View Poll Results: What plan/carrier are you using?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • AT&T GoPhone

13 68.42%
  • Straight Talk

2 10.53%
  • Net10/RedPocket/H20 (comments)

1 5.26%
  • AIO Wireless

3 15.79%
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: AIO Wireless - My Review

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It was a provision issue in my OS. Not their fault. And, I wanted to show you guys the network update screen. As for speed... I can say that the speedtests are considerably slower. On gophone, my speeds usually were about 14 down and 12 up in the I-75/ I-10 corridor. On AIO, Its between 4-8 down and up. Ping is higher as well. Let me grab a speed test in the morning in town. My house is on the cusp of a 3G only tower and an LTE. /HSPA+ tower area. It murders my battery, so I have it set to wcdma only in settings

-Sent from my SGS4
    Unlimited**

**please see terms and conditions for limits on our unlimited plans

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fusprint View Post
    Would you mind throwing up a speed test? I'm in Central FL and ATT seems to be the way to go for good coverage so I'm considering Aio vs. GoPhone.
    Not a whole lot of coverage at home. The spiked up speedtest is when I walked outside and set it to LTE only. Honestly, I havnt noticed a difference VS GoPhone. Reddit, YouTube, Facebook, and Google Now all load almost instantly anywhere I am. Except at home, where I am fringe between lte and 3g on two towers. As i said earlier, I usually leave it on "4G" HSPA+ only mode. Not just for battery, but for phone calls. I work for a utility company in my area, so I have first hand experience with what towers have what equipement in my area.

In the Gainesville area, I do remember hitting their 8 mbps download cap (it jumped up and stayed there for the test). Ping was reasonable at 150 or 175. Upload was much higher than download, oddly. This makes me think they simply provision your account for a certain speed just like they used to do with goPhone. Honestly, I've like AIO alot more than GoPhone and Straight Talk, as I get good customer service and data isnt an issue (IMO the best of both worlds). If speed is your top priority, gophone is it. If everyday usage is it, go AIO. They are treated the same on towers, and I get much more reliable signal on both than i ever did with ST-AT&T. Its on par with my company issued blackberry for signal.

PS - I'll do another test when I get close to a cell site tommorrow. My crew managed to cut a comm. line today (fixed). That was a giant ***** storm, lemme tell ya.

-Sent from my SGS4
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    You say you get LTE and 8Mbps but the Aio site says 4Mbps. I'm not a huge data hog, especially since data barely works on Sprint in my area but I'm just curious as to what the real cap is. I think I fall in your "everyday" category and once I dump Sprint I'll give Aio a shot.

Feedback Score
    Here in alaska I get 3mbs per second. Aio is not for speed demons but for those that don't to pay a high bill.

From the desk of Hiss Excellency.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Their website, if you look close, caps HSPA @ 4mbps, and LTE @ 8 mbps. So, not for the speed demons among us, but plenty fast for netflix and youtube

-Sent from my SGS4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Their website, if you look close, caps HSPA 4mbps, and LTE 8 mbps. So, not for the speed demons among us, but plenty fast for netflix and youtube

-Sent from my SGS4
    Seems you are correct, they just failed to update their FAQ. Good stuff. The occasional streaming video is the most data intensive thing I do, so as long as it handles that well there shouldn't be any problems.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Nope! Its worth the extra 90 -120 ms ping times for good service and 5 cheaper

-Sent from my SGS4

Feedback Score
    AIO does what Virgin/Boost does and compresses data through a proxy, they need to fix those ping times.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s98nj View Post
    AIO does what Virgin/Boost does and compresses data through a proxy, they need to fix those ping times.
    Well its that or a regular speedcap.

-Sent from my SGS4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rvsidekick6 View Post
    Nope! Its worth the extra 90 -120 ms ping times for good service and 5 cheaper

-Sent from my SGS4
    The nice thing about it is if it sucks I can just use GoPhone and only be out the cost of a SIM. This is how wireless should be.

Carriers
    AIO Wireless (Current)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The nice thing about it is if it sucks I can just use GoPhone and only be out the cost of a SIM. This is how wireless should be.
    I agree. I may yet port my number to GV and use cyanogenmod... by the way, I ordered a SIM online and its on the way for a HoFo subscriber. So far its going smoothly. Any other takers?

-Sent from my SGS4

Feedback Score

Cool AIO store in Kissimmee/St. Cloud

As I was driving through FL today I happened to notice a kid on the corner holding up a sign that read "Free Android - No Contract"....then I noticed it said AIO Wireless.....I stopped in and found out that the free Android phone is only for those who are porting a number from MetroPCS....so if you have a MetroPCS number you want to port then AIO will give you a free ZTE Android phone. If you don't have a MetroPCS number to port, you can still get the same ZTE phone discounted for $20, but you'll have to get the $55 or up plan to go with it(as with all of their smartphones). I wanted to get the $40 plan, so I opted for a free Samsung SGH-A207 flip phone instead(they also had another feature phone with qwerty keybd for $20 i think that you could use with the $40 plan). The sales rep assured me that I could put the $40 plan sim in a smartphone and it would work fine, you just can't get the $40 plan with any of their in-house phones. I live in Atlanta and had tried about a week ago to get AIO service but couldn't because of the market restrictions. So I was thilled that I happened upon their store today and now I'll get to take it back home with me. I live in an area of North GA where there is ONLY AT&T signal. I've lived for years with no cell service at home because I'm unwilling to pay AT&T's astronomical rates. I've been with T-Mo for years, but earlier this year I switched over to Solavei to get an unlimited plan that was slightly better than T-Mo's offering. So maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get calls at home now.....crossing fingers!

Phone
    Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5 64GB
    Carriers
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Well keep us post it... I think most of us would like to know... Actually that is what I was thinking on doing on my next trip to Orlando, Fl... Lol

Sent with the HoFo App
    “Let your life mean something. Become an inspiration to others so that they may try to do more and to become more than they are today.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by denniswbaker View Post
    As I was driving through FL today I happened to notice a kid on the corner holding up a sign that read "Free Android - No Contract"....then I noticed it said AIO Wireless.....I stopped in and found out that the free Android phone is only for those who are porting a number from MetroPCS....so if you have a MetroPCS number you want to port then AIO will give you a free ZTE Android phone. If you don't have a MetroPCS number to port, you can still get the same ZTE phone discounted for $20, but you'll have to get the $55 or up plan to go with it(as with all of their smartphones). I wanted to get the $40 plan, so I opted for a free Samsung SGH-A207 flip phone instead(they also had another feature phone with qwerty keybd for $20 i think that you could use with the $40 plan). The sales rep assured me that I could put the $40 plan sim in a smartphone and it would work fine, you just can't get the $40 plan with any of their in-house phones. I live in Atlanta and had tried about a week ago to get AIO service but couldn't because of the market restrictions. So I was thilled that I happened upon their store today and now I'll get to take it back home with me. I live in an area of North GA where there is ONLY AT&T signal. I've lived for years with no cell service at home because I'm unwilling to pay AT&T's astronomical rates. I've been with T-Mo for years, but earlier this year I switched over to Solavei to get an unlimited plan that was slightly better than T-Mo's offering. So maybe, just maybe I'll be able to get calls at home now.....crossing fingers!
    Hmm wish I could convince them to give me a free phone for porting my Sprint number.

Phone
    SM-N900A Samsung SGH-I337
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hmm wish I could convince them to give me a free phone for porting my Sprint number.
    never know till you try.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast