Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: New Phones for Tracfone in 2013

Feedback Score

New Phones for Tracfone in 2013

Are there any new tracfones coming out. Usually in july or august there new phones come out or at least some one post on a forum somewhere that new tracfones will be coming out soon with the type and gsm or cdma. But no one this year has posted any info online about any new phones coming out and asking on tracfones facebook page gets you nothing other than the usual "we will let everyone know when a new phone is coming out blah blah blah". I buy a new phone twice a year now and my current(505c) has got to be the one of the worst touch screen phones I've used and am considering going back to my 380c. Somebody by this time usually finds info on the FCC website about new phones being made for tracfone, but no info like that has been posted this year.

Feedback Score
    I have been wondering the same thing.I would love for them to come out with a CDMA version of the LG840.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see a bigger version of the 505c with wifi and 3g. I gotta have have a slider qwerty, can't stand the virtual type. Or even like the 380c with wifi and 3g. Also wished companies would offer java apps instead of having to have a smartfone, it's unfair.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see a bigger version of the 505c with wifi and 3g. I gotta have have a slider qwerty, can't stand the virtual type. Or even like the 380c with wifi and 3g. Also wished companies would offer java apps instead of having to have a smartfone, it's unfair.

Feedback Score
    SORRY, there was a problem posting my reply, kept getting (server not available)

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    Only thing I have see lately is the Huawei h110c. A simple bar phone with no camera or Bluetooth.

Sent with the HoFo App
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yobry1 View Post
    They already have that. It's two androids one called the LG Optimus Q which runs sprint. It's another one called the LG Optimus Zip that runs on Verizon. You can activate on ST or Net10.

They are both based on the LG Enlighten by Verizon or LG Optimus Slider by Virgin Mobile. I use the Enlighten. I bought it for $35 brand new on Ebay and use it on Verizon's $60 smartphone plan.
    I Am Perfection
    -Jarrett178

Phone
    S390G LG500G T404G T301G V170
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
    They already have that. It's two androids one called the LG Optimus Q which runs sprint. It's another one called the LG Optimus Zip that runs on Verizon. You can activate on ST or Net10.
    No, they don't. The devices are for ST and Net10, not TracFone. And they require expensive, unlimited monthly plans, not pay-as-you-go TracFone airtime.

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    No, they don't. The devices are for ST and Net10, not TracFone. And they require expensive, unlimited monthly plans, not pay-as-you-go TracFone airtime.
    I'm not bashing I just don't see why Tracfone would introduce a 3G, wifi, Android phone when they have those same types of phones on Net10 and ST.

I've never heard of a 3G Pay as you go Android either. It is not practical. $45 a month is not expensive and you can get spartphone plans for as low as $30 with T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not bashing I just don't see why Tracfone would introduce a 3G, wifi, Android phone when they have those same types of phones on Net10 and ST.
    Well, the poster didn't ask for an Android. You did that.

They want a slider out keyboard with 3G and wi-fi.
    TF has 3G and wi-fi (the LG840G and S390G), but they don't have slide out keyboards yet.

The LG505C mentioned has a slide out keyboard, but no wi-fi and not 3G.
    The S380C is similar to the S390G, so I assume the poster wants CDMA.
    The S425G has a slide out keyboard, and 3G, but not wi-fi (and it's not CDMA either)

I've never heard of a 3G Pay as you go Android either. It is not practical. $45 a month is not expensive
    Compared to $100/year (what I pay for my TF) $45/mo is near 6 times the price.

And, there are pay-as-you go options, just not from the AM.

PagePlus (CDMA) and Airvoice (GSM) offer pay-as-you-go options that can be used on Androids.

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, the poster didn't ask for an Android. You did that.

They want a slider out keyboard with 3G and wi-fi.
    TF has 3G and wi-fi (the LG804G and S390G), but none of them have slide out keyboards yet.

Compared to $100/year (what I pay for my TF) $45/mo is near 6 times the price.

And, there are pay-as-you go options, just not from the AM.

PagePlus (CDMA) and Airvoice (GSM) offer pay-as-you-go options that can be used on Androids.
    You are not going to be able to find a slide out 3G phone with Wi-Fi that does not have android. I'm not going to argue with you. This is not 2007.

BTW Page Plus is more expensive than Straight Talk.

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    You are not going to be able to find a slide out 3G phone with Wi-Fi that does not have android. I'm not going to argue with you. This is not 2007.
    Maybe not, but that's what the poster was asking/wishing for.

I didn't think we'd see phones like the LG505C, LG840G, S390G, or S425G either.
    Have you seen the LG505C or the S425G?

Lots of J2ME devices made for non-US markets, especially India. The devices probably exist. Just up to TF to decide to get them.
    That's how we got the recent additions.

BTW Page Plus is more expensive than Straight Talk.
    But they have pay-as-you-go options that work with Androids while ST does not (you must use the unlimited plan for Androids).
    Like 416 minutes for $25 (good for 120 days), or 2000 minutes for $80 (good for a year).

Phone
    Carrier
    TracFone (AT&T SIM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yobry1 View Post
    Yobry, do you have to have CDMA?

The S390G is basically a GSM version of the S380C and has wi-fi and 3G.

Feedback Score
    I like my 505c great for talk and text and that is all I expect out of my tracfone. Data access on any tracfone, pathetic
    The godawful user interface and what would be considered an O/S for 3G or WiFi makes one wonder why you would even bother with it and the cost to use 3G is prohibitive. PPC using android would be the way to go, too bad you can still only bring over a limited number of antiquated out of the box devices.

Phone
    LG Enlighten
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Maybe not, but that's what the poster was asking/wishing for.

I didn't think we'd see phones like the LG505C, LG840G, S390G, or S425G either.
    Have you seen the LG505C or the S425G?
    The LG 505C is just a re-branded LG Cosmos Touch which was released for Verizon Wireless in Feb and March of 2011. When was the 505C released again?

Yes I have seen the 505C. My cousin has the same phone.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast