View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Feedback Score
    Are you sure that you're in an area with AT&T coverage? I usually have a device with an AT&T sim and another with an Aio sim. While there may be differences in speed, I've never noticed a discrepancy in coverage.

Feedback Score

Could not port my number

I am getting AIO even thought AIO was not able to port my AT&T number. It really didn't matter that I get a new number since I like to refresh my number every few years to get rid of all the dead connections anyway. but the point is, Not every AT&T can be transferred. I called AIO to report the problem, then I conference call to AT&T, let those two talk but none of them knew what to do.

AIO customer service is very nice in terms of friendly and kind but, they are not able to resolve any technical issues as they are only following the script.

For instance, with my porting problem, AIO customer service could only try it the EXACTLY same way that I tried the first time. type my information AIO website and see if they have a better luck... they have no way to tell you what's wrong nor any authority to fix anything if anything goes wrong, like ordering the wrong thing.

so even if AIO rep does something wrong, they no way to fix it, and you have to deal with it on your end.

Even though they are very nice, it's frustrating to hear "There's nothing we can do " with smiley face in the end. They must be told to put at the end of every sentence by their trainers.

so if you are absolutely sure to go with AIO, then do it. I did. It's the same AT&T network and owned by AT&T. Even AT&T rep told me I should go with AIO for better pricing.

but if anything goes wrong technically like if you can't activate or number can't be ported or any other issues, AIO has NO WAY to fix it for you. I mean, NO WAY.

hope this helped.

-alison

Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    I had mentioned in the first AIO Thread that I would try out AIO Service. Now, I have. I've also utilized AT&T's $60/2gb goPhone plan. So, I have a fair point of comparison.

AIO - Pros:
    1. Unlimited 3G data after throttle
    2. Great customer service ($15 refund and credit due to small issues)
    3. Lenient data policy

AIO - Cons
    1. No outside numbers allowed (area code ports)
    2. Throttled "high speed" data

GoPhone - PRos:
    1. Treated as an AT&T postpaid consumer (I got mailed two free replaccemnets of my Galaxy S4)
    2. Unthrottled access to AT&T Network

GoPhone - Cons:
    1. Small amount of data
    2. Higher monthly cost

As you can see, there really isn't any difference between them, except the unlimited data on AIO. A word, here. It's actually unlimited. Beyond tethering and torrenting, there aren't any limits past the high speed allotment. If you're like me, and are wondering what the backend differences between them were, I'll do my best to explain. For instance... I have LTE. it's generally 12-18 mbps on AT&T branded plans. On this plan, it's capped at 8. Ping times and uploads still remain almost the same! Speaking with an AT&T official, there aren't any differences with how customers are treated on the network. I get much better HSPA reception than 4 other Straight Talk users, just like on GoPhone.This points to a higher subscriber priority for AT&T subscribers.

A word on the APN settings. I added them myself, initially. However, they actually sent me a network update with all of the correct settings within 30 minutes of activation. The major difference between this and the "phone" APN appears to be that the APN is ndo vs phone. MMS is routed through AIO servers. APN type for AIO reads the same as AT&T - default,supl,hipri.

So, any questions, feel free to ask! I want to start a lively discussion about it. Also, if you want me to get you a SIM, I'm happy to get one for you. Be warned, you'll need a new number!

Feedback Score
    Why couldn't you port your number from AT&T? And did you lose it in the attempted porting process?

Quote Originally Posted by aftra View Post
    I am getting AIO even thought AIO was not able to port my AT&T number. It really didn't matter that I get a new number since I like to refresh my number every few years to get rid of all the dead connections anyway. but the point is, Not every AT&T can be transferred. I called AIO to report the problem, then I conference call to AT&T, let those two talk but none of them knew what to do.

AIO customer service is very nice in terms of friendly and kind but, they are not able to resolve any technical issues as they are only following the script.

For instance, with my porting problem, AIO customer service could only try it the EXACTLY same way that I tried the first time. type my information AIO website and see if they have a better luck... they have no way to tell you what's wrong nor any authority to fix anything if anything goes wrong, like ordering the wrong thing.

so even if AIO rep does something wrong, they no way to fix it, and you have to deal with it on your end.

Even though they are very nice, it's frustrating to hear "There's nothing we can do " with smiley face in the end. They must be told to put at the end of every sentence by their trainers.

so if you are absolutely sure to go with AIO, then do it. I did. It's the same AT&T network and owned by AT&T. Even AT&T rep told me I should go with AIO for better pricing.

but if anything goes wrong technically like if you can't activate or number can't be ported or any other issues, AIO has NO WAY to fix it for you. I mean, NO WAY.

hope this helped.

-alison

Feedback Score
    Funny thing is, nobody knows why my number was not portable. I tried on AIO website while ordering and it kept coming back with "Number Not Transferable" message.

I called AIO and nobody there could resolve it. I did the conference with AT&T & AIO reps, let them talk to each other but neither of them could figure it out.

AIO rep end up spending a day (he claimed) and told me that they have no idea why. AT&T has no idea why. and simply not portable.

