Telus say "OECD confirms Canadians pay competitive wireless prices"

Here's tweet.

Name:  TelusO.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  13.7 KB

Here's a link to the executive summary of that report:

http://www.oecdepublishing.org/multi...13-sum-en.html

Here's snip of the summary
    A laptop‑based wireless broadband basket (offers within the 500 MB per month range) cost USD 13.04 on average across the OECD in PPP terms, although it reached USD 30 in some countries. Average expenditure was USD 37.15 for a 10 GB basket. A 250 MB tablet package cost USD 11.02 per month on average. A 5 GB basket for tablets cost USD 24.74 on average, but varied from USD 7.98 (Finland) to USD 61.84 (New Zealand).
    Um, so does Telus do price matching? I just need the average not the $7.98 Finland charges for 5GB.

Does "competitive" just mean "we don't charge the highest price of any country in the world"?
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Wireless penetration:

Name:  Wirelesspenetration.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  62.5 KB

ARPU:
    Name:  ARPU.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  55.0 KB

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I almost feel like either moving to Saskatchewan to take advantage of Sasktels unlimited everything including data for 15 more bucks than I'm paying Telus, or just using Sasktel in Alberta. Seems hard for companies to be able to justify saying we have the best networks in the world, when LTE isn't really that built up, yet in the US there is LTE all over. Heck there is tons more LTE in the states than Canada. Alberta had a HSPA network pretty much province wide within the first year with Telus. There is still definite gaps even in Calgary. I wouldn't be so angry about plans if the carriers didn't nickel and dime us so much. Oh so you want caller ID? 8 bucks a month. Texting to the States from Canada? Nah lets through in a charge and hide it deep within the online billing in the PDF format. I bet most people don't open up the PDFs or saw the notice. Telus called my parents house and was trying to sell me on internet after sending tons of ads out about internet. My one question after the rep tells me how much faster it is, can provide internet for multiple devices etc- how much a data bucket do they get? The log I have setup states my parents and brother use on a monthly average of 150-200 GBs of bandwidth on the home (rural WiMax) internet. The biggest they could give them was 6 GBs. Pitiful.

My biggest question for Telus is how can they let Sasktel subscribers have unlimited use on their network when we all have data caps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lol if you use unlimited data on telus/bell network from a sasktel account... You will receive a little letter for abuse... Check your TOS

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hmm browsed the TOS must not have saw this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Interesting, Canada has one of the highest investment rates (per capita) in communications. That's a good sign.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    Looks like dropping to 4th place in ARPU isn't good enough for Telus. Shame on WIND/Mobilicity/Videotron/Mobilicity. Telus will bring us back to first place again with their new price plans. #1! #1! #1!