Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Casio G'zOne Commando 4G C811 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Which one did you order?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Which one did you order?
    The 1A version of this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CJ

Feedback Score
    Which one did you order?

Feedback Score
    Sorry, didn't see your reply. I didn't see where that charger was NFC compliant. I'm not sure that the Commando is Qi enabled.

Feedback Score
    ...okay...i have a few things to say here...i've been following this phone and the old thread that was started in October and never had the urge to post anything. i was one of those people who intentionally put my original commando through hell and back. intentionally ran it over with my rubicon's 35 inch tires at slow speeds and at hight speeds. intentionally froze it in a block of ice and purposely threw it against any surface to prove it's durability. i also have family/friends that have managed to damage the casio phones from things they claim were minor, which makes no sense to me, but i guess s*** happens. either way, the phone has proven to be one of the most durable things i have ever owned, when phones are said to be one of the most delicate things we carry on a day to day basis. once my first two phones looked like hell, i had replacements sent out and the freezing/restarting started to become one of the most frustrating things i've ever encountered in regards to a cell phone. in defense any other phone would have been destroyed by now, so you have to take the good with the bad. i see people on these forums complaining and crying on here about $30 for a dock and $50 for an extended battery. for those of you, i'd like to know how much you use your phone, how often you carry it, how much you rely on it. for most, your phone is relied on more than any other piece of electronics in your life and yet it costs a fraction of what a laptop costs. contracts exist because people are cheap and don't mind being controlled. if a computer can cost over a grand and get used/relied on nowhere near as much as a phone, why should they cost more? yes, i know everyone will have an answer/excuse but for most people, their phone is the one piece of equipment that is in their possession at all times. for $200 you can get the extended battery, and a wireless charging pad or dock. anyone that bought the original commando should know why they bought it. no matter how much better other specs are, most casio users are willing to accept a lack of specs replaced by durability. for everyone that complains about the verizon fees, especially the $30 upgrade fee (including myself at first) it's your own fault. we the people allow things to get to this point because we expect to underpay for a device that we rely on so much. yes, verizon takes advantage, but so do most companies out there. people complain and threaten to leave verizon...you're not going anywhere, they are the biggest and the best service. now that my rant is through, here; i ordered my commando 4g friday evening along with the extended battery, dock (which i received today), and the LG charging pad based on ratings and my own opinion. i'll be able to give my opinion and answer any questions tomorrow night or some time wednesday. phone, battery, LG pad are scheduled for tuesday delivery. i've gotten different answers on which wireless chargers will work and i'm willing to try the LG out. if i have to return or exchange it, i'll let you know. either way, like others in here have stated before, this phone is definitely a step up from the original commando. i am one of those people who would gladly pay more for better specs but that's not an option, so there's no point in me whining about it.

Feedback Score
    Paragraphs make posts so much easier to read.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post

Feedback Score
    sorry about that...typed it on my phone...i was under the ASSumption that most of us were capable of understanding what i was trying to say regardless of the format...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JerZ 5982 View Post
    sorry about that...typed it on my phone...i was under the ASSumption that most of us were capable of understanding what i was trying to say regardless of the format...
    Wont lie.... tl;dr.

Feedback Score
    ...i don't care who reads my post. some people MAY find it useful, some may not. i don't wait for others to test things out so that i can come to a decision. i purchase things and test them myself. i only posted for people interested in facts and answers. i do find it amusing that you would waste your time telling me that you didn't waste your time to read my post...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Sorry, didn't see your reply. I didn't see where that charger was NFC compliant. I'm not sure that the Commando is Qi enabled.
    I'm not sure either, but I thought that a Qi compatible charger had the best chance at working. I should know tomorrow! If it doesn't, I'll just return it.

CJ

Feedback Score
    this will be my first smartphone. i have experience with the iphone/itouch, but the droid os is new to me. any tips you guys may have on widgets/apps would be appreciated. and also, a list of good apps that are compatible for this phone? not sure if they have the same ones for ios/droid.

i plan to order it today. if the extended battery is discounted with the phone purchase ill pick that up as well.
    if you guys have any info on battery life as well, id like to know.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    One more thing the Commando is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by CJO4 View Post
    To answer some questions about the dock- I ordered a dock with my new phone. I didn't have one with the old phone. The old phone will not work with the new dock as the connectors are slightly offset from the new phone's. It doesn't appear that the new phone will work with the old dock. Also, since the top of the new phone is less rounded off, I don't think that the new phone would physically fit in the old dock.
    You've gotta be kidding me.

See, this is the entire reason I hate Apple. They make everything so proprietary, despite how overly priced it is for such unsophisticated hardware. Now I know I'll be taking a hacksaw and/or belt sander to my current Commando dock, because it's seriously just molded plastic with two metal leads in it.

Ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

After a few days of messing with this new phone, I gotta say I really am impressed. It's a huge improvement and runs super smooth. I was opening all kinds of stuff and still not a single hitch.

Things to note:
    - Can disable bloatware in Settings -> App Manager -> All which basically hides them from your app list and from ever randomly starting
    - Barometer is added to the G'zGear which also shows you where the pressure is trending to help predict weather
    - Lock screen has a built it compass that shows north so you dont have to unlock to view it when out hiking
    - Camera is quick & smooth with quite a few options & video recording is crisp
    - Has some cool new apps like built in FM Radio, Movie Studio video editor, and some cool new widgets
    - Glove Mode worked perfectly with a thick leather glove I used
    - First charge on the new battery after running it dry took about 6 hrs to fully charge, so hopefully that improves (i hear that's common for first few charges)
    - Built in browser is super fast so far and so was the 4G even with only 2 bars at my house. Google image search loaded in half a second with all pictures.
    - Alarm clock kinda sucks... has like 8 ringtones to choose from is all
    - Grouping Apps looks cooler now and you can also edit or group apps on the Task Bar that displays 4 spots on every main screen
    - G'zWorld was super accurate GPS wise and looks like a sweet feature for the adventurer
    - Battery save mode option when under 25% battery life

As I find more I'll try to make note of em, but I gotta say so far this phone is awesome! Everything I wanted & more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jown.iv View Post
    this will be my first smartphone. i have experience with the iphone/itouch, but the droid os is new to me. any tips you guys may have on widgets/apps would be appreciated. and also, a list of good apps that are compatible for this phone? not sure if they have the same ones for ios/droid.

i plan to order it today. if the extended battery is discounted with the phone purchase ill pick that up as well.
    if you guys have any info on battery life as well, id like to know.
    Coming from an iPhone, many things will be similar. Many of the same apps you had on the iPhone are available on Android. There are too many good apps out there to be able to give a good list. Maybe if you could give some categories or what you'd want to do, someone could help you out more.

Battery life is one thing that apple seems to do better than most others. I wouldn't expect you to get the same life as you are used to. However, unlike Apple, you can always get another battery or and extended battery and switch them out when you need.

CJ

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast