that plagued the last commando.

Feedback Score
    I placed my order online just now. SO STUPID that Verizon has added the $30 upgrade fee. Bunch of BS. But, that being said, I'll keep you all informed on its performance once it arrives in 2 days. I also purchased the extended batter/bigger back plate which was $37 I think. Battery was rated at 2920mA I believe. Not to bad.

Feedback Score
    post pics of that back plate. hopefully it wont be obnoxiously huge like the one on the Boulder.

Feedback Score
    To get the extended battery or not? That is the question, for me anyways........

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rust9 View Post
    To get the extended battery or not? That is the question, for me anyways........
    Better to buy the extended battery and use it only when needed or after the standard one gives out. That's what I did with the Boulder.

Feedback Score
    I don't see where the extended battery is offered yet on Verizon's site. Where are you finding it at?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMHoward View Post
    I don't see where the extended battery is offered yet on Verizon's site. Where are you finding it at?
    A little hard to find since Verizon's site is about as good as their ability to manage product releases. I'd post the link but the forums won't allow it.

If you follow this path:
    Shop -> Accessories, View All -> By Device -> Commando 4G LTE -> All Accessories for: Casio® Commando 4G LTE, View All and you'll see it along with the charging cradle on the first page.
    Last edited by SteveClarkVT; 06-27-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Poor spacing.

Feedback Score
    i got mine today and it seems lots better than the original, but holy moly there are a lot of preloaded apps.

the $30 fee is bogus, if you call up and ***** and whine, i managed to get them to ship out the extended battery for free. the cradle is also on the website.

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce372 View Post
    i got mine today and it seems lots better than the original, but holy moly there are a lot of preloaded apps.
    Expected that. They seem to know that techies aren't the market and figure they can shove all the bull in our faces without pissing too many people off.

How is the camera, compared to both the original, as well as to other modern smartphones? Still a low quality travesty or markedly improved?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveClarkVT View Post
    Expected that. They seem to know that techies aren't the market and figure they can shove all the bull in our faces without pissing too many people off.
    I expected this too. anxiously waiting to see how soon we can root this thing. I am sure in rooted form it will do anything we want it to. If not the S4 active may make a verizon release eventually.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Ok, guys. Newbie here. I've been waiting for this phone for over 6 months now, as have you all. I am NOT a techie by any means. This forum seems to be the best out there as far as real information and helpful people. Most of the terms that are being thrown around, like Jelly Beans, Ice Cream Sandwiches, rooting, DPL, ISCA, Android, Snapdragon; I have no idea what you are talking about. But I have learned a few things and will keep plugging away.

One thing I don't understand is why everyone seems to think this phone is ugly!? I think it's the best looking one out there. All the rest look like slabs of black floor tile. This one has some splashes of color and silver accent as well as some angular lines the rest lack.

I'm a gold prospector and I am frequently out in the middle of nowhere exploring under some harsh conditions so I need the durability and reliability. I don't play games, listen to music, tweet, farcebook, or any of that other silly stuff on a phone. I make calls and text. But this is my first smartphone so hopefully the learning curve will be small.

I am pretty sure I will want to get rid of what you call, "bloatware". I have that on my AT&T Rugby and hate it. If I go through with this "rooting" thing, will that void the warranty?

Anyway, I look forward to getting some help here from the more experienced users. I'm going in to try it on Saturday. The small little local stores don't have it, so I've got to into town to the mall and play at the big boys store.

Digger Bob

Carrier(s)
    G'zOne Type-V
    Feedback Score
    I got mine XRAM there were only 2 at my store glad I showed up early. My head is spinning with android, gotta get to the gym so I can play all night

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast