C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question MEID/ESN invalid

A while back I got a marvelous SCP 3810 "Mirro" by Sanyo/Kyocera, for use on PTel. It was/is Boost branded. Phone worked reasonably well but has an email client that would not connect. PTel would not help, declaring they never advertised it as having any email client.

So far so good, and PTel has moved to GSM. Now I thought I would try swapping the trusty Mirro into my Boost CDMA account where I currently have a Kyocera Coast. Only they declare MEID/ESN is invalid. Someone suggested checking the ESN and I find it to be clear.

How can it be invalid? They toast their own handsets, rendering them scrap? Does anyone have any ideas?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tszefr View Post
    A while back I got a marvelous SCP 3810 "Mirro" by Sanyo/Kyocera, for use on PTel. It was/is Boost branded. Phone worked reasonably well but has an email client that would not connect. PTel would not help, declaring they never advertised it as having any email client.

So far so good, and PTel has moved to GSM. Now I thought I would try swapping the trusty Mirro into my Boost CDMA account where I currently have a Kyocera Coast. Only they declare MEID/ESN is invalid. Someone suggested checking the ESN and I find it to be clear.

How can it be invalid? They toast their own handsets, rendering them scrap? Does anyone have any ideas?
    Invalid sounds like your puttin in a wrong number some where look closely, no reason if is a true boost phone for it not to work no they dont scrap their own phones as i have personally activated phones OLDER than the mirro...

Sent with the HoFo App

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy S3
    Galaxy S2
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile / Sprint
    Feedback Score
    When your phone's ESN/MEID was activated on the PTel network, Sprint migrated the ESN/MEID over to that network. It is no longer in Sprint's database, that is why you are getting the invalid message.

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happyjack View Post
    When your phone's ESN/MEID was activated on the PTel network, Sprint migrated the ESN/MEID over to that network. It is no longer in Sprint's database, that is why you are getting the invalid message.
    OK I guess that is what is going on. They migrated it to Sprint/PTEL "network" from Sprint/Boost "network." Of course those networks are one and the same so it is really a different section of probably one data base. This is one reason I detest CDMA: They can mess you around at will, in this case rendering a perfectly good phone inoperable even though customer paid for it in full.

Does anyone think it might be worth while asking Boost CS to activate their own Mirro?

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Sprint PrePaid: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/7.1.33553/30.3389; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/11.10)

Perhaps a replacement like the sanyo innuendo (on sale @ radio shack $19) would be a less troublesome option. . ... Seen the mirro @ walgreens ... Worth checking into ... Discounted pricing too if you like that form factor.
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 635 :: LG Optimus F3 :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post

Perhaps a replacement like the sanyo innuendo (on sale @ radio shack $19) would be a less troublesome option. . ... Seen the mirro @ walgreens ... Worth checking into ... Discounted pricing too if you like that form factor.
    The Innuendo is an excellent phone and that sale price is a steal.
    I got mine from the Shack 2 years ago on Black Friday for $39.99 and that was a great price back then.
    I still use it and have never had any problems at all with it.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using HowardForums
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Phones
    C510a, W610i
    W810i
    Nokia Shade
    Carriers
    AT&T-mobile;
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well I came close to dropping it in the recycle hopper but didn't do it and today we have Ringplus.

Yes your ESN is good, yes we will activate. Took some doing but they provided the MSL so I did not have to bust my butt to find it. And this evening the Mirro rides again! How much will work we don't know yet but the voice and text are good!

Recap: This mirro was issued by Boost, resold by PlatinumTel, abandoned, and finally successfully reactivated. Wheee!