Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando 4G C811 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Under the g'zone website link for this phone, go to usability tab, select detail and optional accessories. It says there is a wireless charging battery cover available.

Feedback Score
    Name:  9166429877_50371e0e9b_z.jpg
Views: 4338
Size:  293.8 KB

here is the extended battery

Feedback Score
    Name:  9166483037_21514c8c2f_z.jpg
Views: 3443
Size:  230.1 KB

not bad for 15 mins of b-itching at the verizon people about the $30 upgrade fee.

so far i really like the phone, so much better than the old commando....it makes me mad about how much junk is loaded, but there doesnt seem to be as much ruuning in the background though.

its about the same size as an iphone with a case, and woks just as well. i looked at the S4 active and its very flimsy- the back cover fell off in the store, so its only as waterproof as well as that cover fits!!!

this is the phone i always wanted in the 1st version. the samsung rugby looks nice, but the back cover doesnt have O-rings

Feedback Score
    not bad for 15 mins of b-itching at the verizon people about the $30 upgrade fee.

so far i really like the phone, so much better than the old commando....it makes me mad about how much junk is loaded, but there doesnt seem to be as much ruuning in the background though.

its about the same size as an iphone with a case, and woks just as well. i looked at the S4 active and its very flimsy- the back cover fell off in the store, so its only as waterproof as well as that cover fits!!!

this is the phone i always wanted in the 1st version. the samsung rugby looks nice, but the back cover doesnt have O-rings[/QUOTE]

Knowing Verizon, they're probably hiding running apps in 'running processes'. It would be interesting to see what a 3rd party task manager app from the Play Store shows running.

Feedback Score
    Hows the in call sound quality with the improved speakers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce372 View Post
    Name:  9166429877_50371e0e9b_z.jpg
Views: 4338
Size:  293.8 KB

here is the extended battery
    How much is the extended battery? They don't have them at the store yet but the guy said $50.

Feedback Score
    Is that picture with the extended battery on? It looks like it sticks out a bit, not flush. Is it a bit heavier with the bigger battery?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger Bob View Post
    How much is the extended battery? They don't have them at the store yet but the guy said $50.
    $37 online when I selected it after adding my phone to my cart... phone was $99, the Verizons stupid $30 upgrade fee... total was $167

Feedback Score
    Just registered to say a few words. First off, if you call Verizon and cry like a baby I got them to subtract the upgrade fee from my monthly payment (since they can't wave it). Wish I woulda known they'd send out the extended battery, that is definitely a better deal.

Alright, I've had my commando for a little over 2 years now and it has seen some serious punishment from spending 12hrs in a -10 degree freezer every night (somehow the battery always barely made it), to being strapped to a canoe that flipped and got sent down a mile of whitewater. The ONLY time I've ever been able to scratch the screen was while I was rock climbing and I put my full weight against it into granite, and they were still only minor and didn't affect function at all. I've rooted mine solely to remove all the bloatware, although I also run the cpu tuner app. Directly after rooting it, it would freeze and lock up every time I try to connect it to a computer. So un-rooting was not an option. Thankfully, this phone has been a damn tank and I haven't needed anything warranty-related. I love when I overhear people talking about getting a case for their phone and walking up and tossing my phone onto the ground and saying "or get one of these". Seriously, the thing sounds solid as a brick when you drop it. Anyway, I ordered the new commando because the first one has proven to be as good of an investment as every other "rugged" thing I buy to last. I don't care if the specs are outdated because it's better than what I have. The price is awesome and it is better than the original. Honestly all I want out of the new commando is a camera that can take pictures in the shade. Give me that and everything else is a bonus!

One question though; has anyone else had charging "issues" with theirs? It doesn't want to charge off of anything but a smartphone wall charger. Can't use an apple usb wall charger, car charger, etc. That was pretty inconvenient at times, won't lie. Hopefully the new one isn't power thirsty.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce372 View Post
    Name:  9166483037_21514c8c2f_z.jpg
Views: 3443
Size:  230.1 KB

this is the phone i always wanted in the 1st version. the samsung rugby looks nice, but the back cover doesnt have O-rings
    Thanks for that. I want to do the same, since the phone should have had the extended battery included... but I'm not necessarily a "*****y" person.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, charging via USB in my 2010 Chevy was very hit and miss. This new phone seems to charge betterin the truck

Feedback Score
    Oh yeah, I am not a b,itchy person either, but i don't expect to pay $30 for the privilege of being a customer after 11 years of loyalty and not missing a single payment

Feedback Score
    I was told by Verizon Tech Support that the Commando with the standard back will wirelessly charge with a NFC compatible wireless charger.
    Anyone out there able to try it?

Feedback Score
    I received mine today. First impressions is that I like it. It is much faster than the old commando and it hasn't crashed once (the old one crashed 4+ times per day).

To answer some questions about the dock- I ordered a dock with my new phone. I didn't have one with the old phone. The old phone will not work with the new dock as the connectors are slightly offset from the new phone's. It doesn't appear that the new phone will work with the old dock. Also, since the top of the new phone is less rounded off, I don't think that the new phone would physically fit in the old dock.

CJ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    I was told by Verizon Tech Support that the Commando with the standard back will wirelessly charge with a NFC compatible wireless charger.
    Anyone out there able to try it?
    That's good to hear. Based on this, I just ordered a Qi compatible charger on Amazon. I should get it Wednesday and will try it out.

CJ

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast