Thread: clearwire Best Deal On the Market goodbye comcast

Feedback Score

Smile clearwire Best Deal On the Market goodbye comcast

I was so afraid to disconnect Comcast Tv/ Internet Broadband, but dealing with their "Save Team"was a joke and they outright lied. My old Xp pro works very very well with the Clearwire atlas stck plug in usb configured and I get faster speeds than I had with Comcast..i can see why Sprint tried to buy them They have great custiomer service and deals that have saved me 460.00 a month I love Clearwire

Device(s)
    Sonim XP5 - Nexus 7 2013 tablet
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sprint has purchased them. The buyout was approved by shareholders today.

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I bet you can see a tower near your house somewhere close - - your lucky. Especially with a USB stick.

Clear really does have great service--if your within a few blocks of the tower it gives cable and particularly DSL a run for their money.

The issue is the signal degrades quickly... You can see 12 - 15 megs with 4 bars, but it drops 3-4 megs for every signal bar lost--and they go quickly, especially indoors.

If Clear would have offered an outdoor antenna you could mount on your house and aim at your closest tower, it would have solved a LOT of the issues.

Now that Sprint has bought Clear, it will be interesting to see what they do to the existing service... I'm sure a transfer to an LTE device will be in your future.. No use keeping WiMax and LTE on at the same time if they don't have to (plus LTE at 1900 and 800 will help coverage immensely)

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_3; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.16 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/533.16)

The only concern is usage. I used to make 100+GB when using it as home internet.
    The problem is outgoing speed isn't good with home modem (merely 1Mbps compared with 25Mbps with Optimum), but I still keep the mobile hotspot because it's 100% unlimited.
    If it's no longer unlimited, I will be gone for good.

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NGeorge View Post
    I bet you can see a tower near your house somewhere close - - your lucky. Especially with a USB stick.

Clear really does have great service--if your within a few blocks of the tower it gives cable and particularly DSL a run for their money.

The issue is the signal degrades quickly... You can see 12 - 15 megs with 4 bars, but it drops 3-4 megs for every signal bar lost--and they go quickly, especially indoors.

If Clear would have offered an outdoor antenna you could mount on your house and aim at your closest tower, it would have solved a LOT of the issues.

Now that Sprint has bought Clear, it will be interesting to see what they do to the existing service... I'm sure a transfer to an LTE device will be in your future.. No use keeping WiMax and LTE on at the same time if they don't have to (plus LTE at 1900 and 800 will help coverage immensely)
    - It is a shame they never did but others do/did. https://www.youtube.com/user/ninoriff2/videos

- When I was in Portland at my place with 1-2 bars saw 10Mbps +/-. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...4#post14726404

- According to Robert aka 'S4GRU', the new replacement LTE service on 2.5GHz is noticeably better compared to WiMAX in terms of signal strength. More bandwidth makes it much faster as well. http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...E-in-Denver-CO