Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sprint Lte Coverage Fremont/Newark CA?

Feedback Score
    I still have not chosen :-) I'm on vacation with my family at the moment till Saturday so I have all next week to think about it. I still just don't know. The only things I can go by is..

1. I had Sprint about a year ago and it was dreadful slow, worse then dial up. But that was a year ago.
    2. I have been trying TMobile pre paid for the last week or so. And its dam fast. I'm not getting lte but I am getting hspa+ 42 I get about 13MB down and 2MB up with a 60MS ping time. But that is only at my house area. If I go say to the mall I have almost no signal.

So like some have said, each carrier has its good and bad points. I know with At&t I get fast speed and perfect coverage not matter where I go. But you pay twice as much too. I JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT TO GET!

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma96 View Post
    I still have not chosen :-) I'm on vacation with my family at the moment till Saturday so I have all next week to think about it. I still just don't know. The only things I can go by is..

1. I had Sprint about a year ago and it was dreadful slow, worse then dial up. But that was a year ago.
    2. I have been trying TMobile pre paid for the last week or so. And its dam fast. I'm not getting lte but I am getting hspa+ 42 I get about 13MB down and 2MB up with a 60MS ping time. But that is only at my house area. If I go say to the mall I have almost no signal.

So like some have said, each carrier has its good and bad points. I know with At&t I get fast speed and perfect coverage not matter where I go. But you pay twice as much too. I JUST DON"T KNOW WHAT TO GET!
    If AT&T is really good for you, and you can live with limited data. consider that 3 AT&T gophone accounts will run you $180/month, each with unlimited voice/SMS and 2GB of data. If you are careful about where and when you buy the refills, you could get 10% off, and pay no additional taxes.

Either that or an AT&T mobile share plan with a 6GB bucket of data for 3 smartphones. How does that price out? Looks like $195/mo plus taxes and fees $90+35x3)

Is that really twice as much as Sprint or T-Mobile? How much data do you really need?
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Phone
    LG G3
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

A thought would be to get a Sprint phone to try out the service in the areas you will go. In that area you should see LTE but it will likely be spotty until the majority of sites are upgraded. All sites are going to be upgraded so if they will get to the site you connect to is not an issue it is more of when. You may also look over at s4gru for information on that area.

Feedback Score
    OK so say LTE is their and I get good speed. What happens when its not their. I've heard Sprints 3g is horrible speed wise and I would be lucky to get even 1-2MB's down. Some people are saying Tmoblies 3G which is actually hspa+ 42 is like 15-20 megs down. For a legacy network that speed is awesome. Is Sprints as good?

Phones
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Mogul
    Blackberry 8830
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Limitation of the technology. Evdo rev. A has a theoretical maximum download speed of 3.1 Mbps. HSPA+ is simply a faster technology no if, ands or buts about it. Outside of their 3G/4G coverage I think that you may have a better chance of having 3G coverage with Sprint, but it really depends on how far out of city limits you go and how often.

Sent with the HoFo App
    Thrill me...

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    OK so say LTE is their and I get good speed. What happens when its not their. I've heard Sprints 3g is horrible speed wise and I would be lucky to get even 1-2MB's down. Some people are saying Tmoblies 3G which is actually hspa+ 42 is like 15-20 megs down. For a legacy network that speed is awesome. Is Sprints as good?
    You could just try Sprint. You have a trial period in which you can return the devices ETF-free. Maybe just try it with one phone. Check whether it works well where you live, work, shop, etc. before porting your numbers.

My general experience with T-Mobile HSPA+42 is that download speeds of 5Mbps-10Mbps are more typical, at least in my area. I have seen speeds over 15Mbps, but that isn't very common for me.

Phone
    iPhone 6 128GB (Verizon Version) on Cricket
    Carrier
    Sprint & Cricket
    Feedback Score
    It all depends if you want to have fast data or more likely to have a connection in most places.

With T-Mobile if your phone cant get a signal from them you will be out of service even if there is an AT&T tower next to you since they don't provide in-market roaming.

With Sprint you might not have a fast connection on 3G all the time but you are most likely to have a connection at least for voice and slow Internet. They have in-market roaming, which here in their partners are Metro and Verizon and Cricket in the Valley, Golden State Cellular n the Sierra Nevada and Yosemite where even Verizon doesn't have their own towers.

I carry both AT&T and Sprint iPhones and usually have faster internet with AT&T but service in more places with Sprint.

My job requires me to do a lot of driving(about 20k per year) here on the Bay, up to Yuba City and all the way south by Fresno. Plus i have tested their services on trips to San Diego, LA, Vegas, WA State.

My recommendation will be to get a sprint LTE phone, test it at the places you use it the most, load a PRL that gives you Verizon 3G roaming for whenever your out of Sprint and download an app called Roam Control if it is an android which the app allows you to force your phone into roaming in case you are in an area with poor Sprint Service.

I been with Sprint for 13 years and tested all major carriers and none of the, is perfect.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2