I didn't really care if I can keep the number or not.

I rather have $55 AIO bill than $100 AT&T bill.

Quote Originally Posted by angela1999 View Post
    Why couldn't you port your number from AT&T? And did you lose it in the attempted porting process?

Feedback Score
    that's very bad. I just AIO in Philadelphia and mine is working perfect. It just as I was still using AT&T. No problem at all so far and I'm happy to report that I only pay $55 instead of $103!

Quote Originally Posted by kgcurrie View Post
    I'm on the AIO 2GB plan. I signed up last week. So far data has been very, very spotty. I'm often sitting somewhere with 4 or 5 bars of signal on the aio network with full phone service and no data service. So far I have to say aio isn't ready for national orders.

Phone
    Razr
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoodleJinx View Post
    I did a bit of research and speed tests and this is what I found out.

1. LTE isn't enabled on the $40 plan.
    2. New carrier settings (aio 14.3) are pushed when you are on $55 or $70 plans. This enables LTE.
    3. Personal hotspot works if you are not on the aio 14.3 carrier setting. The carrier setting disables the personal hotspot option.

Here are my speed test results:

Ping, Download, Upload, Plan, Network

Verizon iPhone 5
    249ms 1.64Mbps 0.26 Mbps $40 4g
    275ms 2.19 Mbps 1.53Mbps $40 4g
    258ms 1.82 Mbps 1.44 Mbps $40 4g
    246ms 0.65Mbps 0.58Mbps $55 4g LTE disabled
    265ms 1.40Mbps 0.71Mbps $55 4g LTE disabled
    275ms 1.02Mbps 0.45Mbps $55 4g LTE disabled
    248ms 2.82Mbps 0.63Mbps $55 4g LTE enabled
    255ms 2.21Mbps 1.28Mbps $55 4g LTE enabled

Att iPhone 5
    313ms 3.48Mbps 1.22 Mbps $40 4g
    315ms 0.48Mbps 1.52 Mbps $40 4g
    321ms 3.32Mbps 0.85Mbps $40 4g
    251ms 1.98Mbps 1.49Mbps $40 4g
    232ms 6.02Mbps 1.64Mbps $55 LTE
    430ms 3.41Mbps 2.33Mbps $55 LTE
    240ms 4.87Mbps 1.48Mbps $55 LTE
    240ms 3.90Mbps 2.44Mbps $55 LTE

These tests were performed in the Philadelphia suburbs.

In summary, aio isnt worth it if you intend using it on a Verizon iphone 5. You definitely need an LTE phone on the AT&T network bands. Even though Verizon's IPhone 5 is capable of 4g, aio's 4g speeds are pathetic.

Hope this helps.
    When performing speed tests on the $40 plan with ATT iPhone, was your data capped?

Feedback Score
    Are you using 2 iPhone 5s or are you using a Verizon iphone 5. The reason why you arent getting lte on at&t is that you are on HSPA if you are using 1 iPhone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier
    T Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I live in Richmond Va and there's no stores here for Aio so I'll let you know how that goes should have SIM on Tuesday for my lg nexsus 4

Sent with the HoFo App
    Sent from my Nexsus 4

Phones
    Iphone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quick question for people who have iPhone on aio wireless, is the hotspot disabled like it was with at&t or is it working with aio wireless?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonlee917 View Post
    I live in Richmond Va and there's no stores here for Aio so I'll let you know how that goes should have SIM on Tuesday for my lg nexsus 4

Sent with the HoFo App
    Just a heads up, you're going to have to manually enter the AIO APN, the Nexus 4 doesn't automatically get configured when you install the SIM. The customer service chat can give you the settings.

Carrier
    T Mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Ok cool

Sent from my Nexus 4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    with my AT&T iPhone 4s, I get up to 4mbps on AIO network. to be honest, I did not notice any difference in speed when I'm using it. when I do the speed test, the speed varies. sometimes, it's as slow as 1 mbps, sometimes it goes 4 mbps.

If you are doing the testing, you have to run it 10 times at different times, then average out.

Phones
    Iphone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aftra View Post
    with my AT&T iPhone 4s, I get up to 4mbps on AIO network. to be honest, I did not notice any difference in speed when I'm using it. when I do the speed test, the speed varies. sometimes, it's as slow as 1 mbps, sometimes it goes 4 mbps.

If you are doing the testing, you have to run it 10 times at different times, then average out.
    Is hot spot working on your iPhone 4S?

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Feedback Score
    Hotspot doesn't work with AIO

Sent with the HoFo App
    Get low domestic & international calling card rates at www.phonecheap.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WantUnltdData View Post
    Are you using 2 iPhone 5s or are you using a Verizon iphone 5. The reason why you arent getting lte on at&t is that you are on HSPA if you are using 1 iPhone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using HoFo mobile app
    The $40 plan doesn't get you LTE. However, an advantage is that on the $40 plan, carrier settings are not pushed, and you can tether.

I've tested this on both the verizon and att iPhone 5's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast