Thread: S voice repalcement on Verizon galaxy S4 is it possible?

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    verizon, sprint along time ago
    Feedback Score

Unhappy S voice repalcement on Verizon galaxy S4 is it possible?

Ok got the Galaxy S4 on Verizon it a would be a A+ grade phone if it were not for the F- grade built in S Voice app for voice command calling. I got late 1990's flip phones with better voice command accuracy than Galaxy S4. Is the Verizon version of S voice pictorially screwed up or is it equally bad on all carriers ? And worse yet there seems to be NO way of turning off S voice and replacing it with a functional application ( free or payed) that would return the phone to at least a year 1999 standard of voice dialing . Right now this oh so import feature but extremely crippled on this is seriously making thinking of going back to my old droid rarz maxx and selling the S4 on ebay or amazon . I done a lot of searching on Google but none of S voice cures seem to work for Verizon's Samsung S4. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Bob S.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You can try Voice Search app should be preinstalled. Headset might help.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok got it but is there away to make Voice Search the default voice command app for my Bluetooth hands free calling . That's what I desperately need improved. It seems even with Samsung's S Voice deactivated it c#ck blocks any other app from one touch control of Bluetooth headsets for voice dailing. My old droid razr maxx I could sync my Motorola h730 headset , push the talk button , hear "please say a command" and say "call jack mobile" and it would dial his phone number correctly 98% of the time . Sh*t Voice gets it wrong 99% of the time and the 1% of the time it gets it right , if you don't say YES fast enough (or even if you do Sh*t Voice doesnt understand you) it cancels the call?????? What the hell???? How could samsung screw this up so bad and not give the owner the option to replace their god awful program? I just want basic Bluetooth headset voice command dialing that I have had on every cell phone since 2000 is that difficult? Oh wait all those phones were LG's or Motorola's I think I know the problem I bought the phone from Samsung.

Device(s)
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Useless but I disabled S Voice. Samsung is using Vlingo which I don't find too great. The phone then defaulted to Google Voice Dialing which wasn't too hot either.

Better, I downloaded Dragon by Nuance. Nuance was on all Verizon's feature phones and on your Droid Razr Maxx. It doesn't seem to work as well as it does on feature phones but best I've found so far.

Let me know as I'm like you; bluetooth voice dialing is essential and inaccuracy is enough to go postal.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    LG Env Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok S vocie is still very sluggish to respond but I have had a 85% increase in accuracy by changing the BT headsets from h730 to the older Motorola h720? What so annoying is you have to reconfirm the correct phn # with a yes command which if it is a 1/1000 too slow for S voice it will still cancel the call. But S voice response to yes command is so SLOW I find myself almost shouting yes two or more times to make sure it does not cancel the call. Its working better but still not up to the standard of my year 2000 flip phone (which was a Motorola btw)

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Anyone put the update on yet? If so did it address this issue?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is not an answer, but it may be part of an answer. This morning, I tried to voice dial (Galaxy S4 Verizon) via bluetooth. The action stopped. I was stopped at a traffic light (yeah, I know I was still illegal at that point). So I checked the phon. It wanted o know which text-to-voice service I wanted. Choices were s-voice or Google Now. I don't know why it was asking, since it had been set up sometime before. Regardless, in my fumbling around, I selected S-Voice and Always (Darn!). The phone then showed a message that said I could change this by going to defaults and ... (I dont know what else it said - the light changed and I put the phone away). S-voice was a poor choice. And of course, I cannot find the place to change what is now the default. But theoretically, there is some phone setting that can be changed. I will continue to search.

Device(s)
    HTC Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I found a work around for this on XDA-developers. Installing Bluetooth Launcher lets you associate any app to the button push of a Bluetooth headset. Details there.

via the HoFo App