Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No MMS with new apn settings (tfdata)

Carrier
    STRAIGHT TALK
    Feedback Score

No MMS with new apn settings (tfdata)

Hey guys and gals, New guy here. I have been using straight talk with an AT&T BYOP sim for about 6 months. About 2 months ago my data stopped working completely. I called ST customer service and they reset something and my data started working again.(this was on the first day of a my billing cycle) Everything worked fine until exactly 1 month later and no data. So i put in the new apn settings found on the ST website and my data works but no MMS. I have tried every apn settings i could find online and none have worked to get MMS functional. any help would be appreciated.

Phone
    iPhone 5C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    This is why ill be switching gophone , no more data or mms issues , no more sim swaps and no more messing with APN settings

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCard82 View Post
    This is why ill be switching gophone , no more data or mms issues , no more sim swaps and no more messing with APN settings
    I think you won't be disappointed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Phone
    iPhone 5C
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    I think you won't be disappointed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
    Just need the money to buy the phone lol $649 not including tax or apple care

Carrier
    STRAIGHT TALK
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, that's probably my next step but I kind of like straight talk for what it is and the price.If I can't get mms working that's probably what I'll end up doing also.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I am currently having issues with Straight Talk BYOP and lack of data and MMS service. I have been contacted by Straight Talks resolution team but no joy at this point in time. I feel sure the issue can be resolved but Straight Talk has done some different configurations with this tfdata setup and it would not appear to be working very smoothly. They need to invest in some good technical backup or they are going to start to bleed customers with bad press.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    bad press does not brother them, they gets lots of it

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Just need the money to buy the phone lol $649 not including tax or apple care
    is this an att branded phone you are using with st byod.if so then there have been several treads on this issue.the sim swap method is the only iphones that are effected.due to a carrier update that att is doing.

Carrier
    STRAIGHT TALK
    Feedback Score
    I am currently using a nexus 4.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the mms problem reaches many many people now. if you have the right settings in place there is nothing more to do other than to resolve to send pictures by email. you are saving a few bucks. they must be saving a few bucks not delivering the mms service. its a shame. maybe try calling tracfone. i guess you have looked for mis spellings, spaces etc that are notsuppose to be there in the settings

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    There is a fix for the MMS. Don't use the ones on their website. Use the APN: TFDATA and MMSC is http://mmsc.Cingular.com and then mms2.tracfone.com and port 80. Their mmsc on their website causes problems with receiving and sending MMS to and from AT&T customers. Worked immediately for me.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    STRAIGHT TALK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help guys. I got fed up with ST and ported over to ATT GP.

Feedback Score
    After reading this thread, and some of the others, I wonder if these problems are not intentional on ATTs part.
    That they know who is coming from ST or other MVNOs and are intentionally mucking with their service to tick them off.
    The new prepaid package is 60.00 with unlimited talk, text and two gigs of data.
    Many people will pay the extra 15 to 20 depending on tax to get their MMS and data and not have to mess with STs crappy customer service.
    ATT knows this and is probably jerking people around. Particularly people who ported out and ATT can still see their old number in use. A crappy way of getting those customers back, but ATT as we know, knows no boundaries as to how low they will stoop to get that dollar out of your pocket.
    We all know that ST as a service could be much better, but it seems to me that things with ST/ ATT service really went south with the Dustup between ATT and ST a few months back. Seems to me a lot of these new problems started then, and if that timing is correct I wonder how likely it is that ATT had these lower rate plans in the works and started futtsing with the MVNOs or maybe just ST to make life and service difficult for the customers to get them to jump ship back to ATT.

Just a thought.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFoneFan View Post
    After reading this thread, and some of the others, I wonder if these problems are not intentional on ATTs part.
    That they know who is coming from ST or other MVNOs and are intentionally mucking with their service to tick them off.
    The new prepaid package is 60.00 with unlimited talk, text and two gigs of data.
    Many people will pay the extra 15 to 20 depending on tax to get their MMS and data and not have to mess with STs crappy customer service.
    ATT knows this and is probably jerking people around. Particularly people who ported out and ATT can still see their old number in use. A crappy way of getting those customers back, but ATT as we know, knows no boundaries as to how low they will stoop to get that dollar out of your pocket.
    We all know that ST as a service could be much better, but it seems to me that things with ST/ ATT service really went south with the Dustup between ATT and ST a few months back. Seems to me a lot of these new problems started then, and if that timing is correct I wonder how likely it is that ATT had these lower rate plans in the works and started futtsing with the MVNOs or maybe just ST to make life and service difficult for the customers to get them to jump ship back to ATT.

Just a thought.

yes just think about it.who was the biggest jumpers from att post pay to st.the guys with the iphones.you notice the apn thing is not effecting androids.att had found a way to kill the iphone st/byod.att is reading these forums and busting a gut from laughing so hard.

the deathstar has stuck back.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    the death star stuck to what?

the poster here was using a n4 which is an android. i think straight talk is simply being worthless and not being clear about the correct apn to use. plus when the issue is on a iphone it has had issues from day one when using it outside of att. the iphone issue is not new

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast