View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    I'll probably give it a shot. It's been a long week, so I'm heading down to the pub. I'll update if I find out anything new.

Feedback Score
    Thanks again.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Not a problem, I do what I can!

Sent from a device on a network.

Feedback Score
    Great job! I think you've nailed it. Perhaps some of the other folks using smartphones on the $40 plan will also report on the speeds they are experiencing. We should not begrudge Aio for something that they told us not to do in the first place, but it was worth a try.

Hopefully customer service will be able to switch plans. Worst case I'd guess you'd have to use up or forfeit the month and get a new plan. Oh well... I know how you feel, I tried the same thing with GoPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YabbaDabaDoo View Post
    "I would pay an extra $15 in a heartbeat to bump-up to the $55 plan, but I'm sure they won't let me."

If you don't mind the punishment of dealing with CSR's, you could ask to bump your plan up, right?
    Did you try buying 1gb of extra bandwidth and seeing if the speed changes?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    Great job! I think you've nailed it. Perhaps some of the other folks using smartphones on the $40 plan will also report on the speeds they are experiencing. We should not begrudge Aio for something that they told us not to do in the first place, but it was worth a try.

Hopefully customer service will be able to switch plans. Worst case I'd guess you'd have to use up or forfeit the month and get a new plan. Oh well... I know how you feel, I tried the same thing with GoPhone.
    I am on the $40 plan on a Verizon iPhone 5, so I can only connect to the 4g towers. My speed tests were in the 1-2.5Mbps download range. I also tried this sim on my wife's AT&T iPhone 5 and got 2.5 - 3.5 Mbps speeds. I used to get the same speeds on ST AT&T. So I thought maybe that's the AT&T standard around the place where I live. Surprisingly though, my wife's iPhone 5 did not connect to LTE. My friend's AT&T contract iPhone 5 connects to LTE, so I know LTE coverage is available here.

My guess is that aio throttles the $40 plan so that the 250mb "high speed" experience lasts a little longer. They probably want to reduce rants/complaints from customers who run out of their 250mb limit within minutes or hours, if they were on LTE.

Feedback Score
    What APN is everyone using?

My iPhone was autoconfigured with att.mvno but data did not work. I currently use ndo. Could that be the reason for the throttled speed experience? I use a Verizon iPhone 5. I didnot receive any OTA service settings updates.

Feedback Score
    Oh, one more thing. I can confirm that Tethering (personal hotspot) works with aio on the iPhone 5.

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleJinx View Post
    What APN is everyone using?

My iPhone was autoconfigured with att.mvno but data did not work. I currently use ndo. Could that be the reason for the throttled speed experience? I use a Verizon iPhone 5. I didnot receive any OTA service settings updates.
    Official APN settings for AIO Wireless

http://www.aiousers.com/getting-star...-wireless.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    Official APN settings for AIO Wireless

http://www.aiousers.com/getting-star...-wireless.html
    Thank you. This is what I've been using.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleJinx View Post
    Oh, one more thing. I can confirm that Tethering (personal hotspot) works with aio on the iPhone 5.
    The personal hotspot option doesn't even show up for me on my Verizon iPhone 5 with aio sim. Maybe I need to do a restore or maybe it's iOS 7. But the 'setup personal hotspot option' show sight back up when I insert my Verizon or AT&T SIM cards. So I think it has something to do with my aio settings. Just don't know what.

Sent with the HoFo App

Carrier(s)
    GoPhone (x2)
    Feedback Score
    I was all set to switch to the $40 250MB AIO plan when my GoPhone account expires, but after all the negative reports, I'm having second thoughts about it.

I could go for the $55 2GB AIO plan, but I can't see the point when I'm paying only slightly more for the 2GB GoPhone plan with no speed caps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougeeebear View Post
    I was all set to switch to the $40 250MB AIO plan when my GoPhone account expires, but after all the negative reports, I'm having second thoughts about it.

I could go for the $55 2GB AIO plan, but I can't see the point when I'm paying only slightly more for the 2GB GoPhone plan with no speed caps.
    If you're already on GoPhone the only reason I would switch is if you occasionally needed more than 2Gb in which case you would still get data albeit at a much slower speed. In any other case I would stay with GoPhone as it's the same coverage with no speed caps.

As aio gets better perhaps we will see SMS short codes added, the proxy servers ping times reduced, and/or the caps on high-speed data raised. Or not.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YabbaDabaDoo View Post
    "I would pay an extra $15 in a heartbeat to bump-up to the $55 plan, but I'm sure they won't let me."

If you don't mind the punishment of dealing with CSR's, you could ask to bump your plan up, right?
    I found out you can upgrade your plan online. I paid the difference (it was actually prorated, $14) and my speeds immediately returned to normal on the iPhone.

So, we can deduce from all this that the $40 plan is throttled at 128k and the phone reps are either instructed to lie or are being kept ignorant about it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    I found out you can upgrade your plan online. I paid the difference (it was actually prorated, $14) and my speeds immediately returned to normal on the iPhone.

So, we can deduce from all this that the $40 plan is throttled at 128k and the phone reps are either instructed to lie or are being kept ignorant about it.

I'll 2nd that. I switched plans shortly after I signed up and also I cured the $14 prorated upgrade. My data actually combined the 2Gb + 7Gb for a total of 9Gb of high-speed usage for the remainder of this billing cycle. Sweet.

Sent with the HoFo App

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast