Thread: LG 840g email issues

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Unhappy LG 840g email issues

I recently purchased the Tracfone LG 840g and love the phone. I'm having issues with the email app - I can receive emails but not send. My primary email is through Outlook/Office365 and have been using the settings suggested by the Outlook web app, and all variations of those settings.

I posted to the Tracfone forums and the response from a TF rep was to use MMS to do emails. That just isn't acceptable to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions or hints?

Feedback Score
    When I got my lg840g I went to google and signed up for a gmail account. It was easy to log in with my password the first time. Every time after that I just open up my email inbox and fresh emails automatically download...no password necessary.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I don't use Gmail, and that may be part of the problem.

Feedback Score
    Re: Gmail. Is there a way to use PUSH technology to have Gmails pushed to the LG840g automatically? I think you can only set up the LG840 with POP3 for Gmail. I'm clueless. PUSH works fine with my Road Runner email account.

Feedback Score
    I have the opposite problem on my LG 840G. I can send emails but can't receive them. If I click the button to check for new I get a "Login Failed!" message. My main email is Gmail but I don't see where to put in a password.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertudball View Post
    I have the opposite problem on my LG 840G. I can send emails but can't receive them. If I click the button to check for new I get a "Login Failed!" message. My main email is Gmail but I don't see where to put in a password.
    Under the Gmail account in Email on the LG 840G, you should be able to click the Gmail icon that shows up when you set up the Gmail account on the phone, then tap the menu (upper right corner) and select "account settings." In account settings there are fields for user name, password (for Gmail), email address (for Gmail) and Mailbox type (Pop3). If these are completed it should work; at least it does on my LG840g. Perhaps there are settings in your web Gmail account that aren't set up properly for POP3 (I have IMPA disabled) ???
    Last edited by jpmccormac; 10-17-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: add more info.

Feedback Score
    I changed to a POP3 and disabled IMPA but it still won't "find" the test email I sent my gmail address from my AOL address. After I made another change, the phone downloaded about 25 emails from late July and early August but nothing more recent. Now I'm REALLY confused. I'd really like to compare all the phone email settings (for a gmail account) including "advanced" with someone whose 840g is sending and receiving email. So confusing.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone whose LG840G email function can receive emails please jot down all of your settings (without email addresses of course) so I can try to get mine to work? I can send but not receive.

Feedback Score
    TracfoneLG 840g Mac email acct, will not open emails . just freezes , have to take battery out and put back in to get phone to work. LG and tracfone offer no support on what to do.

Feedback Score
    I received a note from TracFone stating, more or less, that they do/will not support the default email client app that comes with the LG840G.

For Gmail to work properly with the default email client app, it appears that IMAP4 protocol is required. Apparently, this is not and will not be supported by TracFone.

The only workaround I've found is to use the browser app to access your email account.

I suspect that any email account requiring IMAP4 protocol will not work using the default email client app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmccormac View Post
    Re: Gmail. Is there a way to use PUSH technology to have Gmails pushed to the LG840g automatically? I think you can only set up the LG840 with POP3 for Gmail. I'm clueless. PUSH works fine with my Road Runner email account.
    How did you set up your roadrunner account? My login fails for san.rr.com and the head of my IT department at a law school says it is because of authentication issues. If you have a work around, PLEASE send it. Thanks so much