View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    It's anybody's guess as to how strictly Aio will monitor data usage. All I can say is that we haven't been admonished in the 3 months we've been using the service. I don't abuse tethering, but I use it several times a week.
    Thanks for that, could just work then as I would only use it lightly as well.
    The Last Nokia Fanboy

Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, ekit, Truphone, Piranha, Three UK, Lycamobile, WorldSim
    Feedback Score

Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by sprke81 View Post
    The only one I can say for sure is a straight talk ATT SIM, I know that will use Viaero Wireless network for voice and text only
    Thanks for contributing. Your mail box is full.
    sprke81 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    So here is my message/request for you to consider:

Hello. I saw your mention of Viaero Wireless in a question about Nebraska. I see your location as NE & IA. Would you consider starting a thread[s] about GSM networks and coverage in NE [and IA] and anywhere else in the middle of the country that you might have knowledge or expertise on?

Immix seems to cover Nebraska [and thus ekit].
    Who else roams on Viaero Wireless? Any other small providers there to be surveyed?

Thanks for considering.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Okay so streaming Aereo on the go has been a stop and go issue on aio capped HSPA+. I'm using the aio sim in my iPhone 5 from Verizon so I can't lock on to LTE to see if the Aereo stream works without issue in that regard.

Sent with the HoFo App

Feedback Score
    Looks like the nationwide rollout is live now. I'm able to order from PA.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I finally got a chance to use my new AIO service that I ported over and activated this week. Previously, I was using the $55 AIO plan that I activated a month ago, and I got the advertised speeds. I moved down to the $40 plan when I bought the new SIM to port in my number, because the 256k downstream speeds are more than enough to meet my needs. Before the limit, I would get between 2.5-4Mbit/sec on average downstream and 1-1.5Mbit/sec upstream.

However, with my new SIM card, I definitely DO NOT get 4G speeds before I reach the 250MB limit. I have done a couple speed tests and appear to be throttled right at 128kbit/sec downstream, upload speeds are normal in the 1-1.5Mbit/sec range. Ping times are normal 180-300 msec. I called AIO and they were more than useless. I'll be porting back to T-Mobile within the month if they don't do something about this, as it's completely unacceptable. 256k is one thing, 128k is a whole 'nother story, as they say.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Post duplicated.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile, at&t, FI
    Feedback Score
    I asked att tech about the gophone coverage diff with postpaid and he said you are on same network. I have the same apn setting so how can the roaming partner tell if I am different ?

My phone is not provisioned on their network.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    clonehappy, this is a big development. Thanks for sharing. I might have to stick it out with ST after all.

Please keep the updates coming. Thank you and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I finally got a chance to use my new AIO service that I ported over and activated this week. Previously, I was using the $55 AIO plan that I activated a month ago, and I got the advertised speeds. I moved down to the $40 plan when I bought the new SIM to port in my number, because the 256k downstream speeds are more than enough to meet my needs. Before the limit, I would get between 2.5-4Mbit/sec on average downstream and 1-1.5Mbit/sec upstream.

However, with my new SIM card, I definitely DO NOT get 4G speeds before I reach the 250MB limit. I have done a couple speed tests and appear to be throttled right at 128kbit/sec downstream, upload speeds are normal in the 1-1.5Mbit/sec range. Ping times are normal 180-300 msec. I called AIO and they were more than useless. I'll be porting back to T-Mobile within the month if they don't do something about this, as it's completely unacceptable. 256k is one thing, 128k is a whole 'nother story, as they say.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YabbaDabaDoo View Post
    clonehappy, this is a big development. Thanks for sharing. I might have to stick it out with ST after all.

Please keep the updates coming. Thank you and good luck.
    I just called back. This rep was more clueless than the first. She asked what phone I was using, and I told her that I put my SIM in my iPhone to run a speedtest to determine what was going on. She then said that you can't swap SIMs on AIO, and that my account could be suspended for putting my SIM in other devices.

I then asked her if she knew what the purpose of a SIM card was, and what BYOD means. She said yes, and that it's company policy that your internet will be throttled or your account suspended for swapping SIMs. Mind you, I had my old AIO SIM in no less than 5 phones, they all worked at full speed before the throttle, and there was no texts or any other indication that swapping SIMs was "against the rules" on a BYOD plan. I am pretty sure she was a moron unless the rules changed since last week.

I again asked that the 128k throttle be lifted, and I was put on hold. She came back to tell me that I needed to plug my iPhone into iTunes to "update the SIM". (This, after the last rep told me that an iPhone "won't work at all" with the basic plan, which from other people on here I know is completely false.) Again, I let her know that iTunes does not update the SIM card, but the carrier bundle. And that my carrier bundles are not the issue, as the old AIO SIM worked at full speed and that I'm being throttled to exactly 128k which isn't happening on my phone, it's happening on their network. She then proceeded to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that plugging my phone into iTunes "will definitely work".

Needless to say, it didn't work. And not to mention that AIO's customer service sounds and feels exactly like Straight Talk's (and is about as helpful). Strange, because my first month went very smoothly and everything worked fine, I was really looking forward to porting my number in and being a happy customer. Needless to say, I'm anything but happy that I've been going through all this-and burning through my 250MB running speed tests that I shouldn't have to be running-and my threat to port back to T-Mobile is not an empty one.

At least T-Mobile (for as puny and useless as their network is in many places I need it), delivers what they advertise. I should've expected nothing less from an AT&T subsidiary.

Feedback Score
    Wow...that SUCKS! So, WTF's the sense in having unlocked phones with contractless service if you can't swap SIM cards from phone to phone (that you/we buy)?

Throwing something against the wall: Do you think this situation has anything to do with the fact that your using a BYOD iPhone?

I just called back. This rep was more clueless than the first. She asked what phone I was using, and I told her that I put my SIM in my iPhone to run a speedtest to determine what was going on. She then said that you can't swap SIMs on AIO, and that my account could be suspended for putting my SIM in other devices.

I then asked her if she knew what the purpose of a SIM card was, and what BYOD means. She said yes, and that it's company policy that your internet will be throttled or your account suspended for swapping SIMs. Mind you, I had my old AIO SIM in no less than 5 phones, they all worked at full speed before the throttle, and there was no texts or any other indication that swapping SIMs was "against the rules" on a BYOD plan. I am pretty sure she was a moron unless the rules changed since last week.

I again asked that the 128k throttle be lifted, and I was put on hold. She came back to tell me that I needed to plug my iPhone into iTunes to "update the SIM". (This, after the last rep told me that an iPhone "won't work at all" with the basic plan, which from other people on here I know is completely false.) Again, I let her know that iTunes does not update the SIM card, but the carrier bundle. And that my carrier bundles are not the issue, as the old AIO SIM worked at full speed and that I'm being throttled to exactly 128k which isn't happening on my phone, it's happening on their network. She then proceeded to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that plugging my phone into iTunes "will definitely work".

Needless to say, it didn't work. And not to mention that AIO's customer service sounds and feels exactly like Straight Talk's (and is about as helpful). Strange, because my first month went very smoothly and everything worked fine, I was really looking forward to porting my number in and being a happy customer. Needless to say, I'm anything but happy that I've been going through all this-and burning through my 250MB running speed tests that I shouldn't have to be running-and my threat to port back to T-Mobile is not an empty one.

At least T-Mobile (for as puny and useless as their network is in many places I need it), delivers what they advertise. I should've expected nothing less from an AT&T subsidiary.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Maybe. I don't know why they would care, though. It's not even an AT&T iPhone and probably isn't even in their system as a smartphone, not to mention that it worked perfectly fine for an entire month on the $55 plan.

Which if they would just tell me I'm being throttled to 128k because I'm using an iPhone on the $40 plan (which others have done without issue, mind you) then fine. But making crap up and blaming the customer's device for something that is so obviously a network provisioning issue is a sure fire way to lose me as a customer.

Sent from a device on a network.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you hit the nail on the head then - AT&T is policing the network. So the $40/month BYOD (Smartphone) "deal" is getting killed off already.

I'm curious if any other Aio customers using the $40/month BYOD (Smartphone) combo are getting the same results you are. If that is the case, then might as well go with the GoPhone (2 GB plan) with discounted cards that comes out to be cheaper than Aio's 2 GB plan. Easier to get GoPhone cards and apparently it's not a problem to use iPhones.

Frigging AT&T...

Maybe. I don't know why they would care, though. It's not even an AT&T iPhone and probably isn't even in their system as a smartphone, not to mention that it worked perfectly fine for an entire month on the $55 plan.

Which if they would just tell me I'm being throttled to 128k because I'm using an iPhone on the $40 plan (which others have done without issue, mind you) then fine. But making crap up and blaming the customer's device for something that is so obviously a network provisioning issue is a sure fire way to lose me as a customer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why don't u all
    Stop being so damn cheap then .. U know the $40' is MADE for basic phones, so that's why your getting basic slow speeds

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Why don't u all
    Stop being so damn cheap then .. U know the $40' is MADE for basic phones, so that's why your getting basic slow speeds

Sent with the HoFo App
    Like I said, if that's the case then fine. I don't have a problem paying $55. I just don't need 2 gigs of 4G speed on this phone. 256k is fine. However, the advertising says 250MB at 4G speeds, then the throttle kicks in.

Not to mention if you go to their site, go to BYOD, then select an iPhone as your device and type in a valid iPhone IMEI, it gives you the $40 plan as a valid option to select for purchase.

If they don't want smartphones on the $40 plan, then don't let people who tell you they're bringing their own smartphone select the $40 plan for purchase! That's a no-brainer.

And as for being cheap, I'm really not. This is just my toy to play with. I pay Verizon their troll toll every month for unlimited LTE on my primary line.

Feedback Score
    I just signed up yesterday and ported 2 phones over to AIO. I did a few speed tests after the port and was getting 3 down and 1 up yesterday but today I am getting .12 down and 1 up so it looks like I am getting throttled now. This is a iPhone 4 on the $40 plan.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast