Thread: Unlock Telus Samsung Galaxy S3 to Koodo HELP

Feedback Score

Unlock Telus Samsung Galaxy S3 to Koodo HELP

I have a sgh-i747 Samsung galaxy S3 i brought it to koodo and was told it was a compatible phone with the company when unlocked. The problem/question i have is When i insert my new simcard the screen will not display any prompt to input a unlock code. It just says emergency calls only or unregistered sim. I inserted my sim card into another s3 same model, software versions, different provider, and the phone asked for the unlock code right when powered on. So i tried and flashed a new firmware but its doing the same thing.

I called koodo and they gave me instructions to create a new apn of Koodo SP it did not make my phone prompt me for an unlock code.

When i send an email to any website about unlocking my phone they advice me not to purchase there product if my phones not prompting me for a unlock code that will it more then likely not work.

I've seen methods online of using these to input an unlock code "#0111*UNLOCKCODE#" or "#7465625*638*UNLOCKCODE#" but when i tell the unlock website this information this still tell me not to purchase there product and i mean many numerous websites. I do not want to buy an unlock code only to try to input it with these methods and have it not work. Which i highly dought it would because the normal 7465625 command doesnt work either.

I also tried this factory unlock and it did nothing ww.youtube.com/watch?v=f1hzeBEeO_k (add a w)

PLEASE HELP!?!?

Phone
    HTC One (PN07120)
    Feedback Score
    What they're trying to tell you is the phone has probably had too many failed unlock attempts, and can't be unlocked by code any more. It might still be possible by one of the software hack methods, but I don't honestly know.

Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I have the exact same issue with my Galaxy S3; it does not prompt to enter the network unlock code when I insert a foreign SIM. I've been searching for a solution online and there are multiple posts on androidcentral and xda-developers with others who are experiencing the same issue. I've tried all the methods you mentioned and none of them work. I am on android version 4.1.2; and there are some people reporting that the phone should be flashed back to 4.1.1 to be able to unlock it. It isn't due to the phone having too many unsuccessful unlock attempts; I know my phone has never been unlocked or attempted. Hope someone can offer some input

Feedback Score
    I actually began with 4.1.1 version and it didnt work, but my friends phone had the same version 4.1.1 with bell carrier and it did prompt me for unlock code with my sim i've been trying to unlock with. I flashed a different version of 4.1.1 and even rooted it and tried galaxsim and all other unlock apps, im just stuck with a plan on i cant use its unfortunate, im going to go see if a celtell wireless can unlock it for me if i explain the issue. I was confused also because my phone 3 months old and just switched off telus carrier and i never once entered an unlock code either. Also theres an APN network i was informed to add corresponding to my network by Koodo SP and a couple different setting on it but it did not change anything either.