Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Straight talk vs ATT Go Phone

Feedback Score

Question Straight talk vs ATT Go Phone

I am using a Verizon Note 2 on straight talk on AT&T and I see of alot of people telling people to jump ship to the Go phone Prepaid but don't you loose the TMobile roaming? What about the NET10 BYOD Plan? are you still allowed to roam on TMobile? I live in northern Iowa and AT&T isn't very good in most places and TMobile is far worse. but together I am get service in most area's.

Phone
    Atrix/Skyrocket/R455C/Samsung Jack
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    you should look at the corporate att coverage map. do you see your ST phone roaming? Or is this something you believe happens. the att map should be helpful. thats most important

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by qquag View Post
    I am using a Verizon Note 2 on straight talk on AT&T and I see of alot of people telling people to jump ship to the Go phone Prepaid but don't you loose the TMobile roaming? What about the NET10 BYOD Plan? are you still allowed to roam on TMobile? I live in northern Iowa and AT&T isn't very good in most places and TMobile is far worse. but together I am get service in most area's.
    gophone coverage is native AT&T coverage only no roaming except for canada and new mexico. net10 you are allowed to roam.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No roaming with the AT&T new $60 Gophone ! If this is the case then there is indeed another reason not to "Jump ship" from Straight Talk. These carriers are sure slick with their products !

Carrier
    Aio Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcess View Post
    No roaming with the AT&T new $60 Gophone ! If this is the case then there is indeed another reason not to "Jump ship" from Straight Talk. These carriers are sure slick with their products !

At&t claims limited off network domestic roaming but doesn't give details.

Sent with the HoFo App

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    people imagine roaming like a monkey endlessly swinging from tree to tree. oh heres a tmobile signal back to att. it does not work like that but many think it does and place great everyday importance on it.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim-of-NC View Post
    At&t claims limited off network domestic roaming but doesn't give details.

Sent with the HoFo App
    only to dial 911

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale-b View Post
    people imagine roaming like a monkey endlessly swinging from tree to tree. oh heres a tmobile signal back to att. it does not work like that but many think it does and place great everyday importance on it.
    to some talk and text roaming is very inportant.in the big city i can see the issue.buildings blocking towers out.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So far as I can see AT&T didn't like the deal they made with Straight Talk and are trying as best they can to get out of it. What with all the MMS issues and trials and tribulations people here seem to have had with their APN's.

Straight Talk was the most reasonable service you could get using the big boys networks. It just appalls me how you are so ripped off in the US with these wireless carriers. I do understand they have infrastructure costs but the charges for service are ridiculous.

It's time for an ombudsman, who would be able to curtail their practices and get a better deal for the consumers.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I like ST with Verizon. The coverage is great. They just need more choice of good phones for reasonable prices. Some are jumping to AT&T Go Phone and slamming ST. I think a lot of them who leave just want a change and a new phone. Thus they justify their choice.

Phones
    Nokia E71
    Nokia E71
    Iphone 3g
    Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    well the onlyones realy having any issues is iphone users and the mms for iphones is not supported by st.

you go buy a st branded phone you wont have any issues with mms or apns.

besides on the st/gsm byod the apn setting is the ops problem not st. it is up to the end user to comfigure his or her phone correcty because st will give little to no support.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I tried straight talk until the data cut off and throttling started. Went to Net10 but got tired of their APN MMS problems. So I went with AT&T LTE $60 plan with 2GB data with additional Gigs costing $10 a pop. Yes its more but its more reliable. I know my limitations.

Pros:
    AT&T in store customer service.
    In plain view limitations and restrictions.
    Options to expand data if needed.
    Reliable services,MMS mostly.
    LTE access.
    And a sense of comfort knowing I have a proper cell phone provider.

Cons of Net10/Straight talk
    Helpless CS. Shouldn't have to depend on Facebook to get better, time consuming support. I don't have days to get a problem fixed.
    Unreliable services, flakely data and MMS support.
    MMS is considered data services and not a TEXT feature so if you get data cut off, bye bye MMS.

But its on a consume basis what works for you and what doesn't.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    iphones are too expensive for most ST customers. ST Android phones are lousy. ST needs to offer some phones which are good values. Like the Lumia 520 or Galaxy Express. If Verizon comes out with a $60 plan similar to Go Phone with similar phones I'd be tempted to jump to Verizon.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    many people defend straight talk like its their sister and ingore the pain others have and accuse them of slamming their beloved. the cons are real.

Phone
    Carrier
    GoPhone LTE
    Feedback Score
    verizon has a $60 plan with 2 gigs right now.

"Our Prepaid Smartphone Plans give you Unlimited Talk and Text with the freedom to select the data plan that's right for you. Get 2GB of data for only $60 per month or 4GB of data for $70 per month. Stream more music, games and movies with No Annual Contract and No Credit Check all on America's Most Reliable High–speed wireless network."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast